Gholston this week? maybe? getting close?

Steveg

Somewhat of an encouraging article..Click here..

I think next year is going to be the year Gholston will make huge strides, fans do not realize this guy came into this as a huge project he transitioned from a down lineman to an outside linebacker in a system that shows many fronts.

If he will have a breakout game against this year it will be this week against a total make shift o-line in Seattle.

I am rooting for the kid and like the fact that Mangini is sitting with him and going over tape. Vernon is too explosive to not make an impact.

IF by "explosive" you mean stiff, and by impact, you mean by helping the other team, then you are pretty accurate.

All kidding aside, if Lawrence Taylor really did tell Vernon to come down to Florida and work out with him sometime during the offseason then I'm pretty excited for his 2009 campaign. Yes he wasn't anything close to Mario Williams' rookie performance this year, but we have to give him more than one year IMO. Too many people nowaday want to throw a player out after one season. You have to give them two or three, sometimes four, to see the player they really will become.

IF by "explosive" you mean stiff, and by impact, you mean by helping the other team, then you are pretty accurate.

While you are taking the time to bash a rookie player do not be scared to paste the overpaid veterans on the team who are doing next to nothing.

Then again how many people labeled Thomas Jones a free agent bust last year?

Somewhat of an encouraging article..Click here..

Personally, as I already said, I truely think Gholston should start for BT this week. We should crush this team, let the kid ply, let BT know that he ain't cuttin it(There was that article how ENCOURAGED he was when they got gholston and signed Pace, his mother telling him to step it up, very inspiring, i think when they ran that is just when he started to suck again!lol)

Plus you see what he could do and, most important, you put things in Miami's head.

If he sux we yank him, and put Mr. inspiration back in.

While you are taking the time to bash a rookie player do not be scared to paste the overpaid veterans on the team who are doing next to nothing.

Then again how many people labeled Thomas Jones a free agent bust last year?

Not me... I have been saying Thomas Jones was a product of the poor line. Idiots like Irish Jet were saying he couldn't run..

There are definitely vets who are doing nothing too.

Not me... I have been saying Thomas Jones was a product of the poor line. Idiots like Irish Jet were saying he couldn't run..

There are definitely vets who are doing nothing too.

LOL. I love you too.

I never said he "couldn't run", I just thought he was a crappy running back with nothing special to offer. He's obviously went up a few notches in my book as he's ran harder this season than ever before but he's still not an outstanding RB by any means. I still he's average, and the product of great run blocking more than anything else.

ALL RBs are dependant on the effectiveness of their o-lines. However, due to different running styles and physical capabilities, the degree of that dependance can vary quite a bit. At the one end of the spectrum are guys like Emmit Smith, Curtis Martin and Thomas Jones. Their styles and abilities rely heavily on good line blocking. When they have it, they are great. When it is not there, they can be very ordinary.

At the other end of the spectrum are guys like Sanders and Sayers. They were brilliant behind mediocre o-lines. They obviously would have been even better behind great o-lines, but not as proportionally better as the other guys. Sayers hit the LOS so fast, he only needed the smallest hole for a split second, and he was through it. If it was a gaping hole, same result. Thomas Jones looks just as good running thru a gaping hole. But a small hole open for a second, he gets stuffed at the LOS. Sanders could simply out juke unblocked defenders that were right in his face.

Thomas Jones is simply a good RB. Not great. Not terrible or just average. The difference in the Jets o-lines from 2007 to 2008 perfectly illustrates this.

LOL. I love you too.

I never said he "couldn't run", I just thought he was a crappy running back with nothing special to offer. He's obviously went up a few notches in my book as he's ran harder this season than ever before but he's still not an outstanding RB by any means. I still he's average, and the product of great run blocking more than anything else.

This year is how he's always run with a decent OL. Only difference is the upgrade in TDs.

He's an average probowler.

Funny thing is, the Daily News (Cimini) claimed that it looks like Gholston will be inactive for the remainder of the year. Don't know whaere he got that, but at the very least hopefully he is active rather than James Idehebiginehebahagenogo or whatever the hell his name is.

Funny thing is, the Daily News (Cimini) claimed that it looks like Gholston will be inactive for the remainder of the year. Don't know whaere he got that, but at the very least hopefully he is active rather than James Idehebiginehebahagenogo or whatever the hell his name is.

it's a shame about James and all but he has cost us on ST's...ya can't be doing that and expect to be playing again...give Gholston Thomas' and Idigbo's spots as far as I'm concerned...since the BT Express has ground to a screeching halt lately

This year is how he's always run with a decent OL. Only difference is the upgrade in TDs.

He's an average probowler.

we love TJ, but this is his best year ever, or when he went to the SB sharing carries 50/50 with Cedric Benson.

Check his career stats, 9 years, 4 1,000 yard seasons. 4.0 ypc avg

4 years he averaged under 4 yards a carry.

He is having a GREAT year behind a GREAT line,God bless him! But He has had a very average career.

we love TJ, but this is his best year ever, or when he went to the SB sharing carries 50/50 with Cedric Benson.

He is having a GREAT year behind a GREAT line,God bless him! But He has had a very average career.

He never shared 50/50 with Benson.

Avg career? some people would die for 4 1000 yd seasons (this year is #5 out of 10, so 50% of the time.). He's by no means a GREAT back but he's better than an avg one.

In Jones' 3 yrs in CHI, he had 240, 314, 296 carries (2004-2006). Benson in 2005 had 67 and 2006 had 157. Last I checked 296/157 is not 50/50.

Think about it. Jones was injury prone early. He also played for Arizona, and they just plain sucked. He went to CHI after a year in TB and bam, 1000 yd seasons.. 5 in a row, and the year before that was 948.

Career YPC

Emmitt Smith - 4.2

Walter Payton - 4.4

Curtis Martin - 4.0

Jerome Bettis - 3.9

LT - 4.4

Thomas Jones - 4.0

Thomas Jones is low mileage and his career is just now hitting its peak...

Career YPC

Emmitt Smith - 4.2

Walter Payton - 4.4

Curtis Martin - 4.0

Jerome Bettis - 3.9

LT - 4.4

Thomas Jones - 4.0

Thomas Jones is low mileage and his career is just now hitting its peak...

He reminds me of Curtis Martin, in the way he runs, everything. Even the exact same ypc. Difference is Curtis had 1,000 yards EVERY single year, not 4 out of first nine and we LOVE TJ at 30yrs old but wanted Curtis out the door at 30yrs old. Curtis for Lamont Jordan. I think Leon>>>Jordan.

I love them both! I would love a bruiser like Jacobs or Turner, but I love having TJ, but where was that love for Curtis who had these types of years EVERY years he donned the green and white, rushing title,probowls and all.

WE spent as much time defending Curtis as we did Chad, that's nuts. Chad was debatable, Curtis is a classy first Ballot guy who will be joining Don and Joe as the only Jets in the Hall.

That's my question? Why the hatred for Curtis? (and I'm sure we could dig up some disgusting post archives ripping our best running back ever.) and the love(well deserved) for TJ after a dismal season last year.

Just to add:

Curtis never had a line this good, close, perhaps, but not like this and no Tony Richardson and no Brett Favre, remember the OLD "chad allows 8 in the box" arguments, just askin"

He reminds me of Curtis Martin, in the way he runs, everything. Even the exact same ypc. Difference is Curtis had 1,000 yards EVERY single year, not 4 out of first nine and we LOVE TJ at 30/1 but wanted Curtis out the door at 30/1. Curtis for Lamont Jordan. I think Leon>>>Jordan.

I love them both! I would love a bruiser like Jacobs or Turner, but I love having TJ, but where was that love for Curtis who had these types of years EVERY years he donned the green and white, rushing title,probowls and all.

WE spent as much time defending Curtis as we did Chad, that's nuts. Chad was debatable, Curtis is a classy first Ballot guy who will be joining Don and Joe as the only Jets in the Hall.

That's my question? Why the hatred for Curtis? (and I'm sure we could dig up some disgusting post archives ripping our best running back ever.) and the love(well deserved) for TJ after a dismal season.

Just to add:

Curtis never had a line this good, close, perhaps, but not like this and no Tony Richardson and no Brett Favre, remember the OLD "chad allows 8 in the box" arguments, just askin"

Curtis had a ton of mileage at 30... stop comparing age to age...

You could also dig up some dirt on TJ as well... there is no difference...

Could we upgrade at RB? Sure... but at what price and would it be worth not upgrading somewhere else... not every player can be a HOF player on the team...

He never shared 50/50 with Benson.

Avg career? some people would die for 4 1000 yd seasons (this year is #5 out of 10, so 50% of the time.). He's by no means a GREAT back but he's better than an avg one.

In Jones' 3 yrs in CHI, he had 240, 314, 296 carries (2004-2006). Benson in 2005 had 67 and 2006 had 157. Last I checked 296/157 is not 50/50.

Think about it. Jones was injury prone early. He also played for Arizona, and they just plain sucked. He went to CHI after a year in TB and bam, 1000 yd seasons.. 5 in a row, and the year before that was 948.

this will be 4 out of 9, under fifty, Curtis did it EVERY year. Average back-----Great Back

I am THRILLED to death that TJ gets the luxury of our line and Richardson and Favre to keep defense honest. TJ is the man this year. Curtis did it year after year with Chad"8 in the box" Pennington, O-lineman that are telemarketers now. Mawae and who????Kendall?

My point, to show how funny fans can be, we lynch mobbed CM for Lamont Jordon, but love TJ, the cries for Leon to get a few more touches are there, but we wanted Lamont to be our #1 back.

Why not 50/50 Leon TJ???

and in CHI benson played like half the games first year, I was off on the 50/50, but my point is we are seeing TJ at his absolute peak, this was average for CM and the great ones.

Second Tier.Thank God he saved his best for us.

Curtis had a ton of mileage at 30... stop comparing age to age...

You could also dig up some dirt on TJ as well... there is no difference...

Could we upgrade at RB? Sure... but at what price and would it be worth not upgrading somewhere else... not every player can be a HOF player on the team...

I don't know how this thread turned, but, Ecurb, for the record, I am certainly NOT calling for a new running back. I'm perfectly happy with the position. I would give 10 more touches to leon. Draws, screens....whatever.

I don't know how this thread turned, but, Ecurb, for the record, I am certainly NOT calling for a new running back. I'm perfectly happy with the position. I would give 10 more touches to leon. Draws, screens....whatever.

and we all know that

So whats your point?

and we all know that

So whats your point?

When i read this response:

"Could we upgrade at RB? Sure... but at what price and would it be worth not upgrading somewhere else... not every player can be a HOF player on the team..."

I assumed you though I suggested something i DID NOT, so the bold letters should help correct the misunderstanding.

POINT:

Curtis did for years and years for us since day one what TJ is doing in his second year with us, without Favre, T-Rich and this good of a line, and if you took a poll, you'd be shocked.

I LOVE THEM BOTH, I'M Happy with our RUNNING GAME!!!!!!!

I'd draft a bruiser after the second round, if possible,

When i read this response:

"Could we upgrade at RB? Sure... but at what price and would it be worth not upgrading somewhere else... not every player can be a HOF player on the team..."

I assumed you though I suggested something i DID NOT, so the bold letters should help correct the misunderstanding.

POINT:

Curtis did for years and years for us since day one what TJ is doing in his second year with us, without Favre, T-Rich and this good of a line, and if you took a poll, you'd be shocked.

I LOVE THEM BOTH, I'M Happy with our RUNNING GAME!!!!!!!

I'd draft a bruiser after the second round, if possible,

People didnt hate Curtis, people wished he was a gamebreaker RB that could have carried this team all the way... People dont hate TJ people wish he would be a gamebreaking RB that could carry this team all the way...

Your trying to make ti out like JETS fan like TJ better than Cmart which makes you crazy... Martin is one of the most loved JETS ever...

this will be 4 out of 9, under fifty, Curtis did it EVERY year. Average back-----Great Back

I am THRILLED to death that TJ gets the luxury of our line and Richardson and Favre to keep defense honest. TJ is the man this year. Curtis did it year after year with Chad"8 in the box" Pennington, O-lineman that are telemarketers now. Mawae and who????Kendall?

My point, to show how funny fans can be, we lynch mobbed CM for Lamont Jordon, but love TJ, the cries for Leon to get a few more touches are there, but we wanted Lamont to be our #1 back.

Why not 50/50 Leon TJ???

and in CHI benson played like half the games first year, I was off on the 50/50, but my point is we are seeing TJ at his absolute peak, this was average for CM and the great ones.

Second Tier.Thank God he saved his best for us.

Curtis Martin > Thomas Jones. Noone is debating that.

Great Back > Thomas Jones > Average Back is all I am saying.

I do agree, Leon Washington needs to touch it more.. especially this week since Ihave him in the Fantasy Football finals.

Archived