Pat Benatar

Bonnie Raitt

Etta James

Amy Lee, of Evanesence

Annie Haslam, of Renaissance

Alanis Morissette

K.D. Lang

Chrissie Hynde

For those that don't know Renaissance and Annie Haslam's gorgeous voice, here's the band doing Carpet of the Sun:

mg2ptdYAhng

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mama Cass

Grace Slick

Nancy Nevins (Swee****er)

I love Mama Cass and grace and nancy are in second.

YoKo Ono.. sike! But Really, I feel like I'm missing someone.

Edit: Can't say sweet water as one word?

Grace Slick was real good too

S W E E T W A T E R (no problems here):D

WTF Winehouse?????????????

how bout

Annie Lennox

Stevie Nicks

AMy Winehouse has more talent in her cracked out pinky finger than those two broads combined. Are we talking vocal talent or hits? Because most of those female rockers can't hold a tune. The BS yelling which you people call 'rock' doesnt showcase vocal talent that much. Annie Lenox is ok.

AMy Winehouse has more talent in her cracked out pinky finger than those two broads combined. Are we talking vocal talent or hits? Because most of those female rockers can't hold a tune. The BS yelling which you people call 'rock' doesnt showcase vocal talent that much. Annie Lenox is ok.

lol

winebroad does nothing for me....

Stevie and Annie are awesome!!!!

heh opinions are like _____ everyone has one :D

If I weren't a Jets fan before I would become one because of the musical taste of the people on this board.Even the 14 and 15 year olds can make convincing cases for artists whose heyday was well before they were born, and the knowledge of the sixties era and before is astonishing.

I love the Jefferson Airplane, but it is hard to separate Grace from the group as a whole.

Renaissance is the favorite of a small cult, and Carpet of The Sun is my favorite song. To see it, (and them), mentioned here is invigorating.

Swee****er just never really made it, and to this day I wonder why. A couple of friends and I loved the album, played it for people and everyone was crazy over it. But the group never caught on. And here they are being discussed on a Jets board.

No wonder we have so many fans of other teams on this board. Where else are they going to find people like this?

I do not understand the Amy (effed up crack skank) Winehouse love at all. One catchy tune and she's all the rage. Bluesy stuff almost anyone can do that has the wherewithall to go retro. All she has to do is wear a pair of air Jordans to go with her British accent, Beehive hairdo and Bangals "walk like an egytpian" make-up artistry and she's a lock for MTV's artist of the year. Sooooo predictable. :yawn:

I do not understand the Amy (effed up crack skank) Winehouse love at all. One catchy tune and she's all the rage. Bluesy stuff almost anyone can do that has the wherewithall to go retro. All she has to do is wear a pair of air Jordans to go with her British accent, Beehive hairdo and Bangals "walk like an egytpian" make-up artistry and she's a lock for MTV's artist of the year. Sooooo predictable. :yawn:

I'm with you. She looks like a poster crack head for a detox treatment center...this has nothing to do with her talent (if she has any), I just can't get past it.

not a fan of sinead but gwen is great...especially in "don't speak".

I have been a fan of Gwen's since her ballsy/punky days with No Doubt. She is also unbelievably hot, especially in this video for What You Waiting For? The shots of her in those white stockings bolsters my belief in a supreme being.

jtPn3hCFAEY

I agree that Amy Weinehouse is an amazing vocalist. Her phrasing would be more at home in the 50s and 60s than today. That she threw it all away for drugs is another in the endless saga of music business tragedies. I disagree with your appraisal of Annie Lenox, however, who I believe is a major talent rather than just "ok". Here's Lenox' version of the Neil Young classic, Don't Let It Bring You Down:

hlG2HBqgl8M&feature=related

He meant it without spaces, like this:

sweetwater

I'd go with Sinead O'Connor and Gwen Stafani.

I'm on to you man..

Swee****er just never really made it, and to this day I wonder why. A couple of friends and I loved the album, played it for people and everyone was crazy over it. But the group never caught on. And here they are being discussed on a Jets board.

No wonder we have so many fans of other teams on this board. Where else are they going to find people like this?

From what I get out of it, Sweetwater was thrown into the Jefferson Airplane copy cats just because both had female singers but I've always got a Santana feel from the music. There's some history with Sweetwater. Nancy got into a car accident, things just never panned out.

I have been a fan of Gwen's since her ballsy/punky days with No Doubt. She is also unbelievably hot, especially in this video for What You Waiting For? The shots of her in those white stockings bolsters my belief in a supreme being.

jtPn3hCFAEY

i'm surprised you didn't mention this one...

P_8WWWiHZNc

she's beautiful here:

uIvNB3WnvFs

best all around CURRENT singer is gwen...great voice, she can sing any genre...ska, punk, alternative, r&b and pop. she's hot, and she's not a crack head.

best no doubt song..

welnlg3svTw

what a lot of people don't know is that most no doubt songs are about heartbreak, especially from their 1st album (tragic kingdom)...gwen wrote them about fellow bandmate tony kanal after he dumped her after 7 years being in a relationship..

i think it's fascinating that they put their breakup behind them and stayed in the band together...it payed off.

i think that the answers are very generational. i know there are now some young singers that i am going to check out :D

Not sure Gwen Stefani is a "younger" singer.....but I will tell you that her vocals are not even close to being elite. She's a beautiful woman, can market the heck out of herself, has a creative mind and is an energtic performer - but her music sucks!

Not sure Gwen Stefani is a "younger" singer.....but I will tell you that her vocals are not even close to being elite. She's a beautiful woman, can market the heck out of herself, has a creative mind and is an energtic performer - but her music sucks!

I wouldn't say her music sucks but as you said she is not an elite singer. She is very marketable because she is pretty and is a good performer. There are singer with much more talent that don't get her level of attention because of their looks.

I was just surfing around and listened to Whitney Houston. Not my type of music but damn that bitch can hit some notes.

If I weren't a Jets fan before I would become one because of the musical taste of the people on this board.Even the 14 and 15 year olds can make convincing cases for artists whose heyday was well before they were born, and the knowledge of the sixties era and before is astonishing.

I love the Jefferson Airplane, but it is hard to separate Grace from the group as a whole.

Renaissance is the favorite of a small cult, and Carpet of The Sun is my favorite song. To see it, (and them), mentioned here is invigorating.

Thank you as well for appreciating Renaissance, and--especially for knowing who they were. I had the pleasure of seeing them in the 70s, and have been in enamored of Annie Haslam, and her angelic voice, ever since. I love to post that "unplugged" version of Carpet of the Sun any chance I get.

In a similar vein, Jacqui McShee of Pentagle has a stunning voice, but almost totally unknown to most in our generation. This video of Light Flight should open some eyes and--especially--ears.

d9gCN9-Jnfg

Archived