If the Jets go after Cowher-

Thor99

Who would you like to see as Coordinators?

Mike Martz and Romeo?

Mangini gets fired, and I can't see Romo coming here.

Martz will probably stay in SF I would imagine.... last time we brought up wanting Martz, people on this site went nuts.

Whoever he wants. Let his daughter call the plays on both sides of the ball, she'd probably do a better job than what we have. In all seriousness, I trust his judgement, he is a proven WINNER and whoever he feels is the right man for the job I will support.

That was actually one of my first long posts in regards to Mangini.

According to Boomer Esiason on FAN this morning, Cowher has absolutley ZERO interest in coming to NY to coach the Jets...zero. And who really thinks mangini is getting fired anyway. Tanny is his buddy and Woody doesnt have the spine to demand that he fire him. I am willing to bet its gonna be mangini part 4 in 2009.

While bringing in Cowher would be great, I doubt that it happens. There is no evidence that he is coming back to coach at all, let alone in NY.

Whatever happens, we must replace Mangini with someone who will be running the 3-4 defense. The last thing I want to see right now is yet another change in our defensive base package. Consistency is key, and we haven't had any for quite some time.

According to Boomer Esiason on FAN this morning, Cowher has absolutley ZERO interest in coming to NY to coach the Jets...zero. And who really thinks mangini is getting fired anyway. Tanny is his buddy and Woody doesnt have the spine to demand that he fire him. I am willing to bet its gonna be mangini part 4 in 2009.

That's what I said. Who wants to be HC of such a pathetic organization.

If not Cowher why not give the Giants D coordinator a shot? and not for nothing Boomer knows next to nothing..just like how Favre would never come to the Jets

Boomer sits NEXT to Cowher on the set of NFL Today every Sunday...you dont think the subject may have ever come up???? And he sure sounded like he was talking from direct knowledge. Carton said the answer to the Jets problems rhimed with "Ill Power" and Boomer responded VERY quickly saying "I can tell you he has NO interest in coming here".

Boomer sits NEXT to Cowher on the set of NFL Today every Sunday...you dont think the subject may have ever come up???? And he sure sounded like he was talking from direct knowledge. Carton said the answer to the Jets problems rhimed with "Ill Power" and Boomer responded VERY quickly saying "I can tell you he has NO interest in coming here".

$60M may sway him

Sigh....

Who ever he trusts works for me...

agreed-if Cowher comes to NJ I hope we give him 10 years to fix this thing and win a couple of championships-I am so done with Mister Average Mangini-let him learn how to coach out in somebody else's backyard NOT in New York...Cleveland might be a good place

Whatever happens, we must replace Mangini with someone who will be running the 3-4 defense. The last thing I want to see right now is yet another change in our defensive base package. Consistency is key, and we haven't had any for quite some time.

I don't think that matters. Our personnel still can't run the 3-4, the LBs are too slow and can't cover. They also can't rush the passer. The NT makes the 3-4 work, sure, but you also need a dynamic OLB that can rush the passer and cover the TE. Do you really have faith in Gholston or even Pace being those guys? I don't in all honesty.

The transition to the 4-3 is pretty easy in all honesty.

No offense here, but why would Cowher sign on to coach a team with no quaterback (I am assuming Favre retires)?

Because he is not going to a team for 2-3 years it would be something longer term. Also the Jets would be one trade away from having a quarterback like your boy Cassell, McNabb or who ever

What are Cowhers options if he wants to go back to coaching?

The Browns: Theyre even worse off than the Jets.

The Cowboys: Im sure hell want to deal with Jerry Jones.

49ers: Looks like theyll be going with Singletary.

I dont think he'll want to take over a 4-3 team and convert it. I think the Jets are his best situation out of all the teams that need a coach.

Because he is not going to a team for 2-3 years it would be something longer term. Also the Jets would be one trade away from having a quarterback like your boy Cassell, McNabb or who ever

McNabb? You're kidding, right? Isn't once enough for the "old QB with a track record?" Oh, and btw, McNabbs track record is CHOKING.

You'd be better off with Cassel.

Who would you like to see as Coordinators?

Mike Martz and Romeo?

I think at his stage he would be nuts to come here... as favre is finding out. NY is the most difficult place to play in the NFL the fan and media scrutiny is way beyond what other markets have. Or fanbase is so abused they expect failure and start jeering at the drop of a hat. 5 weeks ago there was a thread called "mangenieus" talking about how he has become toast of the town again, and now he is not fit to be a coach at all in any capacity.

Its tough, i'm not blaming us, we deserve better -

But why somebody with a great coaching history would step away, and then come back to coach here is beyond me. So much to lose with his reputation, and the second these fans smell dissapointment they'll be all over him. He could go somewhere else and be a god, totally trusted and never second guessed. Here he's be second guessed on his choice of socks on a daily basis.

Archived