To The Old Guys Here....

SoFlaJets

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And no cell phones...I don't even know how we got this far. And OMG, I almost forgot...the Internet! Damn, thank god for Al somebody that invented it.

I'm 36 and grew up in Australia. We had 5 TV channels and I listened to my team on the radio (it was an AM station!) so I know what you guys are talking about. I was just kidding around.

It didn't come until 2004 for me. I was always optimistic and after the Doug Brien I had had enough and became the negative ****, for the most part, that I am today. I've been watching now for 14+ seasons and the pain is there big time, I can't imagine how it feels for those who have been watching since the 70's. That being said, fans who saw this team win once are lucky and shouldn't be complaining, they've seen it. NIGHT STALKER didn't get to see the Super Bowl game even though he was alive, so he doesn't count. :P

I'm 36 and grew up in Australia. We had 5 TV channels and I listened to my team on the radio (it was an AM station!) so I know what you guys are talking about. I was just kidding around.

I know you were...so was I. Damn, I hate posting sometimes because it doesn't always reflect what the poster is really thinking. Maybe I should use smilies more often...:D

I know you were...so was I. Damn, I hate posting sometimes because it doesn't always reflect what the poster is really thinking. Maybe I should use smilies more often...:D

Hey Mr. Eastwood,

Yes smilies are what you need. :-P

Your smiles would be much better if you didn't have that god awful Yankees thing in your sig ;)

...like me....I was wondering if it's just me or do you guys and you know who you are the Borgo's, Afos', Kentucky Jet, BTJF, Joewillies, SJ, DNA, NS, and Southern Jet-do you guys find your patience and tolerance for this team is fading as the years go by? I am an IDIOT on Sundays when we are losing or worse, end up losing-hell, you should have seen me last week AND WE WON!

I can see a day in the not too distant future where I won't even be able to watch the Jets anymore. I mean I ruin it almost every Sunday for my wife and my poor 15 year old brand new Jets fan son by being a maniac. Forty years of this crap and I'm not sure how much more I should put myself (and my family) through....maybe I need a new Sunday afternoon hobby-any suggestions?

have you tried whittling ?

I feel your pain bro

my earliest jets memory is the mud bowl

I should have gotten the message :bag:

yes, the wins the a jets fan can really enjoy are few and far between these days. Even with a lead, they go into a shell in the 4th quarter and play "hang on for dear life", which drives me ****ing crazy

have you tried whittling ?

I feel your pain bro

my earliest jets memory is the mud bowl

I should have gotten the message :bag:

yes, the wins the a jets fan can really enjoy are few and far between these days. Even with a lead, they go into a shell in the 4th quarter and play "hang on for dear life", which drives me ****ing crazy

ahh the Mud Bowl-the last time I ever made or will ever make chili for a Jets game...it's STILL repeating on me 25 years later...

I was 3 1/2 years old and have absolutely no memory of it.

Jetfan13 (Al) is the only guy on this board that I know of that was actually in the orange bowl that fateful day as a wily 13 year old. :)

A lot of people say you have no memory of yesterday...LOL

Been watching the Jets/Titans since 1960..(damn that's old)..

So, I grew up in the South Bronx where you were lucky if your tv was still there the next day...(just kidding) about the tv.

Sorry I missed your thread, SFJ. I have not had too much access to the computer today as my wife is working from home because of the f**king snow. I will be 52 in January, and can definitely empathize with your frustration and anguish regarding the Jets and their--seemingly--annual collapse or choke. I always said that whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, the Jets are my team and I'll watch them every week. As the years go by, however, it is getting much more difficult. So far this year, I sat in a darkened closet because I could not watch Feely's kick against the Pats, and have done so much screaming, cursing and throwing of things in my family room that my wife will no longer watch with me.

Okay, we belong in this category since I'm probably the oldest female on the board. My husband from upstate NY started watching the Jets in 1965 when TV began broadcasting the games. I started a little later because my brothers were Giants fans and we lived in CT. My cousins in the same town were Jets/Mets fans. The only game I ever saw in person was a preseason Jets-Giants game in the Yale Bowl around '72 or '73.

This team has given me so many headaches. Being in Texas, we now watch mostly online but I still scream at the TV. I try to be calm but the Jets can be so aggravating.

The Denver game online was streamed only from Denmark so the commentary was in Danish. Better than listening to Rich Gannon and some of the other yo-yo's.

Sorry I missed your thread, SFJ. I have not had too much access to the computer today as my wife is working from home because of the f**king snow. I will be 52 in January, and can definitely empathize with your frustration and anguish regarding the Jets and their--seemingly--annual collapse or choke. I always said that whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, the Jets are my team and I'll watch them every week. As the years go by, however, it is getting much more difficult. So far this year, I sat in a darkened closet because I could not watch Feely's kick against the Pats, and have done so much screaming, cursing and throwing of things in my family room that my wife will no longer watch with me.

I was talking about it with my cousin Anthony up in Jersey a little while ago about how I hate myself for ruining Sundays and how in the 70's I would have to stop watching them and do something else on Sunday afternoons because I would chew my nail and cuticles and all my hard earned callouses down to a bloody mess.

I've been thing of writing a new song BG to be titled (tentatively) I Wish I Wasn't Such An ******* (all the time) it could almost write itself although my wife volunteered to help.

I adjusted the Gibson, brought down the action-schweeeetttt

Okay, we belong in this category since I'm probably the oldest female on the board. My husband from upstate NY started watching the Jets in 1965 when TV began broadcasting the games. I started a little later because my brothers were Giants fans and we lived in CT. My cousins in the same town were Jets/Mets fans. The only game I ever saw in person was a preseason Jets-Giants game in the Yale Bowl around '72 or '73.

This team has given me so many headaches. Being in Texas, we now watch mostly online but I still scream at the TV. I try to be calm but the Jets can be so aggravating.

The Denver game online was streamed only from Denmark so the commentary was in Danish. Better than listening to Rich Gannon and some of the other yo-yo's.

great game Mike Battle returned a kick to win the game-I listened on the radio-those Jets Giants games were a big deal back then LS

For those of you who are old enough to remember the Jets Super Bowl, STFU!!!!!!! (I realize there is a select few).;)

It must have been amazing to see Namath in his prime and the buzz around the team. Witnessing an athlete like no other and being a part of his history must have been awesome. My father talks about it like religious freaks talk of the bible.

Its the guys that just missed it are the ones I feel bad for. The guys born in the late 60's or 70's. We have yet to experience anything close to an athlete or team of that calibur.

My first season as a Jets fan that I can remember was 1986. It was the year I got into sports and actually could recall some memories. I can remember crying while Mookie Wilson was at bat and then...not a been very good since.

My first, well 2 memories of the Jets were... ...

Growing up I really liked Little Joe Morris and LT. Early in the season I tried to root for the Giants on TV one day. My brother who was watching it with me proceeded to smack me in the face and tell me that "this family is Jets fans". So instead Ken O'Brien and Joe Kleck became my favorite Football players.

The other memory was the Gastineau late hit. I had never seen my father so pissed. My father used to be good friends with the head of player personel at the time and used to get us on to the practice field from time to time. Gastineau was an absolute prick. Klecko was awesome and arm wrestled my brother for an ice cream cone. And I just remember thinking Kenny O was the coolest thing ever when he threw the Football.

That season was so exciting and produced some favorite childhood memories. It ended in utter disaster and set the tone for my life long love of the Jets.

Man i sincerely hope you guys get to celebrate a SB title some day soon.

I can honestly tell ya's it is an experience and great memory that lasts forever. Hell i still get excited over my team's 2005 SB run. Once in a while i'll watch the DVD's of the playoff run or read my SI articles i have saved and enjoy it to the fullest like it was just yesterday. Probably the funnest part for me was the week leading up to the SB (except for Joey Porter running his mouth!), it got old having to try and defend that guy. ;)

Oh and before anyone say's it.... I also enjoyed the SB despite my QB having an off day and the accusations of cheating.... It's the F'n SB man, what a rushhhhhhhh! ;)

But just the feeling of knowing we were IN the SB and had a remarkable run was worth every minute of aggrivation i ever got from watching losses. It's hard to explain the sheer joy and euphoria of your team winning it all. Hopefully you guys get yours before too long.

I totally fear the lower seeds this year. We've ALL seen that ANY team can go on a little streak once they get in. I'm tellin' you guys, ya can't count ANY playoff team out!

I was talking about it with my cousin Anthony up in Jersey a little while ago about how I hate myself for ruining Sundays and how in the 70's I would have to stop watching them and do something else on Sunday afternoons because I would chew my nail and cuticles and all my hard earned callouses down to a bloody mess.

I've been thing of writing a new song BG to be titled (tentatively) I Wish I Wasn't Such An ******* (all the time) it could almost write itself although my wife volunteered to help.

I adjusted the Gibson, brought down the action-schweeeetttt[/QUOTE]

How much sweeter could that beauty possibly get? Can't wait to hear the new tune.

...like me....I was wondering if it's just me or do you guys and you know who you are the Borgo's, Afos', Kentucky Jet, BTJF, Joewillies, SJ, DNA, NS, and Southern Jet-do you guys find your patience and tolerance for this team is fading as the years go by? I am an IDIOT on Sundays when we are losing or worse, end up losing-hell, you should have seen me last week AND WE WON!

I can see a day in the not too distant future where I won't even be able to watch the Jets anymore. I mean I ruin it almost every Sunday for my wife and my poor 15 year old brand new Jets fan son by being a maniac. Forty years of this crap and I'm not sure how much more I should put myself (and my family) through....maybe I need a new Sunday afternoon hobby-any suggestions?

I tell my wife after almost every game this season that I can't do it anymore, but every weekend I'm right back at the tv rooting for the jets and then cursing mangini or some other player that doesn't give 110 percent.

For those of you who are old enough to remember the Jets Super Bowl, STFU!!!!!!! (I realize there is a select few).;)

It must have been amazing to see Namath in his prime and the buzz around the team. Witnessing an athlete like no other and being a part of his history must have been awesome. My father talks about it like religious freaks talk of the bible.

Its the guys that just missed it are the ones I feel bad for. The guys born in the late 60's or 70's. We have yet to experience anything close to an athlete or team of that calibur.

My first season as a Jets fan that I can remember was 1986. It was the year I got into sports and actually could recall some memories. I can remember crying while Mookie Wilson was at bat and then...not a been very good since.

My first, well 2 memories of the Jets were... ...

Growing up I really liked Little Joe Morris and LT. Early in the season I tried to root for the Giants on TV one day. My brother who was watching it with me proceeded to smack me in the face and tell me that "this family is Jets fans". So instead Ken O'Brien and Joe Kleck became my favorite Football players.

The other memory was the Gastineau late hit. I had never seen my father so pissed. My father used to be good friends with the head of player personel at the time and used to get us on to the practice field from time to time. Gastineau was an absolute prick. Klecko was awesome and arm wrestled my brother for an ice cream cone. And I just remember thinking Kenny O was the coolest thing ever when he threw the Football.

That season was so exciting and produced some favorite childhood memories. It ended in utter disaster and set the tone for my life long love of the Jets.

It was awesome and IMO will never be equaled because of the history involved and the future it foretold

well I kept my cool but lost my faith in this team because of the inept owner-this is a season that was handed to us on a silver platter with Brady going down and we choked worse than the 86 team ever did-this 2008 team was the biggest choke job in our history

well I kept my cool but lost my faith in this team because of the inept owner-this is a season that was handed to us on a silver platter with Brady going down and we choked worse than the 86 team ever did-this 2008 team was the biggest choke job in our history

Worse, after 2 big road wins, this team was set up to knock down 3 inferior teams and march into the playoffs. Instead they totally shat the bed.

Worse, after 2 big road wins, this team was set up to knock down 3 inferior teams and march into the playoffs. Instead they totally shat the bed.

hey Bugg this team wasn't going anywhere anyway and we all knew it 3 weeks ago-I want a real head coach and not another experiment-we've had 8 years of experimentation and look what it's gotten us

You win in the NFL running to football.

The Jets have a good OL and a pair of good backs in Jones and Washington.

If the Jets don't make a BIG run at Cowher next year I am going to be really annoyed.

This season has gone up in Flames just like 93 and 94 with Coslet and Carrol

Archived