Brett Favre must go

Scott Dierking

One of the main things about getting Favre that no-one ever shut about was having this "anything can happen" offense or the "game is never over" with Favre at QB.

Anyone who tells me they thought Favre was going to drive down the field for a TD against the Seahawks in the 4th quarter when we needed it is lying. The game was over and it was painfully obvious that Favre was done.

I posted after the Denver game that this offense had been exposed, they have no air attack away from the short passing game. Teams figured that out after the Titans game.

The only game the Jets came from behind in this year was the Bills game. and Favre had nothing to do with that.

What's funny is how they collapsed. the Cardinals game scared the **** out of a lot of upcoming opponents defensive tactics. but Favre hasn't been able to throw the long ball since the Arizona game.

Unless the defense improves drastically, it really doesnt matter who the QB is.

Mangini's had three years to construct "his defense" with "his guys." The defense is still a trainwreck. How much more string does he get?

Exactly. We were facing a team with a bunch of backups on the oline, not a single starter, and we allowed a 100 yard rusher and got 0 sacks. Zero! We didn't even hold them to a single 3 and out all day

I understand Favre was awful, but come on. Blaming Sutton or Favre is scapegoating plain and simple. This entire team brokedown and has been sleepwalking since TN. I don't think you could find more damning evidence of the HC if you tried..

Look at Seneca Wallace and even Losman the week before.

They made plays with their legs, even though they didn't even have to run with the ball.

They bought time by being able to slide, and that allowed the receivers to break free.

With Favre, the time is not there, the rush is coming to meet at point "x", because Favre does not move from point "x", and he is throwing from a well. Pass rushers are not even committing to hold their lane. Their is no reason to. Favre found himself totally perplexed yesterday on one play where the rush had totally by passed him, leaving him open space, that his only reaction was to underhand the ball to Coles.

Let's not even talk about the "hurry up" play on 3rd and 1 where the Jets did not have enough players on the line. A qb has to, I repeat has to see that.

The Jets cann not threaten a defense, wven with an improved running game, because their QB is a statue. And with these receivers who need time to separate, that is a deadly combo.

Bad fit all the way around.

Look at Seneca Wallace and even Losman the week before.

They made plays with their legs, even though they didn't even have to run with the ball.

They bought time by being able to slide, and that allowed the receivers to break free.

With Favre, the time is not there, the rush is coming to meet at point "x", because Favre does not move from point "x", and he is throwing from a well. Pass rushers are not even committing to hold their lane. Their is no reason to. Favre found himself totally perplexed yesterday on one play where the rush had totally by passed him, leaving him open space, that his only reaction was to underhand the ball to Coles.

Let's not even talk about the "hurry up" play on 3rd and 1 where the Jets did not have enough players on the line. A qb has to, I repeat has to see that.

The Jets cann not threaten a defense, wven with an improved running game, because their QB is a statue. And with these receivers who need time to separate, that is a deadly combo.

Bad fit all the way around.

So what are you saying?

Favre is fine in the pocket and moves around enough to satisfy me. Peyton Manning doesn't exactly remind anyone of Vick scrambling wise back there either. That said, Favre has 1 TD and SIX picks in our last 4 games. Seems we would have treated our last QB a little more harshly for those type numbers.

During this collapse Mangini, deservedly so, is taking the brunt of the hatred right now due to curious game planning and in game decisions. Our defense comes in a close 2nd in the blame game as we forget all the defensive scores we have come up with throughout the season but the real culprit for this collapse is the QB.

The defense may have been pushed around in Seattle yet only allowed 13 points (3 of which were a gimme FG on downs turnover). You cannot win scoring 3 points. That falls on the QB.

We need to win and back in this w/end and do some play-off damage with Favre playing well.

Otherwise Brett Favre has been a failure and the key component behind this METS like collapse. He should be held to the same report card system that Chad was yet we look everywhere else first in the blame game.

Let's play defensive coordinator 101-See if you can develop a scheme for this offense:

The QB, on 90% of his pass plays will take a straight drop 6 yards directly behind the center. He will not be able to glide to his left or right, or does not seem able to.

The WR's of this offense, if you jam them at the line and bracket them will not be able to shake loose, unless you give the QB extraordinary time.

A caveat, you must be able to feel for the screen play, because as much your penchant for wanting to just pin your ears and attack that qb spot, they will throw the occasional screen at you.

Think you could develop a scheme to stop that offense?

Someone (Jonejet) mentioned how much the Jets pass on first down, fall incomplete, and then run on second down.

Want to know why? The only hope this offense has is to try and catch you by surprise in guessing. They hope you won't be in full pass rush mode on first down and can give the time. They hope on that second and long that you are actually salivating at attacking that qb circle he will be in, and have actually been able to break some big runs on that circumstance.

This is what the NY Jets are. An immovable object at QB, that makes defensive scheming so, so easy, without the speed at WR to make them pay.

Pennington has only 7 INT's in 15 games so far.

Just saying.

:Typotux:

I hear ya. Don't get me wrong, Favre was well worth taking a chance on. It just has not worked out the last qtr of the season. Let's also not forget he was somewhat awful to begin the season as well.

Hopefully we get in the play-offs and he rebounds.

We werent going to win the Super Bowl with Chad- which is what really matters, no?

The potential upside with Favre was worth taking the risk on. And we have scored a lot of points this season- yeah in bunches, but still our offense was explosive at times this season.

In my honest opinion, no matter the QB- Chad, Favre, Clemens...the defense was just such a joke we werent winning anything anyway.

The defense got lucky with gift fumbles all season. They couldnt stop anyone on third down. They couldnt force three and outs. Teams passed at will on us. In our so called "great game" we played against the Patriots our defense was abysmal. Obviously gets ignored in such a great win- but the defense sucked.

Its so imperative to get a defense that likes to hit, plays aggressive in here. We showed flashes in 2004, but other than that when we had a lunatic as a DC...we've been beyond passive.

We werent going to win the Super Bowl with Chad- which is what really matters, no?

The potential upside with Favre was worth taking the risk on. And we have scored a lot of points this season- yeah in bunches, but still are offense was explosive at times this season.

In my honest opinion, no matter the QB- Chad, Favre, Clemens...the defense was just such a joke we werent winning anything anyway.

The defense got lucky with gift fumbles all season. They couldnt stop anyone on third down. They couldnt force three and outs. Teams passed at will on us. In our so called "great game" we played against the Patriots our defense was abysmal. Obviously gets ignored in such a great win- but the defense sucked.

Its so imperative to get a defense that likes to hit, plays aggressive in here. We showed flashes in 2004, but other than that when we had a lunatic as a DC...we've been beyond passive.

If the Jets knew that they weren't going to win with Brett Favre, why take that chance either?

All that does is retard the position for another year.

That is fatalistic thinking, and I am sure that was not the Jets approach. But it was easy to predict.

If the Jets knew that they weren't going to win with Brett Favre, why take that chance either?

All that does is retard the position for another year.

That is fatalistic thinking, and I am sure that was not the Jets approach. But it was easy to predict.

Well I dont think anyone knew the defense was going to be this bad and also this poorly coached.

Archived