Rod marinelli an option for DC

afosomf

In that note why not Marvin Lewis

Marv Lewis > Rod Marinelli

Do you think they would actually take a step back and work under a less experienced HC? Probably not. We can hope though.

Ryan probably would. He was basically announced as coming here in '06 and last offseason. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Mangini has more experience than Cable and Kiffen. Raiders to Jets certainly isn't a step back.

I know woody will not can EM...

is Rod M a candidate? he will be canned in 2 weeks

i know tampa 2 is 4-3

I hate our 3-4 anyway.

thoughts?

While extremely doubtful, I would never say never on Woody firing Eric.

Rod Marinelli will not be a candidate for the JETS DC position after getting fired. Has even ever been a coordinator before? I thought he was another position (D-line maybe) coach made head coach without coordinator experience.

I can't see us changing our defense again. Not after finally getting some players who actually fit the scheme. Still think Mangini wants Ryan from Oakland. That is the only reason Sutton returned as DC.

We need a change at DC next year I just don't think Marinelli is the man for the job.

As long as Eric Mangini remains the Head Coach of the New York Jets we are not going to run anything but a 34, no matter if it is failing to extreme levels. What we need is an aggressive 34 Defensive Coordinator, or just someone to remind Mangini that the best 34 defenses are the ones who bring pressure and blitz 5, 6, 7 men, mostly from the outside, not the freakin' inside.

The talent may be there, but I'm not sure the speed is.

The speed is there also, however they refuse to use them in their schemes. Or they'll blitz from the inside instead of bringing someone from the outside. Corner blitz and Safety blitz have worked for us this season, but Sutton refuses to call them up.

Since you guys aren't from Michigan, I'll be gentle about this thread...but here's the deal:

Marinelli fired Donnie Henderson for his son-in-law and they now lose by 20-30 points a game. Donnie wasn't great, but to fire him for your son-in-law is stupid. And anyone who demonstrates nepotism shouldn't be hired anywhere.

Marinelli's postgame conferences are a series of grunts, mumbling and whispered cliches like "It's on me, this is all on me.....we're just gonna work harder next time".

Marinelli was conceived via anal sex. (whew! good thing nobody reads my posts)

Marinelli's hire was endorsed by Matt Millen.

Marinelli has never criticized a Mat Millen personnel choice.

Bottom line, this would be bad.

Since you guys aren't from Michigan, I'll be gentle about this thread...but here's the deal:

Marinelli fired Donnie Henderson for his son-in-law and they now lose by 20-30 points a game. Donnie wasn't great, but to fire him for your son-in-law is stupid. And anyone who demonstrates nepotism shouldn't be hired anywhere.

Marinelli's postgame conferences are a series of grunts, mumbling and whispered cliches like "It's on me, this is all on me.....we're just gonna work harder next time".

lol.

maybe he would be a good fit here:D

he was well respected in TB...\

i know the matt millen association makes it look bad;)

BTW, if you're looking for aggression, Rob Ryan is NOT your guy.

He makes Sutton look like Jim Johnson!

That is because Al Davis controls the defense. The old man wants man-to-man/four man rush 90% of the time.

Once Rob escapes from Oakland, he will return to his father's roots.

That is because Al Davis controls the defense. The old man wants man-to-man/four man rush 90% of the time.

Once Rob escapes from Oakland, he will return to his father's roots.

No, Al LOVES Rob Ryan. That's one of the very many disfunctions in Oakland. Davis may be the master manipulator but don't believe for one second that he is doing anything that Rob Ryan isn't going along with. He's not like his father or his brother at all! He's came out and said it - He's simply a different coach with a different scheme.

While I expect we'll end up with Romeo/Ryan, I'd like to see us go the same route we did with Mangini/Schott i.e new blood rather than a retread. Pluck someone out of the Pittsburg system. Anyone know if their LB coach has DC aspirations?

Our HC and OC are inexperienced and it's pathetic. Our ST coach is a veteran and that's the one constantly effective component of our team. Why not get a guy that knows what he's doing? Crennel can take care of the defense. That is, unless Mangini is the true master puppeteer and it doesn't matter who is the DC, which is my take. Because Sutton would have been fired already if that wasn't the case imo.

Archived