Potential Blizzard Conditions here on Saturday Night/Sunday

lawngnome o-line

Apparently Seattle doesn't get snow that often.

From what people are saying, the 4-6 inches they got earlier this week was the most they've seen in almost 20 years.

Now they are expecting in some areas from 6 inches to 2 feet of snow, and anywhere from 50-70 MPH winds in the area making for Blizzard like conditions.

In Seattle, the winds won't be as bad, but should still be a blowing snow type game.

The roads here are horrible, every road is icy. Right now two greyhound buses are hanging over a overpass, teetering filled with students because they skidded off the road.

It is ridiculous over here.

That should help us but I'm still not feeling too good about it.

I can see Schotty and Mangini going over the game plan now:

Schotty: Hey Eric, it's a Blizzard out there. We should really run it down their throats and control the clock.

Mangini: Yeah?

Schotty: ....OR maybe they'll be expecting that, we should try a lot of play action!

Schotty: OR maybe they're expecting that we'll be aware that they're expecting that. I know let's spread them out on every play. Let that HOF'er sling it!

End result - We run the ball 6 times for 66 yards. Favre throws 5 picks and Brad Smith throws two more. Seattle rolls to victory. Good times.

Schotty: Hey Eric, it's a Blizzard out there. We should really run it down their throats and control the clock.

Schotty: ....OR maybe they'll be expecting that, we should try a lot of play action!

Schotty: OR maybe they're expecting that we'll be aware that they're expecting that. I know let's spread them out on every play. Let that HOF'er sling it!

End result - We run the ball 6 times for 66 yards. Favre throws 5 picks and Brad Smith throws two more. Seattle rolls to victory. Good times.

IJ, not being a d-ck but i grew up off and on in ireland and went to uni there, how did you become a typical jaded Jet fan like the rest of us at your age... The Jets have been good or competitive most of your life..

IJ, not being a d-ck but i grew up off and on in ireland and went to uni there, how did you become a typical jaded Jet fan like the rest of us at your age... The Jets have been good or competitive most of your life..

Are you kidding?

Herm Edwards era alone will make most JETS fans that way...

The JETS have had 12 wins ONCE in their history and have only had 3 10 win seasons since 86'....

You dont have to be old...

Are you kidding?

Herm Edwards era alone will make most JETS fans that way...

The JETS have had 12 wins ONCE in their history and have only had 3 10 win seasons since 86'....

You dont have to be old...

he said he was what 18, do the math, he was around for some of the better years, and I am under 40:)

he said he was what 18, do the math, he was around for some of the better years, and I am under 40:)

What? ONce playoff appearance with Parcells... 3 with Herm and one under Mangini?

WooHoo!

LOL

It sucks to be a JETS fan from any generation!

well the one with Parcells was pretty good....

Yes but how did it end? Even the good things are heartbreaking in JETS history...

Think about it... how bittersweet was 69'? For the real old guys on here... one and done... what could have been...

I've been a Jet fan for 5 or so year and believe me I've seen a lot of heartbreak and dissapoinments in that time. I know I haven't got as much as most but I still have reason enough to be pissed off. The fact that I've seen New England absolutely DOMINATE since I've been a fan hasn't helped.

It's pretty irrelevant to the fact that I don't like this coaching staff though.

Doesn't Seattle play in a dome anyway? I mean obviously I don't know, this is a serious question. I thought they had a dome so the weather wouldn't matter though.

:eek:

Have you not watched a Seattle game or highlight in Seattle since, oh, I don't know, the 90's!?

the jets are what, the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring team in the league yet all you can do is rag the offense. if you've been a jet fan for any period of time and witnessed kotite, brister, o'donnel, ray lucas, paul hackett, etc... i don't know how you can complain about schott.

sometimes the grass isn't always greener.....

I checked after posting actually and realized it wasn't in a dome. I don't remember the last time I saw a Seahawk game or highlight truth be told. But usually highlights are only of the field anyway, and they'll only show the stadium at a distance around commercial breaks on primetime games.

From what people are saying, the 4-6 inches they got earlier this week was the most they've seen in almost 20 years.

Now they are expecting in some areas from 6 inches to 2 feet of snow, and anywhere from 50-70 MPH winds in the area making for Blizzard like conditions.

In Seattle, the winds won't be as bad, but should still be a blowing snow type game.

The roads here are horrible, every road is icy. Right now two greyhound buses are hanging over a overpass, teetering filled with students because they skidded off the road.

I told you the other night the roads are bad. They dont believe in using salt on the roads because its bad for the environment. The roads will be worse on Sunday after the game. I doubt I will be going to work on Monday

Mangini: Especially in the red zone. That will really catch 'em off guard! Let's go for it on 4th down alot on our own 40, too.

i think the driver of the blue bus needs to change his underwear now !

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/12/20/us.storm/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

If its snowing and Brett Favre is throwing 50 yard bombs then its time to part ways with this coaching staff.

We should go in there and do what we do best and that is RUN THE FOOTBALL with the AFC'S LEADING RUSHER and his scat back, big play counter part.

For once we should revert to the Herman Edwards days of:

Run

Run

Run

Slant

Run

Run

Screen

If its snowing and Brett Favre is throwing 50 yard bombs then its time to part ways with this coaching staff.

We should go in there and do what we do best and that is RUN THE FOOTBALL with the AFC'S LEADING RUSHER and his scat back, big play counter part.

Run

Run

Run

Slant

Run

Run

Screen

but they'd be expecting that ;)

Run

Run

Run

Slant

Run

Run

Screen

It simply makes too much sense for it to happen.

Archived