To The Old Guys Here....

SoFlaJets

...like me....I was wondering if it's just me or do you guys and you know who you are the Borgo's, Afos', Kentucky Jet, BTJF, Joewillies, SJ, DNA, NS, and Southern Jet-do you guys find your patience and tolerance for this team is fading as the years go by? I am an IDIOT on Sundays when we are losing or worse, end up losing-hell, you should have seen me last week AND WE WON!

I can see a day in the not too distant future where I won't even be able to watch the Jets anymore. I mean I ruin it almost every Sunday for my wife and my poor 15 year old brand new Jets fan son by being a maniac. Forty years of this crap and I'm not sure how much more I should put myself (and my family) through....maybe I need a new Sunday afternoon hobby-any suggestions?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...like me....I was wondering if it's just me or do you guys and you know who you are the Borgo's, Afos', Kentucky Jet, BTJF, Joewillies, SJ, DNA, NS, and Southern Jet-do you guys find your patience and tolerance for this team is fading as the years go by? I am an IDIOT on Sundays when we are losing or worse, end up losing-hell, you should have seen me last week AND WE WON!

I can see a day in the not too distant future where I won't even be able to watch the Jets anymore. I mean I ruin it almost every Sunday for my wife and my poor 15 year old brand new Jets fan son by being a maniac. Forty years of this crap and I'm not sure how much more I should put myself (and my family) through....maybe I need a new Sunday afternoon hobby-any suggestions?

I'm with you..too many fights on sunday aft's

Jimmy: Regardless of what you say you will be a Jets fan until the day you die. You know it and everyone else knows it :D

lol.. what about the old gals ;)

every year around this time.. i get frustrated because it is never easy being a jets fan.. they never win by 20 during a big game, they come really close to losing ( and then most of the time they do.. ) they blow leads .. they dont make the playoffs and when they do.. it is one and done... and i spend most of janurary and february being depressed..

during this time..i wonder, as you do, if it is worth it... should i pick another team or should i just give up on football..

then march comes.. i watch march madness.. and i see complete underdogs win games they werent suppose to.. and my heart starts to leap a bit..

then april comes...hope springs eternal... and the GREEN grass starts to grow.. and the draft is here .. and i think.. hmmm.. wonder what are needs are...

soon it is training camp.. and i read every report.. i even go down to camp .. and i see those green and white unis... and i am hooked again..

THIS will be the year, i say.. the start.. i can feel it.. a fresh new start..

and so it goes..

it aint easy being green...

but over 30 years a fan.. and i will keep dreaming.. it is my drug of choice.. and i dont think i wam going to break this addiction.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

But we witnessed a SB winnah

you were just part of daddy's nutsack:D

I was 3 1/2 years old and have absolutely no memory of it.

Jetfan13 (Al) is the only guy on this board that I know of that was actually in the orange bowl that fateful day as a wily 13 year old. :)

lol.. what about the old gals ;)

every year around this time.. i get frustrated because it is never easy being a jets fan.. they never win by 20 during a big game, they come really close to losing ( and then most of the time they do.. ) they blow leads .. they dont make the playoffs and when they do.. it is one and done... and i spend most of janurary and february being depressed..

during this time..i wonder, as you do, if it is worth it... should i pick another team or should i just give up on football..

then march comes.. i watch march madness.. and i see complete underdogs win games they werent suppose to.. and my heart starts to leap a bit..

then april comes...hope springs eternal... and the GREEN grass starts to grow.. and the draft is here .. and i think.. hmmm.. wonder what are needs are...

soon it is training camp.. and i read every report.. i even go down to camp .. and i see those green and white unis... and i am hooked again..

THIS will be the year, i say.. the start.. i can feel it.. a fresh new start..

and so it goes..

it aint easy being green...

but over 30 years a fan.. and i will keep dreaming.. it is my drug of choice.. and i dont think i wam going to break this addiction.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

you are a young chiquita..you have plenty of time left:D

me my tickah is going...my addiction will always be there. ... It could be worse,,,could be a Lions fan:D

I can relate. Too many years of frustration. Too many years of "wait till next year", too many years of changing coaches. Besides time, money invested...the list goes on.

My wife constantly reminds me of destroying the lives of my daughter and son for making them Jet fans. Well, I didn't hold them down or anything like that, but they kind of grew into Jet fans because of me.

When you're a fan of this team for 44 years like me, you always wait for the other shoe to drop. If we don't get to the playoffs, the revolving door that has been consistant with me being a Jets fan starts again.

Honestly though, I take it better after disappointing losses than I did when I was younger though. Still get upset, but not nearly as much as I once did. I can't give anymore than I have...my youth as a Jets fan is over. I am in the twilight of my life and have basically succumbed to the idea that I'll die before the Jets win the big one.

I was 3 1/2 years old and have absolutely no memory of it.

Jetfan13 (Al) is the only guy on this board that I know of that was actually in the orange bowl that fateful day as a wily 13 year old. :)

I watched it live on TV, it was a glorious day!!!!!!!!

and in color too!

I dont get nearly as upset as I did when I was younger. Except after the 49er's game.

This team over the years has taken the life out of me. I watch most games like a zombie. Not too happy when their winning and not too sad when they lose. Like most fans my age (39), you know something bad is always around the corner with this team.

If they could ever just win the damn SB again, I would feel completely different.

Word. It has been like three years since we won. I can't stand this $hit. ;)

If the Sox can win, so can the Jets and you will feel like a little kid again. Whether Adam V's kick or Joe Buck's words as Foulke flips the ball to Miekewticz, I still feel giddy.

I too have been watching the JETS a very long time...became hooked when Joe Namath was the QB but after the Super Bowl victory. The past several years while frustrating have not been the worst. I remember back in the 95 when we went 3-13 under Kotite. At this time I was stationed in South Dakota away from fellow JETS fans who might have provided support. I told all my friends that its OK it cannot get any worse and then we proceed to go 1-15. After that Parcells came in and righted the ship then left and we have been playing the yo-yo game ever since. Rooting for the JETS has taught me many thing mostly about myself. When I think of think of the "same ole JETS" as some like to call it I try to think of the 1994 New York Rangers. When I think of them not not winning the Super Bowl in my lifetime I think about the fans of the 2004 Red Sox. But like greengal said in her post "hope spring eternal". I get excited immediately after the Super Bowl and start analyzing what college players can best help our team. Love the NFL draft. Watching how teams are put together has been a good remedy for a tired fan's soul. Training camp starts I start to feel the energy and look forward to the season with hopeful optimism and try to keep the optimism until the season is over. Let go each loss and enjoy each victory no matter how it comes and savor the fact we will hoist that elusive Lombardi Trophy sooner than we think.

Word. It has been like three years since we won. I can't stand this $hit. ;)

If the Sox can win, so can the Jets and you will feel like a little kid again. Whether Adam V's kick or Joe Buck's words as Foulke flips the ball to Miekewticz, I still feel giddy.

Now you're really trolling. :drama::sick0017:

I can relate. Too many years of frustration. Too many years of "wait till next year", too many years of changing coaches. Besides time, money invested...the list goes on.

My wife constantly reminds me of destroying the lives of my daughter and son for making them Jet fans. Well, I didn't hold them down or anything like that, but they kind of grew into Jet fans because of me.

When you're a fan of this team for 44 years like me, you always wait for the other shoe to drop. If we don't get to the playoffs, the revolving door that has been consistant with me being a Jets fan starts again.

Honestly though, I take it better after disappointing losses than I did when I was younger though. Still get upset, but not nearly as much as I once did. I can't give anymore than I have...my youth as a Jets fan is over. I am in the twilight of my life and have basically succumbed to the idea that I'll die before the Jets win the big one.

I'm with you on that.

I love the Pats more than any other team in America but the team I live and die by plays in the Australian Football League (AFL). They are called the St. Kilda Football Club and have been playing since 1873.

They have won it all once and that happened in 1966. 6 years before I was born. They have finished last 27 times.

http://saints.com.au/History/AHistoryoftheSaints/tabid/13686/default.aspx

I'm not in the twilight of my life but my kids are diehard Saints supporters and I feel bad for making them go down that road.

Sports are odd aren't they?

I am with you guys...At this point I start to look at all of the money and time spent on this team and the frustration hits all time highs. But for whatever reason have become calmer over the years minus the Giant game last year and the 49er game this year. It sucks to expect bad things to come but 99% of the time they usually do. Not sure what if anything will make that change, hell Parcells and his all star cast could not even accomplish it.

I am with you guys...At this point I start to look at all of the money and time spent on this team and the frustration hits all time highs. But for whatever reason have become calmer over the years minus the Giant game last year and the 49er game this year. It sucks to expect bad things to come but 99% of the time they usually do. Not sure what if anything will make that change, hell Parcells and his all star cast could not even accomplish it.

we had hope under Tuna..though!!

we had that denver game

Now we have had sh1t for a CS... Herm followed by pizza face

we had hope under Tuna..though!!

I had hope in Super Bowl XXXI (I was there) but the Tuna F'd me over by talking with the Jets about being their HC in the week leading up to that game.

If Parcells gave a crap the Pats would have won that game and Lord Favre wouldn't have a Super Bowl ring.

Can you tell I'm bitter?

I'm with you on that.

I love the Pats more than any other team in America but the team I live and die by plays in the Australian Football League (AFL). They are called the St. Kilda Football Club and have been playing since 1873.

They have won it all once and that happened in 1966. 6 years before I was born. They have finished last 27 times.

http://saints.com.au/History/AHistoryoftheSaints/tabid/13686/default.aspx

I'm not in the twilight of my life but my kids are diehard Saints supporters and I feel bad for making them go down that road.

Sports are odd aren't they?

They can also be cruel to die hard fans.

...like me....I was wondering if it's just me or do you guys and you know who you are the Borgo's, Afos', Kentucky Jet, BTJF, Joewillies, SJ, DNA, NS, and Southern Jet

I usually don't like being left off of exclusive lists - but thanks Jimmy for leaving me off this one. So yeah ... what do all you old fk'rs think?

I usually don't like being left off of exclusive lists - but thanks Jimmy for leaving me off this one. So yeah ... what do all you old fk'rs think?

I just assumed NJohn since you hardly ever even post on this side of the board anymore for the last few years....I already knew what the answer was gonna be...Bob too. I just hate it that I am ruining it for my wife and son, (by being an idiot/maniac on Sundays) who are fairly new to the game. I was in the 8th grade the last time this team won...well at least the Yankees didn't do me like that...we had our glory there and the Knicks too even-when basketball was a watchable sport

BoyntonBeach, DM, Jetswin and Senior also qualify-I guess it's anybody who was "of age" shall we say to have seen the SB either live (Al 1-3) or on TV or were in a jungle and SHOULD have seen it (NS).

I figure on some distant future day when you're all flying around on jet packs and having robots serve your Super Bowl snacks my wife and son will visit my gravesite and drop a Jets pennant on my head-like BZ said maybe 35 years from now...that's it in 2044 NY Jets are finally WORLD CHAMPS....again

Archived