Sign in to follow this  
DLJ

**BREAKING NEWS!!**-Teixiera to YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Don't be suprisedto see Manny in pinstripes too.

You know who is REALLY happy right now? ARod. LOL!

Tex doesn't take pressure off AROD, not like Manny would.

Don't be suprisedto see Manny in pinstripes too.

You know who is REALLY happy right now? ARod. LOL!

Of course, the pressure is off him. He can bull**** his way to the playoffs for yet another year ( with the exception of 2007)

Come on Yankees, offer the knockout punch and SIGN MANNY RAMIREZ to 3 years 75 mil!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, the pressure is off him. He can bull**** his way to the playoffs for yet another year ( with the exception of 2007)

2003, 2005, 2007

arod wins MVP in 2009

And a-rod's 2007 = most clutch regular season by a player not named "Ruth" ever

I really wanted Manny but oh well. Lots of pissed off people in puke town, so that's always a positive.

the fact the Sawx wanted this guy desperately (they NEED a power hitter with Fat Papi falling off the face of the earth) makes it even better

c-do we still have Molina???

1st-tex

2nd-cano

ss-jeter

3rd-arod

cf-damon/melk man

rf-matsui/melky

lf-nady

DH-matsui (or Manny)

OH YEAH AND WHO CAN FORGET C.C., JOBA, A.J. AND WANG? hahahahahaha :cheers:

i hope this baseball season doesnt end up like the Jets season.. alot of moves in the off-season for nothing

I agree.

WORLD SERIES OR BUST!

I agree.

WORLD SERIES OR BUST!

World Series WIN or bust...

the yankees and jets are 180 degrees in historical similarities

nobody can have as bad luck as the Jets....besides a baseball team who's name RHYMES with Jets

Go rays!!!!!!!!!!

this is why basball blows!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be the big toe again next year, afo?

The Yanks are certainly showing restraint in their operations. I guess the mantra from Cashman expressed last year is out the window.

Gonna be the big toe again next year, afo?

lol

hey Bob, over under 95 wins for these boys?

and over -under 81 for the Rays?

i take over on NY and under on the Rays

The Yanks are certainly showing restraint in their operations. I guess the mantra from Cashman expressed last year is out the window.

Missing the playoffs pissed the Steinbrenners off. Now, all we need is a manager.

Missing the playoffs pissed the Steinbrenners off. Now, all we need is a manager.

It has proven over and over as a warning to you yankee fans to put together a bunch of free agents at high salaries does not provide many championships. Just be careful what you wish for in bringing all these guys in.

It has proven over and over as a warning to you yankee fans to put together a bunch of free agents at high salaries does not provide many championships. Just be careful what you wish for in bringing all these guys in.

You know what though. I'd rather be a fan of a team that wants to spend the bucks to perhaps improve their team. Sitting back and watch some other team would bug me...as I'm sure the majority of fans of other teams feel but will never admit.

Plus, the Yanks still have a crop of potential stars in their minor league system that they haven't given up. I'll take the Yankees chances of going into the post season next year.

ok....and what does growing in farm players (wright, reyes) do?

leads to collapses...that's what

i'd rather be the team who gets the best available player than the over-rated closer who's arm may fall off within a few years with that violent throwing motion ;)

You know what though. I'd rather be a fan of a team that wants to spend the bucks to perhaps improve their team. Sitting back and watch some other team would bug me...as I'm sure the majority of fans of other teams feel but will never admit.

Plus, the Yanks still have a crop of potential stars in their minor league system that they haven't given up. I'll take the Yankees chances of going into the post season next year.

I agree you can not fault the Yanks for not trying to win- more than 90 per cent of the teams out there-just reminding everyone that throwing lots of money at free agents has rarely worked.

This is a great signing id much rather have Manny Ramirez or better yet sign them both and destroy baseball some more.

Destroy baseball? In what way? Yanks haven't won a WS title since 2000...plus the Yanks are not breaking any rules by spending their own money.

MLB setup these guidelines and the Yankees are taking advantage of it.

This is the best possible offensive improvement for the Yankees. They were hopefully just using Manny as a smokescreen to help get this deal done.

Tex wanted the Yankees, and the Yankees had a perfect spot for Tex.

Match made in heaven. Swish can play the OF.

Awesome.

What number will he wear?

Im actually a big Yankee fan and I also want Manny too. Baseball needs a salary cap in the worst way. I have no problem with the Yankees buying a championship I wish the Jets could do the same.

This is the best possible offensive improvement for the Yankees. They were hopefully just using Manny as a smokescreen to help get this deal done.

Tex wanted the Yankees, and the Yankees had a perfect spot for Tex.

Match made in heaven. Swish can play the OF.

Awesome.

What number will he wear?

Why not his own number...25. Giambi is el gone o.

Why not his own number...25. Giambi is el gone o.

maybe we can sign giambi* as a DH backup to matsui

Yep. This is a great signing while expensive. All that crap last year about budgets and building from within was BS.

Yep. This is a great signing while expensive. All that crap last year about budgets and building from within was BS.

I mean they've still cut about $20 million from the payroll and will cut another $30-$40 million more next year.

This is a great signing id much rather have Manny Ramirez or better yet sign them both and destroy baseball some more.

I'll say it again.

MANNY DOES NOT FIT IN THIS TEAM. THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT HIM. HE IS NOT A DRAMATICALLY BETTER HITTER THAN AROD OR TEIXIERA.

I'll say it again.

MANNY DOES NOT FIT IN THIS TEAM. THERE IS NO PLACE TO PUT HIM. HE IS NOT A DRAMATICALLY BETTER HITTER THAN AROD OR TEIXIERA.

Manny Ramirez is the best pure hitter in baseball. He brings a whole new dimension to the game of baseball. Like him or not the man can swing a bat. Besides this would totally screw the RedSox.