Can Jets clinch East this week?

MagicBizkit87

What is this, the third or fourth thread asking this? No, the Jets cannot clinch ANYTHING this week, no matter what Miami or New England do. The Jets have to beat Miami Week 17 in order to stand a chance of winning the division. Simply put:

Beat Seattle & Miami = Division Champs

Lose to Seattle & Beat Miami = You have hope

Beat Seattle & Lose to Miami = You have hope, for a Wildcard only

What is this, the third or fourth thread asking this? No, the Jets cannot clinch ANYTHING this week, no matter what Miami or New England do. The Jets have to beat Miami Week 17 in order to stand a chance of winning the division. Simply put:

Beat Seattle & Miami = Division Champs

Lose to Seattle & Beat Miami = You have hope

Beat Seattle & Lose to Miami = You have hope, for a Wildcard only

If we beat Seattle, but lose to Miami, we're at best 3rd in the division if NE wins against the Bills.. not much hope

At least one of the New England, or Miami will lose this weekend. I will predict an upset, and say New England will lose this weekend to the Arizona Cardinals, even though their team has already clinched. It's destined to be between New York, and Miami for first place, and to have another great game in the rivalry of the Jets, and Dolphins.

At least one of the New England, or Miami will lose this weekend. I will predict an upset, and say New England will lose this weekend to the Arizona Cardinals, even though their team has already clinched. It's destined to be between New York, and Miami for first place, and to have another great game in the rivalry of the Jets, and Dolphins.

If Penny beats us last game of the season in our building (I mean, the Giants building), I don't know if I will even be able to watch football all of next season. Seriously, that might be the most devastating season ending I've ever witnessed.

If Penny beats us last game of the season in our building (I mean, the Giants building), I don't know if I will even be able to watch football all of next season. Seriously, that might be the most devastating season ending I've ever witnessed.

+1

Mangini will have to be fired for me to invest in this team again..

Horrible, horrible loss and completely unnecessary..

It was written in the scriptures, my friend. All of it! Perfectly aligned. Pennington comes back to the meadowlands and sends us packing! It is our Noah's Ark, it will make the fake spike, the roughing call, the o'brien kicks look like preseason games.............We are a team of true mystique!!! (or can Brett Favre break the contract between Joe and The Devil?)hahahahaha you have to admit, it's comical. I defy Steven King to write this s$#t!

how's this? We're down by six with a minute to go, Ted Ginn beats Revis up the sidelines and penny throws a strike, TD! So many scenerios.............lol

Go Jets!!!!!

It was written in the scriptures, my friend. All of it! Perfectly aligned. Pennington comes back to the meadowlands and sends us packing! It is our Noah's Ark, it will make the fake spike, the roughing call, the o'brien kicks look like preseason games.............We are a team of true mystique!!! (or can Brett Favre break the contract between Joe and The Devil?)hahahahaha you have to admit, it's comical. I defy Steven King to write this s$#t!

how's this? We're down by six with a minute to go, Ted Ginn beats Revis up the sidelines and penny throws a strike, TD! So many scenerios.............lol

:rolleyes: You've got to be a lot of fun at home Mr. Doom and Gloom. I assume you won't even bother watching the Miami game since you already know the out come. :P

It'a unfortunate, but the Jets have to win out and they SHOULD win out. It's inexcusable if they don't.

The Jets could have clinched this week if they had beaten either the Raiders or Skins.

Of the teams with winning records, the Jets are the only team who has more loses against losing teams (3) than winning teams (2).

I know there's a lot of angst about the Miami game, mainly because losing at home to them would be inexcusable.

But I have to ask, when was the last time the Miami Dolphins won a big game?

Seriously. Can anyone think of any? We'd have to go back to the Jimmy Johnson era.

It'a unfortunate, but the Jets have to win out and they SHOULD win out. It's inexcusable if they don't.

The Jets could have clinched this week if they had beaten either the Raiders or Skins.

Of the teams with winning records, the Jets are the only team who has more loses against losing teams (3) than winning teams (2).

That is 100% on coaching, 100%

That means we are 4-3 against losing teams and 5-2 against winners, right? (counting first buffalo game as a winning team, and second buffalo game as a losing team)

The good news is that it bodes well for the playoffs, the bad news is that we may not get there.

Go Jets!!!!!

Actually, the scriptures say this:

The Jews (Jets) wandered the desert for 40 years (SBIII) before Moses (Favre) led them to the Promised Land (SB XLIII).

I have proof that Messiah Favre was born in a manger!:cheers:

Do you believe. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!

post-2777-12804639968886_thumb.jpg

Actually, the scriptures say this:

The Jews (Jets) wandered the desert for 40 years (SBIII) before Moses (Favre) led them to the Promised Land (SB XLIII).

I have proof that Messiah Favre was born in a manger!:cheers:

Do you believe. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!

You apparently live near in my area code. Which town? PM me, if you don't want to broadcast it.

That is 100% on coaching, 100%

That means we are 4-3 against losing teams and 5-2 against winners, right? (counting first buffalo game as a winning team, and second buffalo game as a losing team)

The good news is that it bodes well for the playoffs, the bad news is that we may not get there.

Crazy, right?

In his first 2 seasons, Mangini's Jets couldn't beat a winning team. Now that's all they do and be upended because of they're loses to losing teams.

Archived