Sources: BoSox close to getting Teixeira

NIGHT STALKER

C.C. Sabathia is probably better then any starting pitcher that Boston has, sure Beckett has the stats in the postseason, but Josh Beckett also has about the same injury problems that A.J. Burnett, maybe even worse.

Starts last 2 seasons:

Burnett 59

Beckett 57

any questions?

The only pitcher that comes close to the talent that C.C. Sabathia has is Jon Lester, and he has had one good year, the rest of his years weren't that good, so who knows he has as good a chance succeeding next season as failing.

:confused:

He is 24. He missed most of 2007 with cancer. He came up in 2006 and was a spot starter. He has to show last year was for real, but saying his other years were not that good is a bit of mis-information.

Just for the recrod, CC has about as many dominant AL seasons as Becket: 1. Beckett has had some injury issues like Burnett. His back injury this past season is the first one I would be concerned with.

LOL. Let's ignore the fact that he singlehandedly carried the Brewers to the playoffs and cherry pick 4 of his 5 playoff starts. Smart. I know those guys piss you off, but you're smarter than that. Come on. The fact that you called CC a "playoff choker" is beyond ridiculous.

He did carry the Brewers to the playoffs and then for the second year in a row. He got pounded. He is starting to look like A-Rod. Great regular season and bad post seasons.

How can you call CC a choker

He willed the Brewers to the playoffs

He's a stud, and a workhorse

A choker? Doubt it

Yes.

The last two years.

2007 vs NY Yankees 1-0 5 IP 5.40 ERA

2007 vs Boston 0-2 10.1 IP 10.45 ERA

2008 vs Philadelpgia 0-1 3.2 IP 12.27 ERA

See any issues?

Nice sample of innings pitched

At least you get to keep Lowell who i think is pretty damn good

That is CC in the playoffs the last two years.......you know when you earn your sick amounts of money. He has sucked.

:confused:

He is 24. He missed most of 2007 with cancer. He came up in 2006 and was a spot starter. He has to show last year was for real, but saying his other years were not that good is a bit of mis-information.

Just for the recrod, CC has about as many dominant AL seasons as Becket: 1. Beckett has had some injury issues like Burnett. His back injury this past season is the first one I would be concerned with.

He did carry the Brewers to the playoffs and then for the second year in a row. He got pounded. He is starting to look like A-Rod. Great regular season and bad post seasons.

Yes.

The last two years.

2007 vs NY Yankees 1-0 5 IP 5.40 ERA

2007 vs Boston 0-2 10.1 IP 10.45 ERA

2008 vs Philadelpgia 0-1 3.2 IP 12.27 ERA

See any issues?

FOUR ****ING STARTS. Seriously?

Oh, look, what do we have here? Seems like Josh Beckett sucks in the playoffs too.

2008 ALDS BOS LAA W 1 1 7.20 0 0 0 0 5 9 4 4 6

ALCS BOS TBR L 2 2 9.64 1 0 0 0 9.1 13 10 2 8

FOUR ****ING STARTS. Seriously?

Oh, look, what do we have here? Seems like Josh Beckett sucks in the playoffs too.

2008 ALDS BOS LAA W 1 1 7.20 0 0 0 0 5 9 4 4 6

ALCS BOS TBR L 2 2 9.64 1 0 0 0 9.1 13 10 2 8

Well, maybe if he did not suck, there would be a larger sampling size like some WS appearances in 2007 after he blew chunks twice against Beckett.

Just sayin'.

Well, maybe if he did not suck, there would be a larger sampling size like some WS appearances in 2007 after he blew chunks twice against Beckett.

Just sayin'.

You know what, you're right. For every pitcher that comes into the league I'm going to judge them on their first five starts. I'm going to judge every hitter on their first five at-bats. Every fielder on their first five fielding attempts. For every season I'm going to do the same. That's a really good way to determine how good a player really is.

You know what, you're right. For every pitcher that comes into the league I'm going to judge them on their first five starts. I'm going to judge every hitter on their first five at-bats. Every fielder on their first five fielding attempts. For every season I'm going to do the same. That's a really good way to determine how good a player really is.

Wait a second.

Skank fan is quick to jump all over Beckett's ERA this year in the playoffs despite his previous successful post season appearances.

CC has had one decent start in 5 post season starts.

You do the math.

Archived