Hah Pats got Winfield-ed

Jetlag

Patriots | Offered More Money to Mason - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:42:18 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports according to an NFL Network report, the New England Patriots offered WR Derrick Mason more money than the Baltimore Ravens, who signed Mason to a five-year deal worth $20 million. Mason visited New England and underwent a physical Tuesday, March 1. "It came down to the Ravens and New England," Mason said. "The Ravens stepped to the plate and made things happen for me."

Patriots | Offered More Money to Mason - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:42:18 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports according to an NFL Network report, the New England Patriots offered WR Derrick Mason more money than the Baltimore Ravens, who signed Mason to a five-year deal worth $20 million. Mason visited New England and underwent a physical Tuesday, March 1. "It came down to the Ravens and New England," Mason said. "The Ravens stepped to the plate and made things happen for me."

lag, all Belichick was doing was driving the price up for Mason, and the Ravens fell hook, line and sinker.

He had no intention of ever signing him.

Remember the DRob situation? :o:o:o

]

lag, all Belichick was doing was driving the price up for Mason, and the Ravens fell hook, line and sinker.

yea, right you flaming loser..

No see, this is not a Jets thread. Defend your team, ya bastard, not attack ours.

]

yea, right you flaming loser..

Hey 13, figure out how to use the quote box feature.

It's hard to separate your drivel in each of your posts.

it's not a true "winfield" unless the player is in the building and his wife is wearing a jersey of the team he is about to screw over :lol:

:lol: I wonder if she at least gave the jersey back before she whispered to Winfield "Psssst, NY sucks."

What's really funny is that flame-boy BELIEVES this BS.

Belichicken got punked. Nice to see it happen to someone else for a change.

No offense, but what is the validity of this rumor? We are talking Felger here.....plus, why would someone pick a team who's QB is Kyle Boller unless the money was 1) ridiculous and 2) who knows....

There have been other sources that said the same thing. Adam Schefter from NFL Network said this the other night on NFL Total Access.

What's really funny is that flame-boy BELIEVES this BS.

Belichicken got punked. Nice to see it happen to someone else for a change.

Bob,

Do you really think Belichick is so stupid to give up two 1st's and a 4th for someone who isn't even a Pro Bowl player after two years? :lol::lol::lol:

When Belichick wants someone (ie Harrison, Washington, Colvin) he gets it done.

They may have wanted his services, but the Pats paying BIG bucks to a WR? No way. Uh-uh, not under BB's watch. Plus, someone needs to explain why a player would choose a team lead by Kyle Boller. It's 'gotta be money.

I'm real impressed with the Pats off-season so far. Keep on keepin' on, BB! :lol:

Yea, too bad the Pats don't have a 78-year old RB who would have restructured their contract to the vet minimum.

Hey Stiller, that move will put the Steelers over the top.

Never mind, scratch that. Cowher still would have to coach in an AFC Championship game. :lol::lol::lol:

Yea, too bad the Pats don't have a 78-year old RB who would have restructured their contract to the vet minimum.

Never mind, scratch that. Cowher still would have to coach in an AFC Championship game. :lol::lol::lol:

DOH ! ! !

They may have wanted his services, but the Pats paying BIG bucks to a WR? No way. Uh-uh, not under BB's watch. Plus, someone needs to explain why a player would choose a team lead by Kyle Boller. It's 'gotta be money.

I really couldn't explain why he would want Boller throwin' to him. I could speculate though, that he may think the Pats are all out of SB trophies and wants to go to a contender with a strong D. :-k

And what would Belichick have done had Mason accepted the offer. Would he have said he was just kidding?

There had to be a fairly serious interest in him.

And what would Belichick have done had Mason accepted the offer. Would he have said he was just kidding?

There had to be a fairly serious interest in him.

I'm sure there was serious interest, but I can't see BB going into a bidding war over a reciever and I highly doubt they oferred more than Baltimore - where Billick the alleged Offensive Guru with no offense and great defense, reside. Just isn't something BB would do.

that was harsh :twisted: :lol:

:lol: I missed that jab!

Here's one for ya, TX.

WARNING: Teams in your rear view mirror are now closer than they actually appear. :shock::lol:

No, the Pats rearview mirror does not come with the warning: "objects (teams) are much closer than they appear".

It's a regular rearview and the large gap is actual. :lol::lol:

See Ben Pass (into the hands of Rodney Harrison)

See Ben run (off to the sidelines after another INT)

See Ben grow as a player (just like his last his last 6 games)

See Patsies lose veterans (and reload with youth and speed)

See Cowher win an AFCC (and friggn pigs fly)

See Ben Pass (into the hands of Rodney Harrison)

See Ben run (off to the sidelines after another INT)

See Ben grow as a player (just like his last his last 6 games)

See Patsies lose veterans (and reload with youth and speed)

See Cowher win an AFCC (and friggn pigs fly)

Stop pissin' in my cheerios! :lol:

Archived