Why is it always all Mangini's fault?

aec4

He didn't coach well today, there is no question. Neither did our OC or DC.

However, why is it when we win the PLAYERS get all the credit, but when we lose the COACHES get all the ridicule? There is PLENTY of ridicule to go around for the players. Our OL can't pass block. Our DL all of a sudden is back in 2005/2007 form. Our linebackers don't know how to cover a pilon. Our corners are not good over the middle of the field.

I mean I hear you guys complaining about the coaching, rightfully so in a lot of cases, but come on, let's pass it around to the players too... and when I talk players, I mean others than Brett Favre (although feel free to give him blame too).

I'm sure the stupid posts of "I didn't play this or that" is coming, and if that's all you got, then I guess that's all you got. However, if you want to show some actual football knowledge and debate, let's do that.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, why is it when we win the PLAYERS get all the credit, but when we lose the COACHES get all the ridicule? There is PLENTY of ridicule to go around for the players. Our OL can't pass block. Our DL all of a sudden is back in 2005/2007 form. Our linebackers don't know how to cover a pilon. Our corners are not good over the middle of the field.

I mean I hear you guys complaining about the coaching, rightfully so in a lot of cases, but come on, let's pass it around to the players too... and when I talk players, I mean others than Brett Favre (although feel free to give him blame too).

I'm sure the stupid posts of "I didn't play this or that" is coming, and if that's all you got, then I guess that's all you got. However, if you want to show some actual football knowledge and debate, let's do that.

maybe if EM played single A ball, he could have amounted to something!!!

He had the opportunity to set the tone in the game. tell his offensive line he has faith in them

He kicks a field goal on the opponents 2 yard line

F-Him.....he can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned

Tanny needs to tell his friend, buh-bye

And follow him out the ****ing door.

And why do you think these players arn't good enough? Poor scouting and decisions made by the coaches to sign and play these players maybe? It all comes down to coaching in the end. Sure the players are to blame some, but this team has enough talent where at least a decent coach would have them at 11-4 right now, ready to take on the 6th seed in the AFC in two weeks or possibly over-riding Pittsburgh for a 1st round Bye.

And why do you think these players arn't good enough? Poor scouting and decisions made by the coaches to sign and play these players maybe? It all comes down to coaching in the end. Sure the players are to blame some, but this team has enough talent where at least a decent coach would have them at 11-4 right now, ready to take on the 6th seed in the AFC in two weeks or possibly over-riding Pittsburgh for a 1st round Bye.

This team shat the bed FIVE TIMES this season against awful teams. No coach should survive that.

maybe if EM played single A ball, he could have amounted to something!!!

I didn't think you'd bring anything of importance to the table.

If you want to have an intelligent football debate, let's do it. If you want to continue with the nonsense, feel free too.

I didn't blame Eric Mangini that much today, I do think he has sucked this year at coaching, but most of my blame went toward Brett Favre. Why again did we get him? I still want to know why people thought he was any better then Chad.

You're a dope. Who scored more points this season? Noodle arm and the dolphags or the jets? If the Jets had had the pathetic dolphin offense all season they would've gone 5-12.

Mangini's been horrible this season aec.

Whether it's the overall playcalling (Yes this factors in the idiot co-ordinators) or his desicion making, I just don't think it's been good at all. He's very conservative defensively and IMO all season long, the Jets were too aggressive offensively all season long. They should be running the ball more than they are passing yet that's not the case. This offense should not revolve around a washed up QB. It should revolve around TJ, Leon and that offensive line. Ever since Mangini's been here our main threat IMO (Leon) has been great underutilized for whatever ****ing reason.

Overall I think he's been horrible and it's time for a change IMO although tbh I can't see it coming.

BTW, I give a lot of blame to a lot of players too - Favre, The WR's, Bryan ****ing Thomas and all the LB's (except Pace who's been decent), The Secondary (Except obviously Revis).

All have been bad, but Mangini has to be factored in to the players poor performance too. Especially with the secondary, he was afterall the genius DB coach that won so many SB's, that could get even WR's to play DB effectively. Yeah, turns out that was either BB or the camera's.

If you want to have an intelligent football debate, let's do it. If you want to continue with the nonsense, feel free too.

Give it a rest dude

If you can't see that the buck stops at the coaches seat, you have lost your way

Debate the fact that it's not Manginis fault....best of luck to you

How many more points did the jets score than the great noodle arm and the phish? Answer the question.

7 Pro Bowlers on the Jets this year.

Brett Favre (didnt deserve it)

Kris Jenkins (played like **** near the end)

Leon Washington (great player)

Thomas Johnes (Fantastic year)

Darrelle Revis (great player)

Nick Mangold (I'll give it to him, he deserves it)

Alan Faneca (why's he in it?)

How many pro bowls did the Jets have last season? Zero. Of course they would score more in meaningless situations (47 rams, 56 cardinals).

When it mattered, Brett was no different then Chad, and in fact, there was something different between the two. Brett threw more interceptions.

There is no question it is Mangini's fault.

You know how you can tell it's the coach and not the players?

1-no halftime adjustments. go back to the second NE game, where the Jets are rolling during the first half, and then get rolled in the second. This happened several times during the year, even between quarters. It seems that once the ball stops bouncing their way, the Jets have no ability to change on the fly. They spend all week studying what to do, and become a one-trick pony.

2-losing consistently to bad teams. Plain and simple, this is a sign of a bad coach, as the consensus around the country, in the league as well as the media, is that the Jets have top-shelf talent at a number of spots, and should be beating lousy teams.

The loss to SD can be justified, they have skilled players and were considered a SB contender at the beginning of the year, but Oakland? They are just terrible, only marginally better than Detroit who is basically a Division II college team.

The players just don't seem to be motivated sufficiently by Mangini. I think he would be a good Division III college coach, and that's about it.

There are other points, like terrible play calls in specific situations, but you get the point.

Question ..... Is this the first time the OC or the DC have employed suspect/losing strategy in a game?

Another .... who's in charge of them and thereby responsible for all things in the game?

?

?

7 Pro Bowlers on the Jets this year.

Brett Favre (didnt deserve it)

Kris Jenkins (played like **** near the end)

Leon Washington (great player)

Thomas Johnes (Fantastic year)

Darrelle Revis (great player)

Nick Mangold (I'll give it to him, he deserves it)

Alan Faneca (why's he in it?)

How many pro bowls did the Jets have last season? Zero. Of course they would score more in meaningless situations (47 rams, 56 cardinals).

When it mattered, Brett was no different then Chad, and in fact, there was something different between the two. Brett threw more interceptions.

The answer to the question you didn't answer is 67. The jets outscored that joke of an offense by 67 points. Take 67 points off the top with this defense and see where the jets would be.

Assmop is the dumbest person in message board history. He acts like a 2 year old and never says anything important. You would be better off blocking him.

Start reading the comments of the players

He has lost the team

Eric Mangini's calls loom large in loss

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 10:30 PM

alg_coles-jennings.jpg Warren/AP Laveranues Coles watches the ball slip away, much like the Jets' playoff hopes.

SEATTLE - There were plenty of raw emotions in the Jets' locker room after Sunday's horrible 13-3 loss to the Seahawks. Privately, some players were upset with Eric Mangini, who made three questionable decisions that loomed large in the defeat.

"A bad game by everybody, players and coaches," said one player, who spoke on the condition on anonymity.

Mangini's first big decision came on the Jets' opening possession, when they marched 78 yards to the Seahawks' 2-yard line. On fourth-and-1, Mangini opted for a chip-shot field goal even though the Jets had averaged six yards per rush on the drive.

Asked to comment on the decision, tight end Chris Baker said only, "I'm going to leave that one alone."

Mangini said he wanted the three points because he anticipated a close game. He also said the deteriorating, snowy conditions were a factor.

"I thought at that point, being the opening drive, the important thing would be to get points," he said. "I wasn't sure if the weather was going to continue to worsen. I really felt it was going to come down to three points, and I wanted to get the points on the board."

The Jets' offensive line, dominating on that drive, never recovered, and those were the only three points the Jets got.

"As a competitor, would I have wanted to go for it? Yeah, as a competitor," tackle Damien Woody said. "But that's not my call."

The second questionable decision came early in the fourth quarter, with the Jets trailing, 10-3. A 45-yard field goal by Jay Feely, who made it with plenty to spare, was nullified by a delay-of-game penalty. Instead of letting Feely try again from 50, Mangini sent in the punt team.

On TV, Feely seemed to be jawing with Mangini on the sideline after the punt, which pinned the Seahawks at their own 7, but Feeley claimed he was simply discussing the penalty, not the decision.

"Obviously, I wanted to kick the field goal - you always want to kick it - but that wasn't my decision," said Feely, who hasn't missed a field goal in seven games, converting 13 straight attempts.

Pressed, Feely said, "Those are coaches' decisions. I felt good back to 53 (yards) all day."

Said Mangini: "If you miss that field goal, you put them in really good field position."

The last big decision came with 2:21 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Jets still down by seven points. This time, Mangini eschewed a punt on fourth-and-2 from his 20, putting the ball in Brett Favre's hands. The Jets had three timeouts left. If they punted and forced a three-and-out, they could've received the ball in better field position.

That, too, backfired. Laveranues Coles dropped a long pass, the Seahawks took over and kicked a game-icing field goal.

"We put ourselves in position to go out and play good football," Mangini lamented.

Not every player would agree with that assessment

I just don't get it, especially after today. What does Brett Favre need to do to prove to you brainwashed morons that he sucks, and is far worse then Chad Pennington.

I mean, come on. Chad 10-5, Brett 9-6. Do the math on which is a better record.

There is no saying what Chad would have done with this team and coaching staff though. Also Chad has a very good track record of beating teams he is supposed to - but then losing to everyone else.

I just don't get it, especially after today. What does Brett Favre need to do to prove to you brainwashed morons that he sucks, and is far worse then Chad Pennington.

because the head coach of the Fish plays to win

the fraud of the Jets plays not to lose. that's why Favre and Pennington looked like crap with the Jets

There is no saying what Chad would have done with this team and coaching staff though. Also Chad has a very good track record of beating teams he is supposed to - but then losing to everyone else.

Look at it this way, could Brett Favre have led the Miami Dolphins to their current record? I just don't see how he could.

To answer the original question...

It doesn't matter who the coach is...when you lose four out of five, the coach is the obvious choice. That happens on any NFL team. They can't blame everybody so they blame the guy with the responsibility.

San Diego fans did it last year at the start of the season.

Giant fans did it when the Giants couldn't seem to get it together.

I'm not going to tell you that it's right or wrong (or that it isn't natural) but it certainly is not as simple as blaming it solely on the coach.

yeah a whole 1 game lead means he's soooooooo much more superior. :rolleyes:

Start reading the comments of the players

He has lost the team

Eric Mangini's calls loom large in loss

Glad we're getting support from the rags in questioning his genius. It needs to be questioned in a big way.

yeah a whole 1 game lead means he's soooooooo much more superior. :rolleyes:

Brett Favre has:

2 pretty good wide receivers, 2 good running backs, a great up and coming tight end, and a great offensive line. What more could you ask for?

Chad Pennington has:

a great running back.... what else does he have?

Now you see that the 10-5 record really is more impressive then Brett's 9-6 record, and it doesn't feel like 1 whole game. It feels like were the Detroit Lions, and they're the Indianapolis Colts.

To answer the original question...

It doesn't matter who the coach is...when you lose four out of five, the coach is the obvious choice. That happens on any NFL team. They can't blame everybody so they blame the guy with the responsibility.

San Diego fans did it last year at the start of the season.

Giant fans did it when the Giants couldn't seem to get it together.

I'm not going to tell you that it's right or wrong (or that it isn't natural) but it certainly is not as simple as blaming it solely on the coach.

and how improbable that it be that sharp guy we got calling the shots ...

By that retarded logic Jake Delhomme is better than both of them.

Archived