Tannenbaum

BigOrangeJetFan

Overall, I like very much what he did in the offseason. Wish we could keep him, but cut Mangini loose.

Only complaint, and it is a major one-was the Pennington release.

Did we need the immediate cap room to sign Favre, or could we have waited and traded Penny to Minny?

Had to be within 24 hours. Vikes showed no interest.

Overall, I like very much what he did in the offseason. Wish we could keep him, but cut Mangini loose.

Did we need the immediate cap room to sign Favre, or could we have waited and traded Penny to Minny?

If we didn't cut Pennington we could not have paid Favre. Of course, we could have restructured Favre (bad idea) or cut 4-5 people to make room...

They should have done it at the trading deadline, the year before.

proof please. I think he has done pretty well. The coach on the other hand ..........

His drafting has been SPOTTY at best, he built a GARBAGE secondary and a bunch of LB's who can't cover and he went out and signed no brainier players with woody's money. He's mediocre at best.

Here's the thing though, the Jets were working on the Favre thing so long that they might have had a contingency plan for Chad.

Regardless, who the F care about Chad being in Miami. Worry about their coaching staff, Chad hasn't put together 2 good years in his career I wouldn't expect him to now.

I'm praying they give him a big extension this year. We sent poison to Miami, just like Belichick did to the Jets with Mangini.

You'll see...

I disagree with the people bashing Mike T, but lack the energy right now to debate the point.

The bottom line is that Mike T gave his good friend the team to succeed and Mangini failed him. A competent coaching job would have this team at least 11-4 right now. I wonder if Mike T has the balls to fire his friend.

Tannenbaun is a garbage GM just like his garbage coach.

:rolleyes:

Drafts Leon Washington

Trades for Brett Favre

Trades for Kris Jenkins

Signs Calvin Pace

Signs Alan Faneca

Drafts D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Drafts Nick Mangold

Signs Kenyon Coleman

Signs Tony Richardson

Signs Damien Woody

Resigns Jerricho Cotchery

Resigns Kerry Rhodes

Gets rid of over-rated 43 players (Vilma & Robertson)

His drafting has been SPOTTY at best, he built a GARBAGE secondary and a bunch of LB's who can't cover and he went out and signed no brainier players with woody's money. He's mediocre at best.

Everyone and their brother wanted Gholston at #6. While you can give him a little grief for it, the fact is that was the consensus pick. He also got us Leon Washington in the 4th among others.

:rolleyes:

Drafts Leon Washington

Trades for Brett Favre

Trades for Kris Jenkins

Signs Calvin Pace

Signs Alan Faneca

Drafts D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Drafts Nick Mangold

Signs Kenyon Coleman

Signs Tony Richardson

Signs Damien Woody

Resigns Jerricho Cotchery

Resigns Kerry Rhodes

Gets rid of over-rated 43 players (Vilma & Robertson)

1. He gets ZERO credit for signing players like Faneca and Pace and Trading for Favre and Jenkins. Those were NO BRAINERS.

D'mediocre no 4 overall

Gholston no 6 overall

Entire secondary aisde from Revis sucks

LB's can't cover me or 124

2008 draft with 1 useful player (Keller)

Clemens in the 2nd round

Schleigal in the 3rd

They should have done it at the trading deadline, the year before.

Was thinking that myself. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. But man i feel for you guys if Pennington leads Miami to a win this week. I'm just trying to picture that happening to my team with the clowns (HATED rival) coming back to haunt us. It'd prolly put me over the edge.

Was thinking that myself. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. But man i feel for you guys if Pennington leads Miami to a win this week. I'm just trying to picture that happening to my team with the clowns (HATED rival) coming back to haunt us. It'd prolly put me over the edge.

It never would happen. There is a reason the Steelers have had what? 4 coaches? in the last 50 years?

yes the Jets will keep tannenbaum, and lets not forget, it's the idiot segment of Jets fans who ran Pennington out of town. not to mention that Schotty made him look poor

1. He gets ZERO credit for signing players like Faneca and Pace and Trading for Favre and Jenkins. Those were NO BRAINERS.

D'mediocre no 4 overall

Gholston no 6 overall

Entire secondary aisde from Revis sucks

LB's can't cover me or 124

2008 draft with 1 useful player (Keller)

Clemens in the 2nd round

Schleigal in the 3rd

mike you..... are the reason they got rid of Chad, because you are never happy you think you know better. challenge: pick seven players in the draft and some free agents and see if they are succesful next year. you lose.

Jenkins was far from a no brainer, he was out of shpe and didn't want to play in carolina, Tannenbaum, got a steal for him.

he robbed the bears of thomas jones, a swap of second round picks for the guy, brilliant.

madmike get a clue

mike you..... are the reason they got rid of Chad, because you are never happy you think you know better. challenge: pick seven players in the draft and some free agents and see if they are succesful next year. you lose.

Jenkins was far from a no brainer, he was out of shpe and didn't want to play in carolina, Tannenbaum, got a steal for him.

he robbed the bears of thomas jones, a swap of second round picks for the guy, brilliant.

madmike get a clue

They got rid of Chad because Chad sucks. That was the best thing he's done as Jets GM. I almost hope the Jets lose sunday so I can get the entertainment of seing Chad try to move the ball against the baltimore D. LMAO.

yes the Jets will keep tannenbaum, and lets not forget, it's the idiot segment of Jets fans who ran Pennington out of town. not to mention that Schotty made him look poor

Yes, despite that constant fellating of Pennington by the media, the small segment of fans who see Pennington for what he is had enough power to force the Jets front office to cast him aside for Brett Favre...

Yes, despite that constant fellating of Pennington by the media, the small segment of fans who see Pennington for what he is had enough power to force the Jets front office to cast him aside for Brett Favre...

Haven't you heard, he's been awesome this year! So what if he's 1-5 when the opposing team scores 20 or more. So what if the Dolphins have only beaten a single team with a winning record. Chad is the man... man.

Haven't you heard, he's been awesome this year! So what if he's 1-5 when the opposing team scores 20 or more. So what if the Dolphins have only beaten a single team with a winning record. Chad is the man... man.

and its an even year......

They ahd to be under the cap then? I thought they had some time before the season started to get everything in order....

Either way... it was stupid to cut Chad loose... hell even if you traded him for a 7th rounder 6 years from now... as long as it wasnt in the AFC...

They ahd to be under the cap then? I thought they had some time before the season started to get everything in order....

Either way... it was stupid to cut Chad loose... hell even if you traded him for a 7th rounder 6 years from now... as long as it wasnt in the AFC...

Who cares? Really. If the Jets don't win the division this year it won't be because of Chad Pennington, it will be because of an epic collapse orchestrated by the 3 stooges in your sig.

Miami is succesful because of their coaching staff, not Chad. All of this Chad stuff is ghey. If there's any justice in this world the Jets will beat them on Sunday to silence all this nonsense.

Who cares? Really. If the Jets don't win the division this year it won't be because of Chad Pennington, it will be because of an epic collapse orchestrated by the 3 stooges in your sig.

Miami is succesful because of their coaching staff, not Chad. All of this Chad stuff is ghey. If there's any justice in this world the Jets will beat them on Sunday to silence all this nonsense.

I agree... but it does suck to see him suceed in Miami of all places...

Agreed.

Maybe then we could have ended up with a Joe Flacco.

Yup. I've been saying it since forever but all a Chad Pennington does is prevent you from finding a true answer at the QB position. He's a placeholder, one that can't stay healthy and can't win when he HAS to throw the ball. What's the point. Miami isn't winning a SB and they'll give the guy a big extension this year and he'll handcuff the organization for at least 2 more seasons..

How much better would you feel about the Jets if we had a Flacco or Ryan? Favre will enable us to make a move like that this offseason.

I agree... but it does suck to see him suceed in Miami of all places...

No it doesn't. It's temporary. We all know what's coming for them. The AFC east switches the NFC west and AFC west for the AFC South and NFC south next year. The phins will have a 1st place schedule and play the Steelers and Chargers next year.

Everything broke right for them this season, everything. They will pay for it next year. Just like we did after 2006.

Granted it will be terrible in the short term, specifically if they win the division on our turf, but they'll pay. Ohh yes, they will pay.

Yup. I've been saying it since forever but all a Chad Pennington does is prevent you from finding a true answer at the QB position. He's a placeholder, one that can't stay healthy and can't win when he HAS to throw the ball. What's the point. Miami isn't winning a SB and they'll give the guy a big extension this year and he'll handcuff the organization for at least 2 more seasons..

How much better would you feel about the Jets if we had a Flacco or Ryan? Favre will enable us to make a move like that this offseason.

I dunno. Maybe now that we suck Favre will just get out but you should know that he is the king of handicapping franchises at the QB position.

Look what he done in Green Bay, wasted years of Rodgers career and then forced them to use another high pick on a QB last season because they didn't know what they had in Rogers.

Thankfully he's done as a QB now and he should realise it and retire. He's too old to do to us what he did to GB.

Tennenbaum has done a great job. No GM is perfect. Every single GM has "bust" picks and bad FA signings but MT has had numerous positive additions to the roster. His worst move so far was Gholston but I think he only made that move becasue MadMike said it was the only logical pick at the time.

I dunno. Maybe now that we suck Favre will just get out but you should know that he is the king of handicapping franchises at the QB position.

Look what he done in Green Bay, wasted years of Rodgers career and then forced them to use another high pick on a QB last season because they didn't know what they had in Rogers.

Thankfully he's done as a QB now and he should realise it and retire. He's too old to do to us what he did to GB.

Exactly. Everybody realizes it. If he wants to come back they'll trade him to tampa or another warm weather team.

No it doesn't. It's temporary. We all know what's coming for them. The AFC east switches the NFC west and AFC west for the AFC South and NFC south next year. The phins will have a 1st place schedule and play the Steelers and Chargers next year.

Everything broke right for them this season, everything. They will pay for it next year. Just like we did after 2006.

Granted it will be terrible in the short term, specifically if they win the division on our turf, but they'll pay. Ohh yes, they will pay.

I'm not sure, they seem pretty high on Henne who is a ready made replacement. Hopefully it turns out to be a Kellen Clemens scenario but they might hit something good with him.

I'm not sure, they seem pretty high on Henne who is a ready made replacement. Hopefully it turns out to be a Kellen Clemens scenario but they might hit something good with him.

And Henne, like Clemens, will get no reps in training camp or practice. If there's a god, he'll also have to come in after the Phins are out of the playoff picture and beat up.

It's funny how the same people waxing poetic about Chad's resurgence and what a mistake it was to let him go, are the same ones that still write off Clemens despite the fact that Clemens was playing with the same crappy coaches and Oline last year, with the additional handicaps of having his top two receivers injured and barely on the field together and faced a tougher slate of defenses...

Archived