Would you even want to make the playoffs at this point?

Irish Jet

I mean, say the chance did arise where we could indeed get into the post-season, say by Jacksonville shocking Baltimore. I'd no doubt cheer for the Jets to win (which I'd do regardless) but would it really help us?

If we get to the post season playing the way we're playing now we're just going to be absolutely embarrased, and in the recieving this embarrasment we'd be giving up a 2nd round pick for Lord Favre (I find it bad enough that we're giving up a 3rd for the POS!). Is that really worth it? I don't think so. In the long term it would just **** us up even more.

No because if we make the playoffs we are just setting ourselves up to an embarassing loss to Baltimore or New England that Fat**** Head Coach stays. No thanks. Favre isn't coming back either way, so that doesn't matter either. He won't play for Mangini again, thats for sure, and he won't play for a new coach unless its Mike Holmgren who is staying out of football until 2010.

While we are already sure that the Jets are POS's right now, there is no way to tell what they will be like or how they will play if they make the playoffs. Because the ONE thing the Jets are is unpredictable. They are now the most inconsistent team in the league and they have proven that they can play with and beat ELITE talent. If they make the playoffs, focus and elevate their game, they can beat anyone. THe problem is that they don't deserve to make it, based on how they have taken their 'greatness' for granted and pissed away the opportunity to win out and guarantee their spot.

This is just my opinion. I also started a profile on this topic three weeks ago, called 'If the Jets Make the Playoffs' And I explained that if the Jets do make the playoffs, they will go undefeated the rest of the way.

The ambigeousely gay duo just got another sidekick! AsssssOOOOfffMMMMuuufffff! Spitting out more one liners than Freddy Krueger! yay!:rolleyes:

enjoy the view of saban's arse, he is in the process of getting Tenn's

only 5 star lol

3rd sunday in october, we love a good cigar!!!!!

enjoy the view of saban's arse, he is in the process of getting Tenn's

only 5 star lol

3rd sunday in october, we love a good cigar!!!!!

hmmm sounds a little bit like horsesh!t but i'm not surprised. There's this kid named Oku the best rb in the nation that comitted to UT,#1 in the nation. Then theres Barkley from Cal,Marlon Brown yeah whatever dude I actually follow my teams...

Uh, I definitely want to make the playoffs. We're the most inconsistent team in the league--there's no telling what we'd do in the playoffs. Maybe we go on another streak like earlier in the year, or maybe we get embarrassed. But at least that leaves the chance for something good to happen. I don't know how you could call yourself a Jets fan and not want them to make the playoffs, quite frankly...

Absolutely want us to make the playoffs. Why wouldn't you? Remember this team's mid-season roll? Anything can happen. We can come into the playoffs having barely beaten the Fins and then win out against New England, Tenn., Pitt and the Giants. Hell we've already beaten the first two back to back on the road this season, why not again?

You know how this movie ends, we've seen it a million times. One of two things happens next week and both of them are bad:

Beat the Phins, Pats make playoffs and we don't.

or

Lose to the Phins.

Personally, I think the Phins will win. All the good karma is with them right now, and all the bad karma is with us.

You know how this movie ends, we've seen it a million times. One of two things happens next week and both of them are bad:

Beat the Phins, Pats make playoffs and we don't.

or

Lose to the Phins.

Personally, I think the Phins will win. All the good karma is with them right now, and all the bad karma is with us.

The karma will phuck us all up the proverbial arse

i have to watch this game at Outlaws so i will lay down and take it like a man

all i ask is for chad to end it quickly !!!

I think no matter what you want to get into the playoffs.

You never know what might happen. Even if you have to back into the post season.

The problem with that is that if they do somehow manage to sneak in, (Who would have though we would have been saying that four weeks ago) Mangini probably stays.

Deep down I know this team is toast. Mangini has lost them. Don't be surprised if after next week you start hearing "How Mangini lost the team".

I am usually pretty patitent with coaches but this whole staff just has to go. The ownership spent a ton of money, brought in a QB (over the hill and overated though) got to 8-3 and then collapsed. Collapses that cost Bruce Coslet his job. Pete Carroll his job. Walton never really recovred after the 86 team imploded in the Browns game.

If Mangini gets another year I will be really ticked off.

Would you even want to make the playoffs at this point?

Yes. Definitely.

That is why we root for our team. For the chance to be one of 12 teams with a chance to win the Super Bowl.

I dont know what next sunday, the playoffs, or next year will be like. The future is unknown. Favre, Mangini, Sutton, Schottenheimer. Will they be there. Will they be gone What I do know is our team has a chance to make the playoffs, and I will be there Sunday cheering them on hoping we have the chance. I dont want to miss on an opportunity this year that we may not have for sometime.

I'm not going to tell you what you should think or do. Every fan must decide for themselves where they stand in their fandom. Sure, we are all pissed off with the effort and execution and results from the past few weeks. But we still have a chance. We still have a chance to make history.

And until that chance is taken away I will root for them to make the playoffs. I'll worry about next year once this season is officially over.

I mean, say the chance did arise where we could indeed get into the post-season, say by Jacksonville shocking Baltimore. I'd no doubt cheer for the Jets to win (which I'd do regardless) but would it really help us?

If we get to the post season playing the way we're playing now we're just going to be absolutely embarrased, and in the recieving this embarrasment we'd be giving up a 2nd round pick for Lord Favre (I find it bad enough that we're giving up a 3rd for the POS!). Is that really worth it? I don't think so. In the long term it would just **** us up even more.

I'm so torn. I agree that going into the playoffs hurts this team for the future. Keeping Mangini and losing a 2nd is just horrible. But, remember. When the playoffs start everyone is 0-0

Archived