JOJO SAYS.......

JOJOTOWNSELL

....JOJO has seen or been a part of almost every debacle this team has thrown at its fans since 1986.

*I was in my dads car listening to the radio on the way up to go skiing in Vermont when Mark Gastenaeu ruined our chances of AFC championship game with the dumbass penalty

*I was at the game when Dennis Byrd broke his neck....after the game dad took me for steak at Old Homestead and at the table right behind us was Boomer Esiason and some other Jets who had just left whatever hospital Dennis Byrd was at. I could barely finish my steak cuz i was trying to eavesdrop on what was going on......really a sad dinner

*I was at the goddamn fake spike play game.....do i have to say more on this one.

* I got sick the sunday of the 1998 AFC championship game. I was on vacation in Miami and had plans of staying thru the week to go to the SB if the Jets won. It was 88 degrees out and at noon i was shivering under a blanket running to the bathroom literally every 4 minutes. The Jets werent playing for 5 hours and i had LITERALLY gotten myself sick over the game. That day i remember saying to myself that this isnt normal behavior.

*Vance Joseph covering Tim Brown anyone????

*Those are the easy ones - but the anonymous ones hurt just as much......random loses to chiefs, bills, browns, ect

I have seen everything.......as i would wager about 30 percent of this board has! lol

I am programed to expect this team to fail

Funny thing is, i dont feel it this year.....things couldnt be playing themselves out better this year.

let me explain...........We were darlings of the Nfl after the Titans win.....all of a sudden we were the national/public team that lotsa people were picking to go to SB. Now as a true Jets fan, this was unfamiliar territory for me and all the rest of us. This really did not sit well with me at all. Our public perception was peaking at an all time high....everyone was yapping about the Jets. "That Proverbial Guy" who always wears the Cowboys jersey HAD to go out and get the Favre jersey......we had become a bandwagon team......and the Goddamn NY Jets dont do bandwagons.........

So now we lose some games and the bandwagon disolves....THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

The point is, anytime there are expectations for this team things go to ****........

example - NON expectation years.....1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006 - we were coming off bad years and we had winning/playoff seasons......we had very lil hype coming into these seaons and we did our thing

EXPECTATION YEARS - 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 - years where we did well the year before and people were chatting us up as contenders....we did nothing these years

SO WE THIS TURNED INTO AN EXPECTATION YEAR AS SOON AS WE BEAT THE TITANS......and im talking Super Bowl expectations not making the playoffssss

whats the point of all this you ask?????

I am so glad that this bandwagon has disolved......so glad we have low expectations......cuz that is the only time this team does well historically....when there are zero expectations and they are playing with house money..........

The NFL playoffs have become the biggest crapshoot in sports......bigger than the NCAA tourny......ITS ALL ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND GETTING HOT.

Does anyone really think that there is a stadium that we can't march into and win??? On the right day i there isnt a team in the NFL that scares me. I will take my chances with this team against any of them.......Everyone is hating on Favre but I realize that all it takes is for him to get hot for 3 games and we are in the going to Tampa

Thank god the 2008 NY Jets arent a pubic team as of week 15....let us sneak under the radar and pull off a super bowl run for the true fans who have suffered...... DONE

....JOJO has seen or been a part of almost every debacle this team has thrown at its fans since 1986.

*I was in my dads car listening to the radio on the way up to go skiing in Vermont when Mark Gastenaeu ruined our chances of AFC championship game with the dumbass penalty

*I was at the game when Dennis Byrd broke his neck....after the game dad took me for steak at Old Homestead and at the table right behind us was Boomer Esiason and some other Jets who had just left whatever hospital Dennis Byrd was at. I could barely finish my steak cuz i was trying to eavesdrop on what was going on......really a sad dinner

*I was at the goddamn fake spike play game.....do i have to say more on this one.

* I got sick the sunday of the 1998 AFC championship game. I was on vacation in Miami and had plans of staying thru the week to go to the SB if the Jets won. It was 88 degrees out and at noon i was shivering under a blanket running to the bathroom literally every 4 minutes. The Jets werent playing for 5 hours and i had LITERALLY gotten myself sick over the game. That day i remember saying to myself that this isnt normal behavior.

*Vance Joseph covering Tim Brown anyone????

*Those are the easy ones - but the anonymous ones hurt just as much......random loses to chiefs, bills, browns, ect

I have seen everything.......as i would wager about 30 percent of this board has! lol

I am programed to expect this team to fail

Funny thing is, i dont feel it this year.....things couldnt be playing themselves out better this year.

let me explain...........We were darlings of the Nfl after the Titans win.....all of a sudden we were the national/public team that lotsa people were picking to go to SB. Now as a true Jets fan, this was unfamiliar territory for me and all the rest of us. This really did not sit well with me at all. Our public perception was peaking at an all time high....everyone was yapping about the Jets. "That Proverbial Guy" who always wears the Cowboys jersey HAD to go out and get the Favre jersey......we had become a bandwagon team......and the Goddamn NY Jets dont do bandwagons.........

So now we lose some games and the bandwagon disolves....THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

The point is, anytime there are expectations for this team things go to ****........

example - NON expectation years.....1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006 - we were coming off bad years and we had winning/playoff seasons......we had very lil hype coming into these seaons and we did our thing

EXPECTATION YEARS - 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 - years where we did well the year before and people were chatting us up as contenders....we did nothing these years

SO WE THIS TURNED INTO AN EXPECTATION YEAR AS SOON AS WE BEAT THE TITANS......and im talking Super Bowl expectations not making the playoffssss

whats the point of all this you ask?????

I am so glad that this bandwagon has disolved......so glad we have low expectations......cuz that is the only time this team does well historically....when there are zero expectations and they are playing with house money..........

The NFL playoffs have become the biggest crapshoot in sports......bigger than the NCAA tourny......ITS ALL ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS AND GETTING HOT.

Does anyone really think that there is a stadium that we can't march into and win??? On the right day i there isnt a team in the NFL that scares me. I will take my chances with this team against any of them.......Everyone is hating on Favre but I realize that all it takes is for him to get hot for 3 games and we are in the going to Tampa

Thank god the 2008 NY Jets arent a pubic team as of week 15....let us sneak under the radar and pull off a super bowl run for the true fans who have suffered...... DONE

Post of The Year!

This is the spirit. The Giants proved last year it doesn't matter what you compile during the year. Just get hot at the right time. Who says we can't get hot again? There is so much mediocrity in the NFL this year. Jojo is right. We can beat anybody on any given Sunday. There is too much negativity on this board. Never give up. Never say die.

Did we Americans give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! Did Ted Kennedy give up when he was swimming for his life? No! Did Bush let that shoe hit him in the kisser? No!

Go. Fight. Win.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

Great post! The stealth mode is the best way to deliver shock and awe.

I agree that we are capable of walking into any team's house and winning.

I'm also a realist enough to know any team can defeat us on any given day.

With that said..I like our chances...hopefully the defense gets some momentum from the Bills game.

Great post! The stealth mode is the best way to deliver shock and awe.

I agree that we are capable of walking into any team's house and winning.

I'm also a realist enough to know any team can defeat us on any given day.

With that said..I like our chances...hopefully the defense gets some momentum from the Bills game.

thats the reality of the NFL....no oneis as good as they seem,.....no one is as bad as they seem

Love this teams chances this year with no clear cut favorite

Good post Tone-Loc! After the sack and fumble last sunday I walked calmly back off the ledge. Lets go JETS!!

BTW, you should be coming up here for the Miami game, I told Ken I will drive you two back down monday when I come down there.

I was thinking about coming up but a few issues arise :

* I am in South Florida....the belly of the beast....i feel i am of more use to the cause being down here being the "Jerk-Off Jet Fan" as i am commonly called. Its always a ton of fun down here during Jets-Dolphins week because i am gifted at pissing off Dolphins fans.......they always love my "RAY FINKLE LACES OUT" chants

*I would rather save the trip for a home playoff game and a possible road playoff game the next week. Because there is no goddamn way in hell that this team misses the playoffs.

*Its Xmas week and i caught hell for going to the Jets/phins game a few years ago on xmas....lol

I was thinking about coming up but a few issues arise :

* I am in South Florida....the belly of the beast....i feel i am of more use to the cause being down here being the "Jerk-Off Jet Fan" as i am commonly called. Its always a ton of fun down here during Jets-Dolphins week because i am gifted at pissing off Dolphins fans.......they always love my "RAY FINKLE LACES OUT" chants

Ok, I know you too well, this is just a bulls##t excuse, lol, if you stay in FL you will just be in your house watching it anyway.

*I would rather save the trip for a home playoff game and a possible road playoff game the next week. Because there is no goddamn way in hell that this team misses the playoffs.

Well, outside of a playoff game in Pitt, don't know that I will bother with the playoffs. I look at it this way, if the jets lose a playoff game it is gonna suck big time being there and wasting the money. If the Jets win, I get to go to the superbowl. So going to playoff games doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it.

*Its Xmas week and i caught hell for going to the Jets/phins game a few years ago on xmas....lol

Eh, you can hop on the plane friday or saturday, just get a one way ticket. Dude, the stadium will be bananas for this game, Favre vs Pennington for the whole enchilada, this could very well be one of those games that everyone remembers. And you only need a one way ticket, I am going to drive down to florida the next day, road trip yo! We can find a good bbq place on the way down 95.

Ok, I know you too well, this is just a bulls##t excuse, lol, if you stay in FL you will just be in your house watching it anyway.

Well, outside of a playoff game in Pitt, don't know that I will bother with the playoffs. I look at it this way, if the jets lose a playoff game it is gonna suck big time being there and wasting the money. If the Jets win, I get to go to the superbowl. So going to playoff games doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it.

I am going to the first home game......missing the second playoff game......then going to AFC CHAMPIONSHIP (which will be in our house after Tenn and Pitt lose after there bye week) and SUPER BOWL..............so i will miss the dolphin game and game in Tennesee.....sound good????

Archived