Belichek Conspiracy Next week?

Jetsfan_always

This might be a stretch, perhaps not, but if I know that diseased mind that is Bill Belichek, he will tank it and lose to Buffalo next week, and here's why.

He expects the Jets to be motivated to try and salvage their season, and to beat Miami at home,. He knows that if either NE or the Jets get in, neither are strong enough (if he had a healthy Brady, maybe a dif story) to go far in the playoffs and make a real SB run, so he will just tank it, for the sole purpose of coming in next year with a healthy Tom Brady and a better draft pick - PLUS the added bonus of a much softer schedule.

Put those 3 together and in his mind, since this season is really a lost cause - and was the moment he lost Brady - he will intentionally lose to be in a FAR better position next year. Soft schedule, nice high picks to fill gaps, Brady all healthy, all make for a nice set of ingredients to make a strong SB run.

I may think Bill is a total ****ing piece of trash, but he is quite devious and I believe and expect him to lose, the Jets to win, and get pulverized in the first playoff game.

Then, everyone goes home happy, the Jets consider it a moral victory just making the playoffs, which he can laugh about having won the SB 3 times, and he positions the Pats for a big run next year.

Thoughts?

This might be a stretch, perhaps not, but if I know that diseased mind that is Bill Belichek, he will tank it and lose to Buffalo next week, and here's why.

He expects the Jets to be motivated to try and salvage their season, and to beat Miami at home,. He knows that if either NE or the Jets get in, neither are strong enough (if he had a healthy Brady, maybe a dif story) to go far in the playoffs and make a real SB run, so he will just tank it, for the sole purpose of coming in next year with a healthy Tom Brady and a better draft pick - PLUS the added bonus of a much softer schedule.

Put those 3 together and in his mind, since this season is really a lost cause - and was the moment he lost Brady - he will intentionally lose to be in a FAR better position next year. Soft schedule, nice high picks to fill gaps, Brady all healthy, all make for a nice set of ingredients to make a strong SB run.

I may think Bill is a total ****ing piece of trash, but he is quite devious and I believe and expect him to lose, the Jets to win, and get pulverized in the first playoff game.

Then, everyone goes home happy, the Jets consider it a moral victory just making the playoffs, which he can laugh about having won the SB 3 times, and he positions the Pats for a big run next year.

Thoughts?

thoughts...This is the stupidest sh!t I have ever read.

Are you kidding me? It doesn't look like anybody can stop the Pats offense. Only the Steelers have had any experience containing it, and come playoff time Cassel has already seen it once before and is ready for it.

The Pats want to get into the playoffs because they can win it all this year. IMO, the most dangerous teams are the Colts and Pats this year. Without injury problems they're the top 2 seeds, they just started their roll a little later this season than usual.

Thoughts?

What??? :confused0082:

Time for Cuse basketball season huh? Go Orange. Big win at Memphis yesterday.

Exactly. At least I have a team that has given me more than false hopes in the past.

And that win was absolutely HUGE, especially without Devendorf. Definitely saves some face after that Cleveland State fiasco.

Thoughts?

wouldnt he have tanked all season to get a top 5 pick and a great schedule next year instead of a pick in the 15-20 range that he currently is getting?:confused:

Thoughts?

can I nominate this a POTW just because it's so damn funny?

Exactly. At least I have a team that has given me more than false hopes in the past.

And that win was absolutely HUGE, especially without Devendorf. Definitely saves some face after that Cleveland State fiasco.

That was bull****. Love the team this year though. Jackson is turning into a nice little inside guy too, which I didn't expect. And Flynn never ceases to amaze me. Big East is gonna be brutal this year, and fun to watch...

Steelers, Raiders and Giants all won the Super Bowl as lowest conference seeds. So that makes no sense at all. Entirely possible a 6 seed could win 3 road games with a few breaks. heck, it happened just last year.Bellichick is never going to tank a playoff berth, and it burnishes his resume to win without Brady.

WTF? I see this might not be the smart Jets fan forum (is that an oxymoron in itself, "Smart Jets fan"?) but teams get accused of jaking it to get into a better position all the time, even in the NBA where having a crap record doesn't even guarantee a high draft pick b/c of the lottery, so why would it be such a stretch here?

And to the poster who claimed that the colts and ne are more competitive than the titans, steelers and ravens, are you ****ing for real?

What league are you watching?

WTF? I see this might not be the smart Jets fan forum (is that an oxymoron in itself, "Smart Jets fan"?) but teams get accused of jaking it to get into a better position all the time, even in the NBA where having a crap record doesn't even guarantee a high draft pick b/c of the lottery, so why would it be such a stretch here?

And to the poster who claimed that the colts and ne are more competitive than the titans, steelers and ravens, are you ****ing for real?

JetNation smart? No. You were wrong in that assumption.

answer my damn question from my earlier post:

wouldnt he have tanked all season to get a top 5 pick and a great schedule next year instead of a pick in the 15-20 range that he currently is getting?:confused:

Steelers, Raiders and Giants all won the Super Bowl as lowest conference seeds. So that makes no sense at all. Entirely possible a 6 seed could win 3 road games with a few breaks. heck, it happened just last year.Bellichick is never going to tank a playoff berth, and it burnishes his resume to win without Brady.

I do not disagree, I just don't get the feeling that Bill truly believes with Cassel he can win a SB, especially given that he would have very tough road games one after another. The 'gints did it last year, but they were destined, so it seemed. Bill would have a lot more arrows in his quiver next year, and he knows with high draft picks he can fill alot of holes NE has right now.

All I'm saying is that he is such a devious asswipe I wouldn't put it past him...:box:

lol,no I think the pats may rather win and win the division,and contend for a superbowl again which sadly they have every right to do. They dont lose for some stupid reason,why would they let Mangini win the division and possibly get to a championship? hahaha whatever man thats moronic.

I do not disagree, I just don't get the feeling that Bill truly believes with Cassel he can win a SB, especially given that he would have very tough road games one after another. The 'gints did it last year, but they were destined, so it seemed. Bill would have a lot more arrows in his quiver next year, and he knows with high draft picks he can fill alot of holes NE has right now.

All I'm saying is that he is such a devious asswipe I wouldn't put it past him...:box:

the most "devious" thing he could do to the AFC East is ****em all over again by beating the bills and putting everyone else on the outside looking in. Can I get some backup here guys??

JetNation smart? No. You were wrong in that assumption.

answer my damn question from my earlier post:

He might have given up on the season once Brady went down, but wanted to test schemes/players on a lost year for the purpose of 2009. He will still get a good schedule next year just by missing the playoffs. Look at the league as a whole, outside of 6-7 teams most of the league is at best mediocre or sucks, so by missing the playoffs he will get a fast-track against the shyte teams with a likely first-round bye and home field, perhaps throughout the playoffs.

He is thinking long-term, and a lot of people here are thinking one week.

That was bull****. Love the team this year though. Jackson is turning into a nice little inside guy too, which I didn't expect. And Flynn never ceases to amaze me. Big East is gonna be brutal this year, and fun to watch...

The CSU shot was the biggest pile of turd I've ever seen in a basketball game. Yes, the team put themselves in a position to get unlucky by laying an egg for the first 39 minutes and 50 seconds of that game, but c'mon...

Yeah, the BE will be tough this season, but I don't see a team that 'Cuse can't beat. Lville has lost twice already, Uconn had very close calls to 'Zaga and UB, and will have a very tough time with JB's zone, and Pitt is yet to play anyone. I think this is going to be a special year for the Orange!!

Quotes the gey fin fan that just joined jetnation,theres some guts there lemme tell ya. Just another reason why the fins and there fans are retarded. Post #1 hahahaha.

Typical welcome I would expect from a jests fan...are you implying that because I just joined that somehow is an indicator of my intelligence? I like any other fan just am happy to see my team do well. And to return the trolling the jests fans do on our sites...:box:

btw retard, the correct word is their...not there.

Typical welcome I would expect from a jests fan...are you implying that because I just joined that somehow is an indicator of my intelligence? I like any other fan just am happy to see my team do well. And to return the trolling the jests fans do on our sites...:box:

Well I wouldnt know im not a loser troll,like you.

He might have given up on the season once Brady went down, but wanted to test schemes/players on a lost year for the purpose of 2009. He will still get a good schedule next year just by missing the playoffs. Look at the league as a whole, outside of 6-7 teams most of the league is at best mediocre or sucks, so by missing the playoffs he will get a fast-track against the shyte teams with a likely first-round bye and home field, perhaps throughout the playoffs.

He is thinking long-term, and a lot of people here are thinking one week.

yeah... they sure looked like they were tanking today. Wouldnt this have been a great week to sh!t the bed?

Sorry. If he really wanted to tank it would have been all season, not week 17. And a bunch of their guys wont be back next year and their core continues to get older. And if they suck all year they get the 4th place schedule instead of the 3rd place they will get now if they tank it.

And you really think Pats players will suck intentionally so Belichick can plan for next year? I dont think so. There are no guarantees Brady will be back healthy. Cassel wont be back.

Maybe you should spend less time focusing in on Belichick and more time on your own lousy franchise who are tanking on purpose.

Not this comin sunday Dolphag...I will look for you afterwards to no prevail. :cheers:

No matter the outcome of sunday, I will definitely be :cheers: as we have the greatest turnaround ever!! Our future is full of hope. Yours?? Brett is how old?? Oh my. 'Phins prevail on sunday with Chad!!!!!!!!!!

No matter the outcome of sunday, I will definitely be :cheers: as we have the greatest turnaround ever!! Our future is full of hope. Yours?? Brett is how old?? Oh my. 'Phins prevail on sunday with Chad!!!!!!!!!!

Just a few years older than Pennington. And with Chad averaging 113 injuries every two years your future may rest on Beck more than you know lol!

Just a few years older than Pennington. And with Chad averaging 113 injuries every two years your future may rest on Beck more than you know lol!

Chad is quite a bit younger than semi-retired Brett and our future is Henne, not Beck. But we can trade Beck to you next year when Brett retires AGAIN...

Archived