NFL in no rush to announce week 17 flex game....

NY JETS 29

NFL can really flex muscles in Week 17

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Flex scheduling

To those waiting for the NFL to announce its flex scheduling plan for the final week of the regular season, you will have to wait a little longer. Deciding which contest is chosen for the Sunday night prime-time game on NBC normally is done 12 days prior to the game

NFL can really flex muscles in Week 17

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Flex scheduling

To those waiting for the NFL to announce its flex scheduling plan for the final week of the regular season, you will have to wait a little longer. Deciding which contest is chosen for the Sunday night prime-time game on NBC normally is done 12 days prior to the game

What I think is interesting here is that the network (CBS) can protect one game and all the flex games have come from FOX as of now. Will CBS protect the Jets vs. Miami game and have the NFL flex it to 4:15PM. That is the vibe I'm kind of feeling right now.

They would be out of their mind not to... unless the NFL offers them something in return of course...

No the NFL does and the networks can protect one (I think its only one) game from being flexed off their slot.

FAIL

No, I actually PASS.

NBC flexes the game, and by contract CBS/FOX can protect 1 game on their doubleheader day.

Think about it.. NFL ultimately publishes it, but if NBC says "We do not want this game" do you think it's getting flexed in? So if you want to play semantics, feel free, but the FACT is NBC flexes the game.

These were the rules last yr. They are similar this year.

* Begins Sunday of Week 11

* In effect during Weeks 11-17

* Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.

* The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.

* The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

* No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

* The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

* Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

* The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

* Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

* NFL schedules all games.

* Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Its not teams they can protect... its just one game all season... I don't think they have used it yet because they haven't had to...

If it's 1 per season (that's a change), then CbS used theirs protecting TEN/NYJ a few weeks ago.

Well the sooner they let us know the better. It isn't like people's lives would be impacted or anything like that. Travel plans for Saturday, day off on Monday, things like that. The NFL may have heard (or NBC) that it is a Holiday weekend.

Well the sooner they let us know the better. It isn't like people's lives would be impacted or anything like that. Travel plans for Saturday, day off on Monday, things like that. The NFL may have heard (or NBC) that it is a Holiday weekend.

LOL

and to think they will make you pay for PSLs soon too... :Nuts:

Cmon... 7 days isnt enough time to shuffle your entire week around?

Week 17 says they can decide on Monday, 12/22.

I don't care either way. A game is a game. Night would be a bit better, colder and harder for those South Beach Boys.

Also, night would mean I would need to get a baby sitter or drop off the kid.

BZ

I would have to disagree about game time. I heard Fatcessca talk about wind last week and he stated that it is windier during the day than at night and I did a little research and he is correct. So i would say a day game might be a better game time for the Jets as long as its not 65 like it was yesterday.

Archived