Would you root for the fins to win this week iff..

Arsis

Would you root for the Dolfags to win if it meant Mangini was fired.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you root for the Dolfags to win if it meant Mangini was fired.

• Yes
    • No

I am rooting for PHins!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully EM will get canned...but as a long time fan i doubt woodrow has the

balls to send him packing

I treated Chad poorly while he was here, said a lot of bad things....He is

good guy....he has played all 16 games this year and deserves to go

to playoffs. took a 1-15 team to 11-5.

My penance will be ovah on sunday...Go Chadwick!!

There is 0 chance that ravens lose at home to a beat up jags team or

the patsies lose to jills.

So F'n shoot me if you disagree

this is one of the most disapointing seasons evah, talk of being #1 or 2 seed to missing playoffs like a choking dog

Phuck U Jests and Mess...ho ho

this is one of the most disapointing seasons evah, talk of being #1 or 2 seed to missing playoffs like a choking dog

All that talk was premature.

Its no slam on the Jets or their fans, but things went hog wild once the Jets won a few games. All NFL teams have problems, but somehow folks just chose to ignore the ones the Jets have.

This is a dead team.

If you cannot get up for a game against Seattle with your season on the line, against a second string OL then you beyond life support.

The Jets have NO SHOT against Miami. How are they going to stop the running game ? Pennington may not even need to throw more than 15 passes on Sunday.

The Dolphins and Pats are playing like teams that want to go to the playoffs. The Jets are playing like a team that has spent the past week at Sean Ellis house.

Miami 31

Jets 7

I couldn't root for the Fish if they were playing the Moscow Dynamo.

Never, never, never could I root for them, unless I needed them to beat someone to help the Jets.

Number 1 on my hate list, followed closely by the Cowpies. The Raiders used to be there, but the stink so bad, I can't hate them anymore.

This is a dead team.

If you cannot get up for a game against Seattle with your season on the line, against a second string OL then you beyond life support.

The Jets have NO SHOT against Miami. How are they going to stop the running game ? Pennington may not even need to throw more than 15 passes on Sunday.

The Dolphins and Pats are playing like teams that want to go to the playoffs. The Jets are playing like a team that has spent the past week at Sean Ellis house.

Miami 31

Jets 7

Good post. This team's SB was the TN game and they've been on cruise control ever since.

I liken this to being 3-12 and playing against the only other 3-12 team during the last week of the season. The loser of the game guarantees themselves 1st pick in the draft while the winner can drop to anywhere from 4th to 5th pick due to there being 2-3 other 4-11 teams who will be 4-12 (just like you) if they lose their final game.

Sometimes rooting for your team to lose IS being a true fan. If it would 100% guarantee that Mangini is fired then I would root for them to lose since I think getting rid of him will be a major step forward for the franchise and that is all I root for .... the franchise as a whole.

Addition by subtraction. Nobody can argue this.

No real Jet fan would ever root for the Dolphags :bag:

We wouldn't be rooting for the Phins, we'd be rooting for what is best for the NY Jets franchise. At this point in time, getting rid of Mangini is what is best. It would have zero to do with rooting for the Dolphins.

I liken this to being 3-12 and playing against the only other 3-12 team during the last week of the season. The loser of the game guarantees themselves 1st pick in the draft while the winner can drop to anywhere from 4th to 5th pick due to there being 2-3 other 4-11 teams who will be 4-12 (just like you) if they lose their final game.

Sometimes rooting for your team to lose IS being a true fan. If it would 100% guarantee that Mangini is fired then I would root for them to lose since I think getting rid of him will be a major step forward for the franchise and that is all I root for .... the franchise as a whole.

Addition by subtraction. Nobody can argue this.

Umm... a 3-12 team doesn't have a chance to sneak into the playoffs with a win and some help.

I will rooting like hell for the Jets to win this week as I do every week. Even if it only means playing spoiler for the Fins. I actually hate the Fins more than the Pats & Giants.

I'm with you 100% . Hell will freeze before I ever root for the Jets to lose.

Umm... a 3-12 team doesn't have a chance to sneak into the playoffs with a win and some help.

I would rather lose Mangini and have the franchise move forward than make the playoffs with this group of imbeciles on our sideline.

Backing into the playoffs during a season where you lost to Oakland (4-11), lost to Seattle (4-11), lost to the 49ers (6-9), and should have lost to the Buffalo Bills (7-8), while also escaping with skin-of-your-teeth victories against the Cincinnati Bengals (3-11-1) and the Kansas City Chiefs (2-13) BOTH AT HOME is in no way a successful season.

Sorry if you can't understand that.

oh please

If it finishes the deal with EM, it will be best thing for org

Big Picture!!!!!!!!!

Big picture my ass. You couldn't be more wrong. If we win we still have a chance to make the playoffs. I can see absolutely no way how you can not root for the Jets. Very very disappointing.

Big picture my ass. You couldn't be more wrong. If we win we still have a chance to make the playoffs. I can see absolutely no way how you can not root for the Jets. Very very disappointing.

Not a personal attack at you, just using your post to quote and say that I am equally baffled at the rest of you who don't think losing Mangini is more important than a tiny, tiny, small glimmer of hope of backing into the playoffs.

We have a team organized to win now and we're not going to accomplish that with this overmatched and in-over-his-head coach who doesn't even know what an in-game adjustment is.

Losing him is more important to the overall well-being of the franchise than backing into the playoffs for this one season IMO.

We wouldn't be rooting for the Phins, we'd be rooting for what is best for the NY Jets franchise. At this point in time, getting rid of Mangini is what is best. It would have zero to do with rooting for the Dolphins.

No way should a Jet fan root for the Dolphags:bag:, coming off a 4-12 season and going to a 10-6 record with a tough schedule that would be significantly better then the previous years record. Yes I am not happy the way the coaching staff does thing and I would not lose sleep if Mangenuis got fired but I would never root for the green and white to lose, lets leave it to the Jets haters.

No way should a Jet fan root for the Dolphags:bag:, coming off a 4-12 season and going to a 10-6 record with a tough schedule that would be significantly better then the previous years record. Yes I am not happy the way the coaching staff does thing and I would not lose sleep if Mangenuis got fired but I would never root for the green and white to lose, lets leave it to the Jets haters.

Ummm

Clayton just reported that Cleve and Woodrow are preparing to offer

Cowher $9M per year

Go Phins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re-read the first sentence of my post you quoted. We wouldn't be rooting for the Phins.

Also,

You think we had a tough schedule?

Oakland - 4-11

Seattle - 4-11

KC - 2-13

STL - 2-13

Cincy - 3-11-1

Buffalo - 7-8

Buffalo - 7-8

49ers - 6-9

San Diego - 7-8

We have only played 6 teams with a winning record while also playing (outside of the Lions) the absolute basement dwellers of the NFL in Kansas City, St. Louis, Oakland, Seattle, and Cincinnati.

I could never root for the Jets to lose and I hope all of you c0ck knockers who are rooting for a Jets loss don't watch the team if they back in to the playoffs and suddenly remember your fandom if they actually show signs of life.

Excuse me!!!!!!!!

for looking at bigger picture

Cowher for $9M per year,,,get it done

If by miracle the jets backin to playoffs, the ravens are going to kick

the living **** out of us

Let's see 1 and done and keepin Pizza face or get Cowher!!!

I could never root for the Jets to lose and I hope all of you c0ck knockers who are rooting for a Jets loss don't watch the team if they back in to the playoffs and suddenly remember your fandom if they actually show signs of life.

Do you agree that the team needs to move on from Mangini? Do you agree he is in over his head, incompetent, and can't make the in-game adjustments necessary to win NFL football games?

If so, you have to remember that the question that kicked off this thread was, "If a loss this weekend 100% guarantees that Mangini is gone ...."

It wasn't:

"Do you want the Jets to lose because you're angry?"

"Do you want the Jets to lose cuz you love Chad?"

"Do you want the Jets to lose cuz you're sick of the same ol' Jets?"

Etc.

The question was, in other words, "If losing this weekend benefits the franchise as a whole, would you rather the team lose?" As a true Jets fan, I can honestly say that my answer is "Yes."

It has nothing to do with rooting for the Phins and everything to do with the betterment of the Jets.

Absolutely not.

I agree with CTM's reasoning. Rather the Pats win the division than the Fins. I've hated the Fins much, much longer than I hated the Pats. I've only hated the Pats in the Belichick era and when he's gone, I'll probably stop hating them.

I've hated the Fins since Shula and BEFORE Marino.

Absolutely not.

I agree with CTM's reasoning. Rather the Pats win the division than the Fins. I've hated the Fins much, much longer than I hated the Pats. I've only hated the Pats in the Belichick era and when he's gone, I'll probably stop hating them.

I've hated the Fins since Shula and BEFORE Marino.

Dude,

Re-think the original posed question though. This is a guarantee Mangini is gone. Again, this would have nothing to do with rooting against your team cuz you're angry, or disapointed, etc. It would also have nothing to do with rooting for the Phins over the Pats or vice versa.

The question was, ".... if it 100% guarantees Mangini is gone?"

I can confidently say that if that were the guaranteed case, I'd be able to root against them while feeling like I am only doing so because of my love for the Jets. I wouldn't view it at all as "rooting for the Phins." It would have everything to do with rooting for the Jets and even if I didn't view it like that, my love for the Jets far outweighs my hatred for the Phins.

Archived