Should have kept Pennington and ........

jetguy32

Honestly though, they would have been a better team with Pennington. They even admiitted that they were just trying to make a big splash. Something to keep up with the Giants.

No they wouldn't have been a better team with Chad, can everyone just STF up about him already. Pennington is 1-5 when the opposing team scores over 20, with this ****heel defensive schme he would've lost his share of games as well. With our CS's inability to prepare the entire team for West Coast trips, he would've have lost his share of WC games as well.

This season is 110% on the CS, it has nothing to do with the QB,

No thanks,Chad only strives because he fits in perfectly with Henning their offensive coordinator,a former jet oc that made Chad a star back in the day here. He does not fit in with this west coast scheme here. I cant stand him after what he did to us last year. Kellen in 09.

No thanks,Chad only strives because he fits in perfectly with Henning their offensive coordinator,a former jet oc that made Chad a star back in the day here. He does not fit in with this west coast scheme here. I cant stand him after what he did to us last year. Kellen in 09.

When did Henning make Chad a star here? Henning was out of here as soon as the Hermway regime started.

You didnt need to keep Pennington, you needed to trade him to a NON-DIVISIONAL OPPONENT!!! Releasing him was a horrible mistake by the Jersey front office.

In any event, it's the Jets defense that's lost the majority of games. In all honesty, even with Chad you guys would probably be in this postion. He would've won you a few games by not turning the ball over ala Favre, but no way he wins a shootout like the game against New England.

The Jets had to move away from the Pennington era. Even if Chad brought us to the playoffs for a 1 and done trip again it does nothing for the franchise. It gets the coach a bigger extension. It keeps the same recurring problem at QB. The team had to move on, even if it meant taking a step backwards which sadly may have been the case.

You didnt need to keep Pennington, you needed to trade him to a NON-DIVISIONAL OPPONENT!!! Releasing him was a horrible mistake by the Jersey front office.

In any event, it's the Jets defense that's lost the majority of games. In all honesty, even with Chad you guys would probably be in this postion. He would've won you a few games by not turning the ball over ala Favre, but no way he wins a shootout like the game against New England.

BY what? Instead throwing pick 6's in the 4th ala Pennington?

The Jets had to move away from the Pennington era. Even if Chad brought us to the playoffs for a 1 and done trip again it does nothing for the franchise. It gets the coach a bigger extension. It keeps the same recurring problem at QB. The team had to move on, even if it meant taking a step backwards which sadly may have been the case.

I really think you are half right. The jets needed to move on from the Pennington era definitely, but I don't understand why anyone thinks Pennington would have won 11 games this year here (what it's going to take to get into the playoffs)

Dude - thats a brilliant hind sight suggestion - but understand we tried to unload the dildo farmer on anyone who would take him. Parcells knew he could pick him up after he was cut. No team wanted Chud for a starter if they had to part with anything more than an a ball boy.

I really think you are half right. The jets needed to move on from the Pennington era definitely, but I don't understand why anyone thinks Pennington would have won 11 games this year here (what it's going to take to get into the playoffs)

Im not sure if he would have got us to 11(I think more likely we would be a 10 win potential wildcard team), but I think its possible. Going into the season pre-Favre I figured we were a 9-10 win team with either Chad or Clemens as QB. The only difference was I assumed Chad had a ceiling of maybe 11 and a low of 7 while KC I figured had a low of 5 and I honestly couldnt guess a high for him. You know I dont care at all for Clemens and I think we would be 9-6 with him right now too.

Chad is like the Herm Edwards of mediocrity. He beats garbage. Always has and always will. All we played this year is garbage. You look at his losses this year---against Arizona and Houston both in their buildings where they are very good, Baltimore, New England and us very early on. Thats a usual Chadwick year. You look at our schedule and where would the Chad slip ups be---@SD, @Tenn, maybe @NE, and throw in one lousy game out west. I think he would have fit in more here than Favre did which would have helped the coaching staff and certainly would have kept our best WR from going into these funks where he drops everything that hits him in the hands. Would Thomas Jones been as good? Probably not, but its not like Mangini really likes to use him anyway.

This coaching staff could have Montana in his prime and they would screw him up too.

As far as Pennington goes he wins games. Just look at his wins and losses for his career. Although I do beleive we would have the same record with or without him this year just based on coaching.

This coaching staff could have Montana in his prime and they would screw him up too.

As far as Pennington goes he wins games. Just look at his wins and losses for his career. Although I do beleive we would have the same record with or without him this year just based on coaching.

:roll: Tool

Um yeah thats exactly true,not. :rim:

Archived