Ghosts

DMaynard

Do you believe in them? Has anybody ever had an "experience"?

I have only had one. I saw "something" that I can't explain many years ago as a teenager. My friends and I used to often go to this place that supposedly had a ghost. It was a railroad track in the Chester/Bartley area in New Jersey. The story goes that this railroad worker lost his arm in a train accident and his ghost was constantly looking for his arm with a lantern. His nickname was the "Hooker Man". All of the times we went there were a lot of other drunk teenagers and people got fooled by car lights and practical jokes. We never saw anything really unusual.

So, at the end of one summer, we decided to go one more time. And we were not drunk. :D This time, there happened to be no one else besides the three of us. It was late at night. We decided to walk from one tressel where I parked my car to the other one. About one third of the way to the other tressel, we saw a very bright light coming up behind us over the tracks. We first thought it was a train and were concerned that we would have to go into the very thick brush on either side of the track to avoid getting hit. But then we realized it was not making any noise. there was no beam of light coming from anywhere. Just a ball of light. And ... it was changing in size and brightness, moving up and down, side to side. It even disappeared for a second or two and came back a few times. It sped up, slowed down, even stopped a couple of times. We quickly went thru the list of everything that it could not be. When we were left with nothing in the known universe, we decided to run for our lives to the other tressel. Now, understand that I was a track sprinter in high school. My two somewhat overweight, completely out of shape friends were staying with me stride for stride. :D

We got to the other tressel and looked back. It had disappeared. Just to be safe, we walked back the long way on the road to get back to my car. I always regretted not staying there to try to find out what it was. I always blame my two friends for starting the panic, even though I was heard to say at the time - "this is no place for cowards - take me home" - I completely deny this allegation. ;)

True story.

I totally believe in the existance of a spirit world. Once I was in a meeting in a church hall and I could sense and feel the presence of a spirit move thru the room behind me. When it got close I swear the temp dropped like 30 degrees in an instant then returned to normal. Eerie.

Archived