Please Pray for my Father

lawngnome o-line

Many of you know that I was planning on going to the Jets game tomorrow in Seattle. I'm currently sitting in a hotel room and asking for help.

My father went into cardiac arrest a few hours ago and is currently in critical condition. He was lost for a few minutes but they got him back but he's barely holding on. He's getting sent into ICU for hours of work, and we don't know what's going to happen.

There is no way I can get home because the blizzard here, and all flights out are delayed for now, and in a few hours the airport will probably just shut down.

A few people on the board have met him through the tailgates so you know him personally. The rest of you probably do not.

Either way if you could all say a prayer for my dad, Jerry Clark, I would appreciate everything. Being 3000 miles away makes me feel helpless, but it can't be compared to anything he's going through.

Thank you

Brian

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will pray for him, Brian.

If it's some consolation, don't despair. My dad was at death's door and in critical in St. Vincent's. He's still alive today, and very much a pain in the ass many days-ambulatory, wasting my inheritance in AC on a regular basis 15 years and counting. Don't love him any less mind you,but he's here.Yours may be too.

As an update, he's stabilizing, but still in critical condition in ICU.

He's at least conscious, which he wasn't before. They are doing tests on him.

He's not out of the woods, but its looking better.

Thank you all so much, and you don't even know how much I appreciate this.

We are your second family!

It is so not about the game right now. I hope you get back here quickly and safely.

Everyone in ICU is "critical". While my dad was hospitalized,about 1 week in an uncle calls me, all gave and high dungeon, saying your dad is critical. So I hang up the phone and dial my dad's room, thinking they're breaking out the paddles again. Who proceeds to bitch and moan about food, directing me to stop at either Katz's or the 2nd Ave Dewli on the way up. I tell him, "But you're critical".

"BFD-everyone in ICU is critical. Get me some goddamn pastrami!".

That's great news, Brian. "Stabilizing" and being conscious are key, and as Bugg said, everyone is considered "critical" in the ICU. I'm sure the doctors are giving him the best care, and heart attacks are very treatable these days (two in my family recently had them). All my best for his recovery and for getting home safely in this weather.

- LSL/Kathy

As for an update he had a 100% blockage in his main artery and actual was dead for a few minutes.

He is in surgery now, cleaning out his arteries and basically we'll see how he is after, but finding out what he has and the fact they are working on him now is good news.

As for getting home, the earliest I would be able to attempt to get back would be on a red-eye leaving on Monday, and that is if weather doesn't change anything. Basically I'm here and I'm dealing with it as is. I'm with two of my best friends which helps, but still not a situation I'd wish upon anyone else.

As one of my uncles got to the hospital, unrelated to my dad's situation, had a heart attack as well, and is also in the ER getting worked on, although they don't find his situation to be as critical.

Lovely situation for my family, and it really puts a whole lot of things in perspective.

I thank you all for everything and as someone said earlier in the thread, you guys are very much a second family so thank you.

Edit:

He's out of surgery and the doctor is optimistic that he'll be ok. He had a few stents put in and will be in the hospital for a few days. He's in stable but critical condition.

Great news Brian, keep us posted. Great news.

Edit:

He's out of surgery and the doctor is optimistic that he'll be ok. He had a few stents put in and will be in the hospital for a few days. He's in stable but critical condition.

Awesome news, sorry I missed that before my last response. This is great news.

He's good and will be in the hospital for probably 3-5 days, but everything seems to be ok.

He's getting placed in the CCU for monitoring, but there doesn't appear to be any major long term damage to his heart.

On a seperate note, the entire city of Seattle has 21 snow plows. On the weather channel they said the city will be crippled by this blizzard with winds which has winds that are stronger than hurricane force winds.

Just alot of fun over here.

He's good and will be in the hospital for probably 3-5 days, but everything seems to be ok.

He's getting placed in the CCU for monitoring, but there doesn't appear to be any major long term damage to his heart.

On a seperate note, the entire city of Seattle has 21 snow plows. On the weather channel they said the city will be crippled by this blizzard with winds which has winds that are stronger than hurricane force winds.

Just alot of fun over here.

GREAT news man. Very happy to hear that. Here's hoping he has a full recovery.

Archived