Congratulations Younger Jets Fans (teens - early 20's)

Green DNA

Congratulations! You now have an epic meltdown of your own to put on the mantelpiece. Many of you are probably sick of hearing about the 10-1 Jets that finished with 5 straight losses or some of the other debacles that litter our sorry history. You now have the collapse of '08 to refer back to many years from now, this one is for you my younger Jets brethren. Yesterday you truly earned your stripes, welcome to the club! :cheers:

Congratulations! You now have an epic meltdown of your own to put on the mantelpiece. Many of you are probably sick of hearing about the 10-1 Jets that finished with 5 straight losses or some of the other debacles that litter our sorry history. You now have the collapse of '08 to refer back to many years from now, this one is for you my younger Jets brethren. Yesterday you truly earned your stripes, welcome to the club! :cheers:
GET OUT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

iN ny, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO ROOT FOR AN ACTUAL REAL NFL TEAM. For many of us, it's too late.

Effing Paul Maguire...

lol i didn't see a "meltdown"

I saw a team which peaked mid-season, whose QB obviously can't will the team to a W anymore. Whose piss-poor offensive gameplanning, and ability to convert on third downs killed em.

Writing was on the wall Week 12. You don't do anything except pick your **** back up, hope for good depth, fill some spots and keep going.

It wasn't a meltdown -- people figured us out by week 12. Favre couldn't connect with his receivers and has been playing poorly the last 3 weeks. It is what it is.

Oh, and Mangini has done more for this team than 3/4ths of the people on this board give him credit for.

2004 was my official welcome, but this hurts almost as much.

I feel honored to now have TWO historic Jet collapses under my belt at just 20 years of age. :face:

2001 collapse was just as good as this one. 9-4, need one game to win to get into the Postseason and we lose 3 in a row, including a 10-7 barnburner at home to Detroit. John Hall missed a 28 yard FG or something of that nature. :eek:

Add in Doug Brien (2004), my first two years of going to games and being a diehard young fan behing a combined 4-28 (95 & 96) and the January 1999 AFC Championship Game I think we've had one hell of a start for those of us who are 20-24 age range.

Let us not forget though that this has been the best decade in franchise history in terms of total amount of playoff apperances. :eek:

I feel honored to now have TWO historic Jet collapses under my belt at just 20 years of age. :face:

2001 collapse was just as good as this one. 9-4, need one game to win to get into the Postseason and we lose 3 in a row, including a 10-7 barnburner at home to Detroit. John Hall missed a 28 yard FG or something of that nature. :eek:

98' still has to be the worst for me... so close...

Then the Doug Brien kicks...

This season ranks right up there but I had already lost faith in Mangini so its not as much of a shock...

Gather, young ones. let me tell you about mud bowls, late hits, fake spikes and Paul ****ing Maguire. I know - you think this is the stuff of legend, but it's true.

I saw it all on my television set and can testify that it is real.

Gather, young ones. let me tell you about mud bowls, late hits, fake spikes and Paul ****ing Maguire. I know - you think this is the stuff of legend, but it's true.

Uncle Bob, Uncle Bob,

Tell them about the Gastineau roughing the passer penalty in 1986 against the Browns.

PLEASE

Do not forget the legendary HC Dick Kotite. Brown paper bags were real popular those days.

Great post.

One of my friends has been bringing his 8 YO to watch the games for the past two years. Poor kid is hooked already. It's like being born to a drug addicted mother.

At half time yesterday everyone was screaming at the father, "Take the kid home" and threatening to report him for child abuse.

Ahhhhh, good times

Who can forget the infamous Neil O'Donnell 2 yard shovel pass that got intercepted and taken to the house (maybe against the Panthers?)

:face:

My neighbor was friends with Neil back in the day too. Nice guy, but was a bum for this team.

:face:

My neighbor was friends with Neil back in the day too. Nice guy, but was a bum for this team.

Yes he was. Inh is first game after the big free agent signing, the Jets got trampled in Denver on opening day.

*Changed the shovel pass to Bubby Brister*

Archived