Eric Mangini WILL be the head coach in 2009.

NY JETS 29

I'm not giving the guy a vote of confidence here, but even if we don't make the playoffs this season Eric will be back in 2009. You can start a petition, call the front office, start a fire mangini chant, and piss and moan all you want, but Mangini will be here next season, possibly with an extension. Woody is going to see this thing out with TANGINI and until the ship has really hit rock bottom Eric isn't going anywhere.

I would never argue that this collapse falls onto the shoulders of the coaching staff, because it does, but some of the best struggled even everyones fav. Bill Cowher. Again, I'm not goving him a vote of confidence because I shake my head every Sunday watching him on the sidelines, my point is that he will be back. Woody will give him a vote of confidence shortly after their season is over.

The effort people put out for you on the field is a large part of being a head coach. Have you seen a lot of effort being put out the past few weeks, when the Jets had the division in their hand?

The Jets collapsed last year to 4 victories with no significant injuries outside of Coles late in the season long after the year had become a disaster. This year they broke the bank, got a Hall of Fame QB and lots of other Free Agents and if they lose tomorrow they miss the playoffs. Meanwhile, a rookie coach in Miami takes a 1-15 team, takes our castoff QB and makes the playoffs.

If Favre retires at the end of this year, we have no QB we have confidence in. That's a great place to be after 3 years, isn't it?

Do you really think these facts will be ignored by the owner?

The effort people put out for you on the field is a large part of being a head coach. Have you seen a lot of effort being put out the past few weeks, when the Jets had the division in their hand?

The Jets collapsed last year to 4 victories with no significant injuries outside of Coles late in the season long after the year had become a disaster. This year they broke the bank, got a Hall of Fame QB and lots of other Free Agents and if they lose tomorrow they miss the playoffs. Meanwhile, a rookie coach in Miami takes a 1-15 team, takes our castoff QB and makes the playoffs.

If Favre retires at the end of this year, we have no QB we have confidence in. That's a great place to be after 3 years, isn't it?

Do you really think these facts will be ignored by the owner?

YES, and rewarded with an extension.

I'm not giving the guy a vote of confidence here, but even if we don't make the playoffs this season Eric will be back in 2009. You can start a petition, call the front office, start a fire mangini chant, and piss and moan all you want, but Mangini will be here next season, possibly with an extension. Woody is going to see this thing out with TANGINI and until the ship has really hit rock bottom Eric isn't going anywhere.

I would never argue that this collapse falls onto the shoulders of the coaching staff, because it does, but some of the best struggled even everyones fav. Bill Cowher. Again, I'm not goving him a vote of confidence because I shake my head every Sunday watching him on the sidelines, my point is that he will be back. Woody will give him a vote of confidence shortly after their season is over.

thanks for sh1tting on my snowflake

Definitive statements about the coaching situation can't be made right now.

Seriously, there were many similar threads on this and other Jets boards in January 2006 saying the same thing about Herm.

This is a different situation then with Herm. Mangini will have two winning seasons as a head coach and is slowly implementing his "personel" for his 3-4 defense. Tannenbaum and Mangini will hold serve as their respective jobs in 2009 and Eric may get an extension.

Sutton will be fired or demoted in an attempt to show the fans that the Jets are comitted to making changes.

Eric will be here in 2009.

I can go either way on this one. Coming out so flat in must win games is on the head coach. I agree with what Francessa said and that is if the Jets lose this weekend Mangini should be fired. If the Jets go out and get a 4-3 defensive coach and try to implement a new system it will be another 3-4 years of the same nonsense.

I can go either way on this one. Coming out so flat in must win games is on the head coach. I agree with what Francessa said and that is if the Jets lose this weekend Mangini should be fired. If the Jets go out and get a 4-3 defensive coach and try to implement a new system it will be another 3-4 years of the same nonsense.

Not really... Jenkins and Ellis have both had success in the 4-3... Harris would be fine and I am sure Pace would too... it's not as tough to go back to the 4-3 as it is to start a 3-4... look at teams like the STeelers and Pats that mix in the 4-3 on a regular basis...

Not really... Jenkins and Ellis have both had success in the 4-3... Harris would be fine and I am sure Pace would too... it's not as tough to go back to the 4-3 as it is to start a 3-4... look at teams like the STeelers and Pats that mix in the 4-3 on a regular basis...

Pace is not an everydown 4-3 DE or OLB. Bryan Thomas sucks in a 4-3 and Gholston couldn't play DE or OLB in it either. Not that he can play in a 3-4 either, but he atleast has potential in it.

Pace is not an everydown 4-3 DE or OLB. Bryan Thomas sucks in a 4-3 and Gholston couldn't play DE or OLB in it either. Not that he can play in a 3-4 either, but he atleast has potential in it.

Pace would be fine as a pass rushing DE opposite Ellis... he can share with Devito and Gholston...

Pace ? Jenkins Ellis

? Harris ? ( Bowens as a backup OLB... this is the spot that would need new guys... )

Look at that and you think we are far off right?

Guess what we have now...

Ellis Jenkins ?

Pace ? Harris ?

Just as many weak spots...

Pace would be fine as a pass rushing DE opposite Ellis... he can share with Devito and Gholston...

Pace ? Jenkins Ellis

? Harris ? ( Bowens as a backup OLB... this is the spot that would need new guys... )

Look at that and you think we are far off right?

Guess what we have now...

Ellis Jenkins ?

Pace ? Harris ?

Just as many weak spots...

Pace was a disaster in the 4-3 in Arizona and considered a bust until they switched to a 3-4. He will be John Abraham against the run and provide no pass rush. His benefit is getting him matched up against a RB blitzing or in some sort of stunt/blitz.

Bowens couldn't play OLB. He has been a disaster in coverage this year.

Gholston at DE would be another bad idea. He would get run over by the LT's in this league.

The decision to keep Mangini will be based on one thing and one thing only:

How will it affect PSL sales.

The majority of PSL's will be sold this offseason. If the fan base is turned off to the coaching staff and team they wont buy PSL's

You hire a big name like Cowher and sign Kurt Warner (mvp candidate) and Houshmandzadeh the fans will be re-energized and shell out $$$

Woody cares about one thing: Money. And this offseason will be his biggest shot at making money.

The majority of PSL's will be sold this offseason. If the fan base is turned off to the coaching staff and team they wont buy PSL's

You hire a big name like Cowher and sign Kurt Warner (mvp candidate) and Houshmandzadeh the fans will be re-energized and shell out $$$

Woody cares about one thing: Money. And this offseason will be his biggest shot at making money.

Where do I sign? :lol:

This is a different situation then with Herm. Mangini will have two winning seasons as a head coach and is slowly implementing his "personel" for his 3-4 defense. Tannenbaum and Mangini will hold serve as their respective jobs in 2009 and Eric may get an extension.

Sutton will be fired or demoted in an attempt to show the fans that the Jets are comitted to making changes.

Eric will be here in 2009.

Huh?

Herm had 3 winning seasons in 5 years and won 2 playoff games. In fact, Herm had a better record than Mangini in the same time period.

Jim Fassel led the Giants to the Super Bowl one year, then a couple of years later he misses the playoffs two years in a row because of special teams miscues. He gets fired.

The breakdowns we have been seeing under Mangini are far more significant than special teams screwups on two plays. Nobody questioned Fassel getting fired, why do you think Mangini will keep his job?

Woody Johnson is a multi-billionaire..you think its about money!!

a lil bit special ed.

Mangini will be here next season, possibly with an extension. Woody is going to see this thing out with TANGINI and until the ship has really hit rock bottom Eric isn't going anywhere.

Playing Indy, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Houston, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans instead of this year's patsies should reach a rock bottom of 4-12. Is that bad enough for you?

Jim Fassel led the Giants to the Super Bowl one year, then a couple of years later he misses the playoffs two years in a row because of special teams miscues. He gets fired.

The breakdowns we have been seeing under Mangini are far more significant than special teams screwups on two plays. Nobody questioned Fassel getting fired, why do you think Mangini will keep his job?

Good point and I can't understand why people miss this.

Mangini is showing a fundamental flaw in his coaching. This is not about something he can "grow" about. Mangini as a DC showed evidence of an inability to adjust and passivity. Those are his two biggest faults now. He also refuses to admit his own mistakes. No amount of experience is going to change that.

He's a career losing HC who has gotten worse in his last 2 years compared to his first. That's a negative trend.

Mangini had 3 years to "grow" as a HC and all he did was get worse. He doesn't coach or gameplan like he did in 2006. Because he had nothing to lose in 2006, he was daring but now he coaches scared. Scared coaches don't win in the NFL. That's why his record is 13-18 since 2006.

I agree womangina will be the coach

woody doesn't want to go into the new building coming off a year with a new staff and a new QB, that could be a 3-13 kinda thing, plus the g-men look super again

so

he'll let mangini fire sutton

and don't forget the tannenbaum factor, and we all know he aint going anywhere

Archived