2002...?

NY JETS 29

Six years later we could be looking at a very similar Sunday. Let's start with yesterday, did I throw stuff at the T.V, shake my head on MANY of the coaching calls, scream at the QB for under throwing a wide open WR, scream at the WR's for dropping balls, scream at the defense for tackling and closing gaps, keeo quiet for a good two hours after the games, YES to all. The Jets did not play well, their coaching staff gave the game away, but we still have a chance. So, until I'm told that my team is out, I'm going to be just as game ready as any week for Sunday. Believe me as a season ticket holder and long time fan (not to compare my suffering to the older fans on the board who witnessed a lot more heart break then I have) I'm hurt, and destroyed, we all are. We are in this sight for a reason, we here are all die hard fans who invest a lot into this team, not just money, but passion, time and dedication.

Now, After reading some posts this morning and watching the networks as far as I know we only get in through the division title which means a win + pats loss. OK, then let's do that. Looks to me that the Pats and Bills will kickoff at 1pm and will kickoff at 4pm, ring a bell??? I'm sure we all know the scenario from 2002, so in light of mentioning it, lets repeat history. Buffalo looked better the last two weeks and Trent Edwards is back in the starting lineup. They are a win away from an 8-8 season which is something to play for, they are yet to win a division game, and their playing at home. To think Buffalo can't pull off the upset would be a tad nieve. This isn't the way we wanted it to happen, but all of us here I'm sure would take it. If you asked me the best Jet game I've ever been to it was 2002 vs Green Bay, the whispers of what was going on in OT of NE/MIA, watching the game during tailgate, watching the stadium light up when they posted the score, so why not????

My request to Jets fans is show up to the game, be loud, dont hand tickets to Dolphin fans and let's go out on a wild sunday for a spot in the playoffs.

PS_ during this post I did see that with a win and baltimore loss we can stag a wildcard spot.

I hear what you are saying but way too early for the rah rah speech for me. And for the record the place will be full of fish fans

No it won't, fans started buying up tickets fast for this one for the last two weeks. Place will be packed, a lot of Phin fans, but it will be playoff style atmosphere there.

No it won't, fans started buying up tickets fast for this one for the last two weeks. Place will be packed, a lot of Phin fans, but it will be playoff style atmosphere there.

We shall see maybe the holiday will bring back the Jets faith, I got a zillion text messages with people trying to sell their tickets

We shall see maybe the holiday will bring back the Jets faith, I got a zillion text messages with people trying to sell their tickets

I'm hoping that was all out of initial shock, which we all had. Fans can be missing a very memorable Sunday at the meadowlands.

PS- I'm looking for two extras, haha.

Archived