Johnson/Tasker.. where can I complain?

aec4

The Jets sucked today.. no question.

HOWEVER, I didn't need 3 hours of hearing 2 Jets haters. I mean it was obvious who they wanted to win from the start.

If anyone knows where I can email CBS, I'd love to. They were absolutely terrible.

HOWEVER, I didn't need 3 hours of hearing 2 Jets haters. I mean it was obvious who they wanted to win from the start.

If anyone knows where I can email CBS, I'd love to. They were absolutely terrible.

They were awful.

WWWWAAAAALLLLLLLAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCEEEEEEE FFIIIRRSTTT DOOOOOOWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

:suic3:

I agree 100%.

They were screaming when the Seahawks were driving. It was unreal how much excited they got.

I agree 100%.

They were screaming when the Seahawks were driving. It was unreal how much excited they got.

True Max, but that was because the Seahawks were the underdogs.

Gus Johnson is one of the best in the business and he mentioned this very thing in a long interview with Bill Simmons some time back.

As an Announcer, the industry tendency is actually not to call the game down the middle, but to give a slant in favor of the underdog. That way, it builds the excitement, especially when the underdog is a 3-11 team. Notice that most announcing teams do that.

Plus, the Jets and their coaching staff deserved to get pissed on in this game. Steve Tasker was 100% correct in his criticism of Mangini and the Jets' coaching staff.

Completely disagree. Gus Johnson is a little excitable, but he's a pro. And Takser was great. he took Mangini to task over yanking the FG unit, and mentioned that Seneca Wallace could eat a sandwich back there with no Jets pass rush.

Completely disagree. Gus Johnson is a little excitable, but he's a pro. And Takser was great. he took Mangini to task over yanking the FG unit, and mentioned that Seneca Wallace could eat a sandwich back there with no Jets pass rush.

I thought Tasker did a good job. He was right to call out our CS, they sucked moose ****

He took Mangini to task on not kicking a 50 yd field goal in the snow when the kick would not have changed the outcome of the game. and he went ON AND ON AND ON about it. He was still talking about it when Seattle was punting 7 plays later.

He took Mangini to task on not kicking a 50 yd field goal in the snow when the kick would not have changed the outcome of the game. and he went ON AND ON AND ON about it. He was still talking about it when Seattle was punting 7 plays later.
I don't know if everything would have been exactly the same if they kick it. But He made it with plenty of leg to spare. And had he made it from 5 yards back the Jets only would've needed a late TD to tie rather than 2 scores later in the game. That is a huge difference.

I don't know if everything would have been exactly the same if they kick it. But He made it with plenty of leg to spare. And had he made it from 5 yards back the Jets only would've needed a late TD to tie rather than 2 scores later in the game. That is a huge difference.

The game would have been different if they made it... I agree. I don't think you can say what you said about needing 1 score opposed to 2, because you never know how the game would have went. However, we pinned them down, and stopped them.. and still did nothing.

Going for it on 4th from the 20 or so was kind of dumb, I agreed with him there, but even if you think he's right, I don't need my wife televising the game. (nag nag nag, let me hear the same thing for 15 minutes)

I believe both of them played professional sports, so you're not allowed to have an opinion on their performance. You don't know what it's like being in a pro league.

Actually, it could have changed the outcome of the game.

That second FG by Seattle would have put them up 7 rather than 10, which would have allowed the Jets last drive to be to tie the game, not try to get within 3 and then have to do the onside.

The bottom line was that it was absolutely foolish not to kick the FG when Feely essentially had a practice kick that was good for at least 55.

Actually, it could have changed the outcome of the game.

That second FG by Seattle would have put them up 7 rather than 10, which would have allowed the Jets last drive to be to tie the game, not try to get within 3 and then have to do the onside.

The bottom line was that it was absolutely foolish not to kick the FG when Feely essentially had a practice kick that was good for at least 55.

and to assume that he would have made a 50yd kick is foolish. There were no guarantees on what could have happened. Since we're the Jets he would have missed and they would have had a shorter field to walk down the field and end the game anyway.

If our god damn offense could move the ball we dont have to worry about a god damn 50yd field goal. We couldnt move it when it mattered down by 7. This decision didnt cost us the game, the lousy gameplanning and execution did.

True Max, but that was because the Seahawks were the underdogs.

Gus Johnson is one of the best in the business and he mentioned this very thing in a long interview with Bill Simmons some time back.

As an Announcer, the industry tendency is actually not to call the game down the middle, but to give a slant in favor of the underdog. That way, it builds the excitement, especially when the underdog is a 3-11 team. Notice that most announcing teams do that.

Plus, the Jets and their coaching staff deserved to get pissed on in this game. Steve Tasker was 100% correct in his criticism of Mangini and the Jets' coaching staff.

I agree with SMC...the announcers almost always root the underdog...they work for the network and their job is to build/keep the excitement so viewers do not tune out. I could almost here Dick Enberg with his Oh my! Oh my!

The bottom line...today they were more professional announcers than Mangini was a professional coach. The team wasn't prepared to play and the calls he made throughout the game were questionable...and their job is to question the calls.

Archived