AT&T iPhone 3G v Windows Mobile v Blackberry

aec4

I got the Verizon Blackberry Storm today.You can order one online but retail Verizon stores are sold out.

Loading it wasn't easy, and I knew right away if I was going to have to deal with Steve in Mumbai, stuff would get broken.. Went to the Verizon store and got it done, though even the in store tech said the kinks haven't really been worked out on the first generation.I have had Verizon forever, so the Iphone with ATT wasn't an option.

So far, so good. Verizon has excellent coverage and reception, other than the Rockaway Pennisula in Queens. Slight criticism is the touch screen isn't very forgiving to fat fingers and you have to really press down to the point of what feels like you're breaking it. While I loaded my contacts easily in store, my ringtones did not transfer and Verizon as of 1 hour ago doesn't have ringtones app as they do on their standard cells. E-mail access to aol( I know, I'm a technogical Luddite, Aol sucks, why don't I use my Verizon account, what ever, too late) was easy to set up.

I'll let you know.

I have the 3G Iphone and love it. I'm in a family plan so I pay $50/mo with internet. The service has been just fine. I just got it and dropped verizon after a little over 2 years. The problem with verizon is although the service was a little better, I was paying about $77/mo which is way too much especially with the pos phone I had.

One of the advantages of the Iphone over the others is all the cool free apps.

I have the 3G Iphone and love it. I'm in a family plan so I pay $50/mo with internet. The service has been just fine. I just got it and dropped verizon after a little over 2 years. The problem with verizon is although the service was a little better, I was paying about $77/mo which is way too much especially with the pos phone I had.

One of the advantages of the Iphone over the others is all the cool free apps.

How did you get it for $50? They told me $30 extra for data and $30 extra for family texting, on top of the 69.99 we pay for 850 minutes a month...

Sounds like a no-brainer then....Blackberry Bold looks cool.

Id like the BB Bold, but it doesn't run Windows Mobile... and I think the iPhone is nicer than the Bold, so if I was going to go outside the WM world, I'd go iPhone I think.

Id like the BB Bold, but it doesn't run Windows Mobile... and I think the iPhone is nicer than the Bold, so if I was going to go outside the WM world, I'd go iPhone I think.

You're right, should've been more specific. I own a (edge) iPhone and I think its great. The Apps make it worth it IMO. Not a developer here, but I think you can create your own Apps with the iPhone SDK. However you'll have to learn the language, but you know that already working with WM.

I'd probably suggest the iPhone. The apps are VERY useful, especially if you read a lot. Stanza's an awesome free app with thousands of free books to choose from. Texts/emails can be annoying with the soft keyboard, but you can get used to it after a while. A full QWERTY 'board is good for that type of stuff, so the Bold or WinMo get a nod if you type a lot. The Bold's got a great keyboard and an incredibly responsive OS. Way quicker than the iPhone's. WinMo's OS has always appeared somewhat sloppy to me, so I'd put the Bold above that.

If everything you need can be found on the iPhone or App Store (which is somewhat limited), and you don't need a QWERTY keyboard I'd go with that. If you're going to type a lot I'd go with the Bold. I'm not a fan of WinMo, however.

Also--I've heard bad things about the Blackberry Storm. I'd wait for a second generation touch-screen phone if you were going to go down that path. It's essentially the same OS as the Bold and other Blackberry phones, so it can be clunky at times. It's a bit unintuitive in that regards, not much is geared towards the touch screen although it works. I hate the resistive touch screen, it's supposed to help with typing but it only makes things tougher as you have to push harder to get any response by the keyboard.

Hope that helps. Another option is waiting for a second-gen Android device and going down that line, as the platform develops. You can't really go wrong though. :cheers:

I am an Apple fanboy, but I got my hands on the Blackberry Storm the other day for testing (work).

It is really really bad. I had a few people test it and hate it as well.

After that, I talked to a friend, HUGE BLACKBERRY USER, who bought a Storm tried to use it for weeks and returned it.

RIM just tried to put too much into a new system but kept all the old crap. It is slow, hard to use and not a sliver of what a iPhone is.

BZ

I am an Apple fanboy, but I got my hands on the Blackberry Storm the other day for testing (work).

After that, I talked to a friend, HUGE BLACKBERRY USER, who bought a Storm tried to use it for weeks and returned it.

RIM just tried to put too much into a new system but kept all the old crap. It is slow, hard to use and not a sliver of what a iPhone is.

BZ

The keyboard is not user friendly. and it keeps popping up no matter what.

Verizon has great coverage, so for the time being I'm keeping it.

Got the touch blackberry. Took a week to get used to, but its pretty cool.

I dont think I'll ever switch from Verizon- why I didnt go for the Iphone.

AT&T is a piece of crap out here. Their service has gone in the crapper after they lost their lease on a lot of cell towers. Verizon is the only reason I would switch to a Blackberry Storm. The Iphone itself is awesome.

BZ

My Iphone is the only Apple product I own. I was never a big fan of Apple and I still am not. But I must say that they Iphone is great.

Archived