Deal or steal?

vinnys025

I got a 50" plasma for 899, its a samsung. Good price?

you got a great deal. end of story. plasma tv's may not be the future but there is nothing wrong with the ones on the shelf.

are you happy with the picture Vinny? thats all you really need to ask.

if you got a 50" tv for 900 bucks & are happy with it then it is a great buy. you need no validation from us & it's a little late to put comparisons under the microscope. there are pros & cons to everything.

samsung is high quality stuff when it comes to tv's

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do plasma's suck or something?

I have a 50" plasma and it is excellent, you will love it. For the bigger sets (over 40"), the color is supposed to be truer on a plasma (though LCD is still fantastic too). Don't worry about the alleged shorter shelf life because by the time it burns out (or whatever happens to them,) you will probably have relegated the set to the kids playroom.

Do plasma's suck or something?

5. Which is better value for me right now: plasma or LCD?

If you're in the market for a big screen television -- and we're talking 50-inches and above -- then we'd suggest plasma as a safe bet. Plasmas give you more bang for your buck at the big end of town, and while LCDs can give you better resolution, plasma still has the edge in terms of picture quality. One other thing to look for, whether you opt for plasma or LCD, is an integrated tuner -- many TVs still have analogue tuners, which look pretty terrible on a large screen. Try to get a model with an inbuilt HD tuner if you can

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035250,240036500,00.htm

you got a great deal. end of story. plasma tv's may not be the future but there is nothing wrong with the ones on the shelf.

are you happy with the picture Vinny? thats all you really need to ask.

if you got a 50" tv for 900 bucks & are happy with it then it is a great buy. you need no validation from us & it's a little late to put comparisons under the microscope. there are pros & cons to everything.

samsung is high quality stuff when it comes to tv's

enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to tell him about their tendency to explode, JW. If I remember the bulletin distributed by the FCC a few months ago, the sets achieve "critical mass", so to speak after about 35 hours of viewing. Not to worry, though, the shards of plastic from the explosion have been found to cut the skin less than that of older TVs, which employed glass. Enjoy your new purchase.

I got a 50" plasma for 899, its a samsung. Good price?

Vinny that is a really good deal. Plasma pictures are excellent, Samsung is great name. And the price was more than right.

The original plasmas didn't have the same life expectancy of the current models. The people who tell you about burn in etc are also referring to 1st gen plasmas even if they don't realize it.

Not anymore, plasmas are falling like a rock.

True, but both their prices are falling. It's basically a push right now as to which one is cheaper.

LCDs are catching up in the price war, and in most cases you get can get more bang for your buck with an LCD.

But $899 for a 50" plasma is a great deal, it'd be hard to find a deal on a LCD that can beat that.

True, but both their prices are falling. It's basically a push right now as to which one is cheaper.

LCDs are catching up in the price war, and in most cases you get can get more bang for your buck with an LCD.

But $899 for a 50" plasma is a great deal, it'd be hard to find a deal on a LCD that can beat that.

not really. plasmas are about 100$ cheaper. go on walmart.com.

not really. plasmas are about 100$ cheaper. go on walmart.com.

Yeah, a lot of that has to do with the brand though. Sony is always going to cost more than a Samsung or Zenith.

But I didn't really look at all of them so I'm sure there are going to be some exceptions.

Yeah, a lot of that has to do with the brand though. Sony is always going to cost more than a Samsung or Zenith.

But I didn't really look at all of them so I'm sure there are going to be some exceptions.

nope, it's not even that anymore. a sony plasma is cheaper than a sony lcd. plasmas are falling like a rock.

for example, samsung 42" plasma is only $698 :eek:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10333896

samsung 40" LCD is $998 http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10333895

AND it's 2 inches smaller.

Archived