Breaking Down the Jets vs the Seahawks

jason423

A win is a win is a win, and someone upstairs really must like the Jets for them to get that win last week. The Jets were a team pressing these last two weeks and maybe now that they have that monkey off their back they can get back to playing good football again. With only two games left in the season there is very little margin for error as the Jets head back into the nightmare known as the West Coast for a game against the 3-11, but always game, Seattle Seahawks.

Jets Defense vs. Seahawks Offense

It has simply been a horrible season for Seattle on offense. From day 1 the offense was decimated with injuries and the injuries have continued to plague them all year. First it was the wide receivers. Then the quarterback. Then the offensive line. Then the quarterback again. When you deal with shuffling so many players in and out of the lineup like that you will never find any continuity or flow on offense and that is where the Seahawks offense, ranked 28th in yards and 25th in points scored, has found itself this season. Seneca Wallace will get the start at QB and be expected to try to pick apart the Jets secondary. Wallace has been very up and down this season, but has played pretty well these last two weeks and had his team in a position to beat both New England and St. Louis. Wallace is an athletic player that has been able to buy himself some time in the pocket by running around escaping from the pass rush. He has a decent arm and has done his best to play mistake free football this year, only throwing one interception this season. Wallace is at his worst when under pressure. His height makes it hard for him to see and throw over the rush and it is no surprise that his games against the Eagles, Buccaneers, and Dolphins were his worst of the year. Even the Rams last week completely shut him down for one half when they knocked him around so badly for 30 minutes that he was seen yelling at his teammates on the offensive line to do a better job. The offensive line has been a disaster for Seattle. LT Walter Jones was lost for the season and now they may have lost their backup Sean Locklear as well. He will be a game time decision. It is a line filled with players playing out of position and giving the team very little productivity. It is imperative for Seattle to get their running game going and they will likely give the majority of carries to Maurice Morris as their head coach likes to play the

I'm convinced the Jets are going to lose this game. I've played it over in my head and I can't see any scenario in which they win.

I'm not expecting anything at all. This is my method of trying to ease the disappointment.

You can't see any scenario?

It's called we ****ing run all over them, control the clock and get a few turnovers from a ****ty Seneca Wallace.

24-14, Jets

You can't see any scenario?

It's called we ****ing run all over them, control the clock and get a few turnovers from a ****ty Seneca Wallace.

24-14, Jets

Nope, wont happen.

I say we run all over them, but attempt to do so only eleven times. Yes, Schotty knew Seattle would be preparing for the run and thus - UNLEASH THE BRETT...

....5 INT's later and Seattle are pretty much cruising.

Jets 31 Hawks 27.

Hawks are tough, they seem to make life difficult for a lot of teams but can't seal the deal.

I actually want the Jets to win this one, I want to see a Jets Dolphins showdown without the Pats having an opportunity to leap frog into the playoffs.

image.php?u=3659&dateline=1229656951

LOL. What a sucker you're going to feel like in the not too distant future for making that purchase.

Many of us know from experience.

Jets 31 Hawks 27.

Hawks are tough, they seem to make life difficult for a lot of teams but can't seal the deal.

I actually want the Jets to win this one, I want to see a Jets Dolphins showdown without the Pats having an opportunity to leap frog into the playoffs.

Dude, is that a Replithentic or an Authentic Pennington? I hope its just a Replithentic but it looks Authentic. Certainly isn't a screen printed Replica.

You guys don't think this "we can't win on the west coast" thing finally gets to the players?

I've never played professional sports or anything but it seems like something that would get under the player's skin and they should come playing lights out.

You'd think it would have happened vs San Fran.

No?

image.php?u=3659&dateline=1229656951

LOL. What a sucker you're going to feel like in the not too distant future for making that purchase.

Many of us know from experience.

I doubt it. I'm already satisfied with what he's done for us. Doesn't take much to please a fin fan with the carousel of Qbs we've had in here over the last 10 years.

By the way, that'd be a nifty avy -- without the "Ghey."

Dude, is that a Replithentic or an Authentic Pennington? I hope its just a Replithentic but it looks Authentic. Certainly isn't a screen printed Replica.

It was labeled authentic but maybe replithentic, considering I got it for a helluva bargain off ebay $65.00. It looks nice anyhow.

The thing that scares me most in this game in Seneca Wallace's ability to scramble. If Matt Cassell picked up a few key first downs with long runs, I'm thinking every time there's a 3rd and long we'll see wallace take off and keep drives going.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see TJ Duckett get some carries this Sunday as bad as the Jets tackling has been lately.

I'm convinced the Jets are going to lose this game. I've played it over in my head and I can't see any scenario in which they win.

I'm not expecting anything at all. This is my method of trying to ease the disappointment.

you are 18 and trying to ease your disappointment already? You have a lot to learn.

If you see them losing this game, will you also be disappointed when we win?

you are 18 and trying to ease your disappointment already? You have a lot to learn.

If you see them losing this game, will you also be disappointed when we win?

No I'll be ecstatic, I just won't be prepared.:D

I'm kidding mostly, I think we can beat the Seahawks, I still find it hard to trust this team though.

No I'll be ecstatic, I just won't be prepared.:D

I'm kidding mostly, I think we can beat the Seahawks, I still find it hard to trust this team though.

I know, but in 2 months when there is no football at all to watch, I will think back to this season and be thankfull for the opportunity to just watch the Jets, win or lose.

I know, but in 2 months when there is no football at all to watch, I will think back to this season and be thankfull for the opportunity to just watch the Jets, win or lose.

Good point.

Anyways, the Jets suck when I'm optimistic so I'll have to contain myself regardless of what happens.

Hit the nail right on the head Jets will lose if close but if they win it will be by double digits. The Jets need to come out and show some urgency, unfortunately that would have been last week against Buffalo.

Their problem isn't starting out slowly. They have jumped to big leads often only to see it fade in the 2nd half. Games in point: last week against Buffalo, the HUGE lead against the patsies*, even week #1 against the Dol-fags. We need to keep the pressure on the opposing offenses to make them need some urgency and hopefully they will make some mistakes in the process

Their problem isn't starting out slowly. They have jumped to big leads often only to see it fade in the 2nd half. Games in point: last week against Buffalo, the HUGE lead against the patsies*, even week #1 against the Dol-fags. We need to keep the pressure on the opposing offenses to make them need some urgency and hopefully they will make some mistakes in the process

Yes true against Buffalo the offense did come out quickly cannot say the same for the defense though. In the second which seems to be a trend is the other team is making half time adjustments and the Jets are not. Who is to blame? The buck stops here with the coaching staff.

I personally have a feeling were gonna win big and dominate, idk why, but I just feel like its gonna happen. and of course im going to florida so i cant watch it because im traveling sunday, and then i cant go to the dolphins game because im coming home that day. looks like ill be watching the 2 biggest games on gamecenter

Hopefully Mangini and Schotty will concentrate on running the football. I dont care what the article at the beginning of the thread says the Hawks run D sucks. Run the ball. This will limit the probability and potential damage from turnovers which I think is the only way Seatle can beat us.

I think the Jets win easy if the following occur:

TJones -- 25+ carries

L. Washington -- 5-8 carries. He should get at least 10 total touches on offense.

Good write up jason...

What role do you think the bad weather plays? We should have an advantage running the ball on both sides of the ball.

Imo, if the weather's bad this thing is going to come down to our Redzone %. We'll move the ball, but if we come away with FG's instead of TD's look out..

The thing that scares me most in this game in Seneca Wallace's ability to scramble. If Matt Cassell picked up a few key first downs with long runs, I'm thinking every time there's a 3rd and long we'll see wallace take off and keep drives going.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see TJ Duckett get some carries this Sunday as bad as the Jets tackling has been lately.

I agree completely with this. Wallace is a very fast QB (They used to use him as a WR) and our defense sucks against scrambling QB's. I really woyuldn't be surprised to see him having a career day, mixing it up with his running ability. This Jets defense has enough problems stopping teams passing without adding a new ****ing dimension to the mix.

If we're to win this game, our run defense needs to pick itself up and play like they were playing in the earlier weeks of the season. If they can run on us, look for Seattle to start utilizing play action and picking us apart, in the same way Shaun Hill and the '9ers did.

This is crunch time, it's time for the players to step up and make plays against a team with nothing to play for.

If the weather is as bad as it looks to be - I'm afraid of Wallace racking up over a hundo and some scores. We consistantly leave a gap over the middle so a QB "draw" after he runs down his receiver options is alway good for 10 to 15. With Wallace's ability to run we could get hurt by that today.

I agree completely with this. Wallace is a very fast QB (They used to use him as a WR) and our defense sucks against scrambling QB's. I really woyuldn't be surprised to see him having a career day, mixing it up with his running ability. This Jets defense has enough problems stopping teams passing without adding a new ****ing dimension to the mix.

If we're to win this game, our run defense needs to pick itself up and play like they were playing in the earlier weeks of the season. If they can run on us, look for Seattle to start utilizing play action and picking us apart, in the same way Shaun Hill and the '9ers did.

This is crunch time, it's time for the players to step up and make plays against a team with nothing to play for.

keep in mind, Seattle is 3-11, Wallace is the QB because of injuries, they have 5 new starters on the O-Line again due to injuries. Their wr's are all hurt.

You guys are making them sound like a play-off team...THEY SUCK. if the Jets do like Manginii said, JUST DO YOUR JOB..we win this game. If we keep in our slots, Wallace can't run. Kris Jenkins should have a better game due to the weather, heshouldn't tire as quickly.

I understand all of you hoping for the best but not dis-counting the worst. STOP IT RIGHT NOW!. You want play-offs? They are here now..stop moaning and whining and back this team TODAY...WE WILL WIN

rah rah, shish boom bah:cheergal:

Good write up jason...

What role do you think the bad weather plays? We should have an advantage running the ball on both sides of the ball.

Imo, if the weather's bad this thing is going to come down to our Redzone %. We'll move the ball, but if we come away with FG's instead of TD's look out..

I think the weather could help in some areas and hurt in some others. We have a few guys that are battle tested in this kind of weather. Favre, Faneca and Jones all know about playing in this type of weather and all excel in it. You could probably throw Ellis into that mix too. Of course other than Jones everyone packed it in the last time they saw bad weather, but even Favre said he just couldnt handle the freezing rain and snow would have been no issue. Certainly our running offense and short passing game should all be significantly better than the Seahawks. The weather should neutralize those few scramble/bomb type plays that Wallace has used this year and that we give up when we drop our usual 8 into coverage. Seattle certainly could not handle the elements in Green Bay last year.

Negatively I think it might really hurt our special teams. I think this will not help Washington at all and I have worries about Feely in this weather. I know it was a long time ago but that day in Seattle when he was on the Giants has to still be in his mind. I would guess he has been back there since that time, but I would trust Seattles kicker in the 40-49 range more than Feely in this weather.

What really scares me, though, is our terrible tackling. This is not the kind of weather where you arm tackle and hope to bring a guy down. This isnt the kind of weather where secondary guys are going to be able to stop, plant, and change directions when Barton, Thomas, Elam, etc...all slip off a runners pads. It could lead to players who should not do too much break off a few big gains.

Archived