MANGINI IS NO SHULA

jimfire

THEY USE TO SAY THAT SHULA WAS SUCH A GOOD COACH THAT HE COULD BEAT US WITH HIS TEAM AND THEN TAKE OUR TEAM AND BEAT HIS TEAM. I FEEL THE SAME AWAY WITH ALMOST ANY OTHER COACH THAN MANGINI.

IF MOST COACHES HAD OUR TALENT I AM SURE WE WOULD HAVE A MINIMUM 2 MORE WINS.

BELI WOULD DROOL OVER COACHING THE PLAYERS WE HAVE AND HE WOULD DESTROY THE RAG TAG TEAM HE IS PRESENTLY COACHING

THEY USE TO SAY THAT SHULA WAS SUCH A GOOD COACH THAT HE COULD BEAT US WITH HIS TEAM AND THEN TAKE OUR TEAM AND BEAT HIS TEAM. I FEEL THE SAME AWAY WITH ALMOST ANY OTHER COACH THAN MANGINI.

IF MOST COACHES HAD OUR TALENT I AM SURE WE WOULD HAVE A MINIMUM 2 MORE WINS.

BELI WOULD DROOL OVER COACHING THE PLAYERS WE HAVE AND HE WOULD DESTROY THE RAG TAG TEAM HE IS PRESENTLY COACHING

Are you on crack?

There are about 5-10 Jets players that I would like on the Patriots. Maybe, 2-3 of those would be starters.

Here's a novel idea: we grossly overrate our players.

1) None of our LBs can cover

2) None of our WRs have breakaway speed

3) Our QB needs rheumatoid

4) The DL is out of shape

5) We only have one DB that knows how to "cover."

6) Our punter has the touch of a corpse

7) Our TE has a fragile mind

Shall I continue?

Shall I continue?

All fans overrate their team players but you have a point- some of this on the players not all on the coaches!

Shall I continue?

All well and good, but the breakdowns have been across the board. The team has been listless and there's been a tangible drop off in performance since the TN game. That's coaching.

Yes, some of it's coaching — no doubt.

But a lot of it, as the players have said till they are blue in the face, is "execution."

David Harris is in position to break up the TD pass to Carlson.

He is prepared to make that play.

He fails to drop back in time and break it up.

That's on nobody but David Harris.

All fans overrate their team players but you have a point- some of this on the players not all on the coaches!

This true. The best way to judge in my opinion is not based on one game or one season or one player but over time.

If your coach can pick up a player that was cut by another team or get him cheap in a trade because he is has had several bad season and then turn him into a pro-bowler. Likewise if when players that leave your team fail to meet expectations on the new team. Than you have to say the coaching is pretty damn good.

OTOH, if you acquire superstars thru trades and FA and they turn mediocre or if your mediocre players turn superstar when they leave they turning MVPs, than you have to say the coaching sucks.

Is it Gholstons fault he sucks, well ya, but it ain't his fault the Jets wasted a 6th round pick on a player that sucks.

Are you on crack?

There are about 5-10 Jets players that I would like on the Patriots. Maybe, 2-3 of those would be starters.

Revis

Rhodes

Pace

Jenkins

Mangold

Cotchery

All players who would start for New England IMO. You'd obviously also take Leon as well who himself could almost start. I'd also be willing to bet Belichick would have all of them adjusted to the system and playing GREAT football.

We have talent on this team, we're just horrible at using it. I'd also be willing to bet if New England got Vernon Gholston he'd have 8+ sacks this season.

I'd also be willing to bet if New England got Vernon Gholston he'd have 8+ sacks this season.

You would lose.

Gholston never played in a 3 - 4. People are saying Gholston looks lost out on the field. Well, he is. His physical abilty is of little use until he knows where he is going without stopping to think.

The NFL game is more mental.

Gholston was not a need. He was drafted because of raw talent and ability. I'm am positive this coaching staff knew he needed to be developed. He will pay dividends later on. Your GM and coach knew the JETS were talented enough to make a playoff run and be a contender so you draft Gholston and put him away for later on down the road. Now things arnt working out so well with the whole playoff run thing so now in the eyes of most jet fans Gholston is a bust because he did not contribute this year.

Archived