Considering quitting.

PaJetFan

After 20 years being a DIE HARD fan of the Jets, I'm considering hanging it up....I'll explain....

First let me say that just about everyone here is making great points. I think that the problem is partly Favre's arm is tired, but MORESO it's overall AWFUL coaching. The coaching problem is twofold I believe, both in the personel decisions ie...who is active / inactive and how they are used (Clowney - not enough, Gholston - obviously inept, Leon Washington - NOT ENOUGH TOUCHES) as well as the in game coaching strategies ie...lame / soft defenses, horrible down / distance decisions and when and how many points to go for.

The real question is...How could so many mistakes be made and how could this team be this inept in a year when we are SO LOADED with talent and SO HEALTHY??????!!!!!!! How could we destroy the Titans, pound on the patriots and score 56 points in a game, and then fall apart to BAD teams when it counts?

You can't blame just one person. Sure it mostly goes on Mangini, but he was also responsible for the great wins. Maybe the franchise really is cursed, or maybe the whole attitude of the franchise really is focused more on making $ than winning or a philosophy? I've never really considered those filthy possibilities to be reality, but now I am truly considering a curse/ ulterior franchise motive and I'm questioning why I should bother to continue being a Jets fan. I know its sad, but I just can't make any sense of it. I played high school football 34-4 over three years and college. It just doesn't calculate why unless there is a curse/ conspiracy / or ulterior motive. AND NONE OF THOSE OPTIONS are acceptable to me as a fan. FYI - I've been a die hard fan for 20 years. I'm 31 years old.

I don't think I can waste so much time / money / sanity on this team anymore.

Thanks for listening to my venting! Any suggestions (seriously!) are appreciated.

thanks for all the support guys. I guess the answer isn't to quit or not... It's really to just be more of a laid back fan and check out a game here and there. It honestly seems like the more into the JETS I get, the harder they fall. Thanks for your input. No quitting for me, just a bit more hands off. Better for my long term health. Hey, is there really anything wrong with waiting for the Jets to actually earn it!!!??? They shouldn't get my $, time and passion if they don't put a good product (that at least plays hard) on the field.

i am enjoying watching matty ice!!!!

jets have to cut off head(EM) and find a real coach

sh1t i would take Martyball over this pathetic CS

offer cowher $60M for 5 years!!!!!!!!!

What's not to like about Martyball? Took over 2 crap franchises, and I believe his over all record is 200-124.

No rings yet, but I'll take it

What's not to like about Martyball? Took over 2 crap franchises, and I believe his over all record is 200-124.

No rings yet, but I'll take it

Martyball would be fantastic if he stepped aside and another HC took over once the team got to the playoffs. 8 Division Championships and a 5-13 record in the playoffs... 3 Conference Championship games and no Super Bowl appearance - two of those game were failures so epic, that the games are named (The Drive, The Fumble).

The close-to-the-vest, protect-the-ball-at-all-costs crap doesn't work when all the chips are down and you refuse to break from that mold.

thanks for all the support guys. I guess the answer isn't to quit or not... It's really to just be more of a laid back fan and check out a game here and there. It honestly seems like the more into the JETS I get, the harder they fall. Thanks for your input. No quitting for me, just a bit more hands off. Better for my long term health. Hey, is there really anything wrong with waiting for the Jets to actually earn it!!!??? They shouldn't get my $, time and passion if they don't put a good product (that at least plays hard) on the field.

Dude, it's like drugs. You can't just do a little, it's all or nothing. Believe me, I've tried the "hands off" approach. You'll hear the score on the radio and WHAM your face down in a pile of blow like Scarface.

Next thing you know, a half dozen guys are opening fire on your silly ass.

The next day, you're like "I am never, ever going to do that crap again".

But you will. You will.

After 20 years being a DIE HARD fan of the Jets, I'm considering hanging it up....I'll explain....

I am truly considering a curse/ ulterior franchise motive and I'm questioning why I should bother to continue being a Jets fan. I know its sad, but I just can't make any sense of it. FYI - I've been a die hard fan for 20 years. I'm 31 years old.

I don't think I can waste so much time / money / sanity on this team anymore.

I will be 31 in February. I have been watching this team since I was about 8 and religiously since I was about 11 or 12. I am truly tired and disheartened. I am also strongly considering to make the Jets a much smaller portion of my life.

You know what I never understood?

The Cubs, they're 'lovable losers'...

The Jets, we're just losers...

How do we become more lovable?

Don't charge PSLs, thats one way. Actually show up for games, that's another. Lose because you're just overmatched, not because you just couldn't care less.

The great thing about this season is it will teach our younger fans what it means to be a Jets fan.

They will now understand why we are so bitter.

They will now understand why we dont stand up for 3rd and 5 on defense from our 30 yd line.

They will finally see the light and be bitter angry fans from here on out.

it happens to all of us at some point. Welcome to the club kiddies...

Archived