Not Renewing my Season Tickets...

JohnnyHector

I'm not trying to be a drama queen, nor is this a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's debacle, as I have been been considering getting rid of my tickets since the near-loss against Kansas City... Despite the fact that I am virtually guaranteed a non-PSL seat in the Uppers if I so choose in the new stadium, I can't fathom spending over $100 per game to travel across two bodies of water to have this team continue to devastate me on a regular basis. It's akin to paying someone to kick you in the nuts...

I also shudder to think how impossible it will be to recoup anything remotely close to face value for the tickets if I want to get rid of a game (especially when the team doesn't appear to be Super Bowl bound), despite the legions of message board posters who complain about the home crowd and how they should feel privileged to have seats - all from the warm confines of their homes. I had come to accept eating tickets as a necessary evil during 4-12 campaigns in past years, but no longer...

I had more fun attending the games when the team went an entire season without winning at home - when tickets were $25 and I didn't have a family. Sadly, watching football has become a joyless passion for me, as the Jets, despite being a welcome distraction, only add more misery to my life. Of course, like everyone else who wastes countless hours here, I will continue to support this pathetic, cursed franchise... but it doesn't meant that I have to waste my money as well.

I'm on the fence about keeping the tickets just for next season, but I will not plunk down any more money if Mangina and his band of merry idiots are still in the fold. Unfortunately, I think I'll be requesting a refund of the playoff ticket money and watching the games at home or at the bar from now on.

To save anyone the trouble of posting silly nonsense like "suck it up", "you're not a real fan", "through thick and thin".... eat me.

[/WHINING_RANT]

Can't say I blame you. Here is my stance right now. I will keep my seats for as long as they don't charge me a PSL. Once they do, I am out. Paying MORE for this stuff is not an option.

So Miami on Sunday could be my last game as well. The entire financial world is crumbling. If I have to pay MORE for the Jets, it isn't going to happen. I will enjoy (lol) the games at home.

To save anyone the trouble of posting silly nonsense like "suck it up", "you're not a real fan", "through thick and thin".... eat me.

Dude, no one ought to give you crap for that and if they do, they're an a$$hole. You guys spend your hard earned dollars year in and year out, and for what, this joke of a product on the field? The longest running joke in sports?

I don't blame you guys in the least. Spend the money you would on tickets and tailgating, buy a nice LCD TV and surround sound. You can watch the weekly train wreck from the comfort of your own home, have your friends over, and still have the fruits of your hard work (The TV) to use year around.

ive been fortunate enough to go to a handful of games in my lifetime. but some of the best memories ive had while watching the Jets is when i have my buddies come over drink a few brews (or fantas) and watch the game and bs. I enjoy sitting at home watching the game as much as i do when i get the chance to go.

i guess what im trying to say is that watching the game at home and saving your money can be just as much fun as going to the game.

so IMO there is no bad choice in this matter

I will enjoy (lol) the games at home.

I had a few friends over to watch the game yesterday (some Jets fans, one Giants fan). The idea was that we would watch both games. After an afternoon of listening to me ranting, bitching, complaining, moaning and whining during the Jets game, they all took off (after they ate dinner) and I ended watching the Giants game by myself. I was ready to throw them out anyway, so it worked out for the best.

I had a few friends over to watch the game yesterday (some Jets fans, one Giants fan). The idea was that we would watch both games. After an afternoon of listening to me ranting, bitching, complaining, moaning and whining during the Jets game, they all took off (after they ate dinner) and I ended watching the Giants game by myself. I was ready to throw them out anyway, so it worked out for the best.

:rl:

You are right 1986 demise was because of a incredible rash of injuries. No such excuse in 2008.

How soon we forget 2000 -- 9-4 with 3 games left -- anyone remeber that piece of crap -- losing to Detroit at home followe by Vinnies Pick-a-palooza against the Ravens - This season reminds me of that one more than 86

don't have season tix to give up, but I don't see myself doing the normal 3 or 4 road trips anymore. Im sure I can find something else to spend the $$$ on

Baloney -- I am sure all that post will be at it again next year no matter what --- Its in our blood -

I'm not trying to be a drama queen, nor is this a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's debacle, as I have been been considering getting rid of my tickets since the near-loss against Kansas City... Despite the fact that I am virtually guaranteed a non-PSL seat in the Uppers if I so choose in the new stadium, I can't fathom spending over $100 per game to travel across two bodies of water to have this team continue to devastate me on a regular basis. It's akin to paying someone to kick you in the nuts...

I also shudder to think how impossible it will be to recoup anything remotely close to face value for the tickets if I want to get rid of a game (especially when the team doesn't appear to be Super Bowl bound), despite the legions of message board posters who complain about the home crowd and how they should feel privileged to have seats - all from the warm confines of their homes. I had come to accept eating tickets as a necessary evil during 4-12 campaigns in past years, but no longer...

I had more fun attending the games when the team went an entire season without winning at home - when tickets were $25 and I didn't have a family. Sadly, watching football has become a joyless passion for me, as the Jets, despite being a welcome distraction, only add more misery to my life. Of course, like everyone else who wastes countless hours here, I will continue to support this pathetic, cursed franchise... but it doesn't meant that I have to waste my money as well.

I'm on the fence about keeping the tickets just for next season, but I will not plunk down any more money if Mangina and his band of merry idiots are still in the fold. Unfortunately, I think I'll be requesting a refund of the playoff ticket money and watching the games at home or at the bar from now on.

[/WHINING_RANT]

I'm way ahead of you. Gave tix up after last season. Section 108 Row 15.

Some teams are in it for the money and championships and some are in it just for the money. Guess what category the Jets organization falls in!

Hell Im with you, Im 20 and I dont have a year round full time job it costs me a lot for season tickets and now I think is it really worth it? What am I getting out of watching this **** team, with that said Ill probably renew em next year (gotta work hard this summer) but I cant blame you man, this collapse is terrible on our part.

-This is BIG COUNTRY, war ensemble needs to learn how to ****in log off

How soon we forget 2000 -- 9-4 with 3 games left -- anyone remeber that piece of crap -- losing to Detroit at home followe by Vinnies Pick-a-palooza against the Ravens - This season reminds me of that one more than 86

Yes I was at the Raven game when we has out gained by at least 3-1 and got killed. There are may collapse in Jets history including 1994 under Pete Carrol, but 1986 and this year are 2 of the worst.

Not only do I not blame you, but I support you. This has gone too far - regarding collapses. I preferred rooting for the JETS when there bad, but played and fought hard. Now that we're loaded with talent, we have a bunch of rich freeloader players and a coach who can't motivate anybody. I got in a fight with my girlfriend last night after the game. I was in a terrible mood. She teased me about the game and I just couldn't speak to her. I took her to two games this year (I have half season tickets) and I just CAN'T BELIEVE I WASTED MY TIME and MONEY!!!!! What a joke/ circus with bringin in Favre and all this talent. Even if we win and somehow make the playoffs, this season is such an underachievement. It has to go on the shoulders of the coaches as well as partly on Favre for overestimating his own talent. He just can't even get the ball to wide open guys. TERRIBLE - JUST TERRIBLE! I'm not going to games next year and for awhile. Merry Christmas!

[/WHINING_RANT]

Good for you bro, I can't even FATHOM spending that kind of money EVERY YEAR only to have YOUR HEART TORN OUT to boot.

I told myself long ago that I'll only subject myself to one game a year, and that's als for budget reasons. Next year might be my last year I attempt to go to a game, with the prices of the tickets in the new stadium.

I dont blame you. This team has ripped the soul out of me.

I was just thinking about how I was so excited to watch this team in Miami for the opening game of the Favre era.

Now I cant stop thinking about what I could have done with couple of hundred bucks I spent while I was down there...

I dont blame you. This team has ripped the soul out of me.

I was just thinking about how I was so excited to watch this team in Miami for the opening game of the Favre era.

Now I cant stop thinking about what I could have done with couple of hundred bucks I spent while I was down there...

Right?

I actually shelled out EXTRA MONEY for the home opener against the Pats to see Favre's bland home debut.

From now on I refuse to pay over face value ever.

The only thing that will keep me from going to games are the PSL's which will happen....

I just dont enjoy watching the game at home. I just dont have the same feeling as I do when Im at the game. Its a bitch for me to get to and from games, but I really enjoy my time at the games. I wish it would never end, but sadly I will be forced to end it.

I'm used to having my team rip my heart out. This was just a new, creative way on how to do it.

The season ticket situation is a tough one as the prices are continuing to rise, the performance and the results are always the same. It is becoming hard to justify spending money on this team, this coming from a person that has not missed a game in 12 years.

Good for you bro, I can't even FATHOM spending that kind of money EVERY YEAR only to have YOUR HEART TORN OUT to boot.

I told myself long ago that I'll only subject myself to one game a year, and that's als for budget reasons. Next year might be my last year I attempt to go to a game, with the prices of the tickets in the new stadium.

It really is maddening that we continue to do this to ourselves.

BTW - Nice sig, though every time I look at it I see "ERIC FAIL".

Hell Im with you, Im 20 and I dont have a year round full time job it costs me a lot for season tickets and now I think is it really worth it? What am I getting out of watching this **** team, with that said Ill probably renew em next year (gotta work hard this summer) but I cant blame you man, this collapse is terrible on our part.

-This is BIG COUNTRY, war ensemble needs to learn how to ****in log off

:face:

You better renew your season tickets, I'm going to need a driver for next year!

[/WHINING_RANT]

good

your booing will not be missed

Archived