Does anyone else think that we played better than people make it sound?

Jetkid94

against buffalo I feel we played better than a lot of people think. we were up 14-3 and driving down the field and poslunsy got the luckiest INT he will ever get, and they scored on that drive with great field position. favre missed one key conversion to an open keller, and missed an open TD to keller which wouldve put the game away. our offense was great in half1 and our defense played better than people think. we didnt give up many passing yards, we got 3 turnovers, we got 2 or 3 sacks. yeah we gave up a lot of rushing yards but that happens. I just feel like buffalo got a lot of breaks and they paid off, but overall I still think we outplayed them, and we made all of the big plays. all because we didnt blow a bad team out doesent mean were in trouble. its rare when division games are blowouts anyway. saying the jets got lucky is like saying the colts got lucky that garrard threw a pick 6 to0 lose the game last night even with the colts making big plays.

we all have to relax and expect this team to go the playoffs, and turn some heads.

did you watch the same game i did? we stunk, we couldn't even wrap up and tackle. we had an impressive first two series, other than that we did nothing spectacular until dick jauron said here you go make a play luckily we did. the jets want to win out and win the division we need to see the urgency and play when we were riding high (literally for some of them) on our 5 game win streak, but my feelings will remain the same on the playoffs till the day i die whether some agree or not, even if we get in at a #3 or #6 seed whats the use if we end up going one and done?

this team is MORE then capable of making a serious run to tampa in february, but the time to turn the switch back on and keeping it on is running real thin.

I think when people say "same ole Jets" they mean that we let momentum effect us too much. We were unstoppable before that damn int. Then the bills get all high and mighty and we deflate like a bunch of school yard kids (except Leon of course). So on that front I agree with you, the play calling was great, the execution was great,a nd then we hit the Bitch wall. Hopefully that lucky type play we ended winning the game on is a sign to come. Those plays dont go our way usually, so we shall see. Also, hopefully it is Favre thats kinda chagning the culture around our facitlity. Whatever it is, as I wrote the other day, we as fans need to change how we think. None of us is going to commit sucicide (I hope) if the Jets were to lose this thing, so lets be positive and have fun..cause there aint not too much more fun to be had than watching a Jets game...Titans game is exhibit A, best game I ever watched us play.

The Jets have been horrible the past 3 weeks, including last week. "Mangenius" needs to grow a pair. We are in a prevent defense from opening kickoff now! NO MORE 3 MAN RUSHES!

But again this week we will see Seneca Walace look like the second coming of Steve Young, with 3 minutes to stand in the pocket.

I agree with OP. They put up 31 points and won, they couldn't possibly be playing as bad as people say they are. This is the NFL there is no such thing as an easy win, especially against a team that hasn't lost in our house since 2005!

The defense played like **** but bailed themselves out... the offense was good in the 1st half but most people only remember the last couple drives when judging them...

So I guess I can see the point... but if we are going to start saying they played good... no way...

The trouble with the last game, Jetkid, is that we clearly were beaten by Buffalo until luck came our way.

We all know what a beaten team looks like at the end of the game-the winning team simply hands off to their running back and he grinds out yardage and first downs. Everytime you need a stop-bingo!-they come up with the play to get the first down.

That's what we were reduced to. Then the big play came up, and I give all the credit to Abram and Ellis for making it, but it was still luck on our side that the Bills gave us the opportunity to make that play. Without that luck, we lose-we weren't going to stop Buffalo from running out the clock.

Really good teams take advantage of their opportunities, play their best when the moment of decision comes. We've had three opportunities to put distance between ourselves and our rivals the last 3 games and we blew two of them-and the third we needed a big break at the end.

By all means, I'll take the win. But we aren't coming on strong the way most champs tend to do. That's what makes everyone less-than-optimistic about the playoffs.

The trouble with the last game, Jetkid, is that we clearly were beaten by Buffalo until luck came our way.

We all know what a beaten team looks like at the end of the game-the winning team simply hands off to their running back and he grinds out yardage and first downs. Everytime you need a stop-bingo!-they come up with the play to get the first down.

That's what we were reduced to. Then the big play came up, and I give all the credit to Abram and Ellis for making it, but it was still luck on our side that the Bills gave us the opportunity to make that play. Without that luck, we lose-we weren't going to stop Buffalo from running out the clock.

Really good teams take advantage of their opportunities, play their best when the moment of decision comes. We've had three opportunities to put distance between ourselves and our rivals the last 3 games and we blew two of them-and the third we needed a big break at the end.

By all means, I'll take the win. But we aren't coming on strong the way most champs tend to do. That's what makes everyone less-than-optimistic about the playoffs.

isn't that exactly what they did?

The defense played like **** but bailed themselves out... the offense was good in the 1st half but most people only remember the last couple drives when judging them...

So I guess I can see the point... but if we are going to start saying they played good... no way...

look at your post

they played like s--t and bailed themselves out

er go they did not really play like s--t. if they didn't bail themselves out we'd have a legit complaint.

my question is what are the expectations? do we expect the defense to give up 0 yards? 0 points?

I can't answer that question but if they win more then they lose im happy.

isn't that exactly what they did?

In a sense, yes. A game changing play is a game changing play wherever it happens in the game.

But I sure didn't like that beaten look the Jets had just before that play. Marshawn Lynch was just rolling over them and the Jets couldn't do anything to stop him. That is what has me worried.

I have hope that even though they played poorly for much of the game, making that big play when they needed it most will put the Jets back on the right track.

To the thread title question, "yes" the Jets have played better than they have been given credit for. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have played better than they have, but they're still unfairly criticized overall IMO.

The Jets should go 11-5. That's 6-2 at home and 5-3 on the road. That's a damn good record because it shows the Jets can win anywhere.

But the key is over the next 2. The Jets should win those. With this talent and this schedule, anything less than 11-5 is a failure.

IMO the critique from this team comes from the fact that the talent level is seen as pretty good. So people EXPECT this team to put together good games, but it seems we fall flat on our faces, and hard.

Think of our losses:

Vs. Pats (Cassels first NFL game/1st game since high school)

Vs. Raiders (yea)

Vs. Chargers (I can accept this one, they can catch fire at any time)

Vs. Broncos (same as above)

Vs. 49ers (morbid nfc west team, we should've dominated)

Outside of that I have only seen 1 game where we won where I think we should've lost. I think more then anything people, including myself, questions the "character" of this team.

and nobody in the media is talking about magini's 2 best calls. the timeout with the half running down after 2 big pass plays which i didnt like that timeout because of momentum, but the play after leon runs a TD. then with 6 seconds before the 2 min warning mangini couldve saved his timeouts for the last 2 mins but he calls a timeout and it forces buffalo to think which resulted in the throw. those timeouts were manginis smartest calls.

and nobody in the media is talking about magini's 2 best calls. the timeout with the half running down after 2 big pass plays which i didnt like that timeout because of momentum, but the play after leon runs a TD. then with 6 seconds before the 2 min warning mangini couldve saved his timeouts for the last 2 mins but he calls a timeout and it forces buffalo to think which resulted in the throw. those timeouts were manginis smartest calls.

How about his 3 straight runs, punt, and giving it back to Buffalo with time on the clock?

and for the people who complain about "luck" wins, how about raiders. only 1 kicker can get a 58 yarder in OT and we faced him. broncos got a lucky fumble call on us. 49ers got a lucky non exixtent holding call on lepns run back which wouldve given us the lead.

every team gets breaks, thats how the league works.

yeah i'm sure EM planned it that way, just like the ELAM pick vs Buff after

accepting penalty.

the TO call at 2:06 is basic, any coach but herm calls a TO there.

to answer your thread question

We Played like Sh1T

Phuck....How old are you anyway? 12?

should have said

We played like DoDO

yeah i'm sure EM planned it that way, just like the ELAM pick vs Buff after

accepting penalty.

the TO call at 2:06 is basic, any coach but herm calls a TO there.

to answer your thread question

We Played like Sh1T

Phuck....How old are you anyway? 12?

should have said

We played like DoDO

14. and some coaches dont care for those 6 seconds, and save timeouts for the last 2 minutes

Remember when the Pats barely beat the Eagles and Ravens last year?

Remember when the Giants went 0-2 to start the season last year and were about to fire Cofflin?

Me neither.

Winning is the only thing that matters. Win this week and nobody will remember how we won two weeks ago.

Win the next two weeks and everyone will remember our road to the playoffs with two little bumps in it.

Win in the playoffs and everyone will talk about how they started it with the win against the Pats.

Perspective = Current State - Success

BZ

and for the people who complain about "luck" wins, how about raiders. only 1 kicker can get a 58 yarder in OT and we faced him. broncos got a lucky fumble call on us. 49ers got a lucky non exixtent holding call on lepns run back which wouldve given us the lead.

every team gets breaks, thats how the league works.

lol I remember that Raiders game. I was in the game thread, everyone was going crazy, and I told everyone that nobody has ever made a 60 yard FG kick in OT in NFL history, and we could still win the game. Then the kick was made and they all yelled at me.

and nobody in the media is talking about magini's 2 best calls. the timeout with the half running down after 2 big pass plays which i didnt like that timeout because of momentum, but the play after leon runs a TD.

what was great about this? This is what you are supposed to do. They gained 21 yards. They would have wasted too much time if they dont call TO. No genius here.

then with 6 seconds before the 2 min warning mangini couldve saved his timeouts for the last 2 mins but he calls a timeout and it forces buffalo to think which resulted in the throw. those timeouts were manginis smartest calls.

Smart coaches use their timeouts BEFORE the 2 min warning. He should have called timeout after the 1st down run around 2:53. Instead mangini waits until 2nd down with 2:06 left. I dont call that genius. He lucked out that Buffalo made such a terrible play. It had nothing to do with a genius call.

lol I remember that Raiders game. I was in the game thread, everyone was going crazy, and I told everyone that nobody has ever made a 60 yard FG kick in OT in NFL history, and we could still win the game. Then the kick was made and they all yelled at me.

ahahaha so you lost that game for us huh

Archived