**BREAKING NEWS!!**-Teixiera to YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Vudu

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean they've still cut about $20 million from the payroll and will cut another $30-$40 million more next year.

They didn't "cut" payroll. Bad contracts expired and were replaced with more long term contracts. Money will still be spent THIS off season on players due arbitration AND on a 5th starter. They will also likely replace every bit of any money that comes off next year.

Nothing wrong with it. Just not a fan of the Yankee PR machine that dished out all that nonsense last year and it's fans that backed it as gospel.

Bottom Line:

Yankees got the player the Red Sox wanted. End of story.

Sox were not going to go over 180 - Yankees must have gone 190 or something. Sox got cash - but not Yankee cash. Don't be suprised if they sign Manny too. Freakin' lethal!

The New York Post has learned that Boston's final bid for Mark Teixeira was $168 million over eight years.

$12 million less than what the Yankees paid. Boston might also have been held back by its refusal to give out no-trade clauses. The Red Sox surely would have rather seen Teixeira go to Washington than to the Yankees, but the current regime doesn't worry about what New York is doing as much as the older ones did. It's believed the Nationals were at $180 million for nine years for Teixeira. The Orioles probably never budged from seven years and $140 million-$150 million.

Source: New York Post

To all the HATERS, the Yankees took 80+ million off the books from last year. They haven't even hit that mark yet. Keep hating. Boston , The Angels Taco salesman, and Bmore have the money to match the offer, and they did not. Plain and simple. I would rather have Manny, but I don't make the decisions. I hope he is worth the money.

To all the HATERS, the Yankees took 80+ million off the books from last year. They haven't even hit that mark yet. Keep hating. Boston , The Angels Taco salesman, and Bmore have the money to match the offer, and they did not. Plain and simple. I would rather have Manny, but I don't make the decisions. I hope he is worth the money.

You might get Manny too!

The New York Post has learned that Boston's final bid for Mark Teixeira was $168 million over eight years.

$12 million less than what the Yankees paid. Boston might also have been held back by its refusal to give out no-trade clauses. The Red Sox surely would have rather seen Teixeira go to Washington than to the Yankees, but the current regime doesn't worry about what New York is doing as much as the older ones did. It's believed the Nationals were at $180 million for nine years for Teixeira. The Orioles probably never budged from seven years and $140 million-$150 million.

Source: New York Post

It is a good move by the Yanks.

They might finally be upto the Sox level now. Maybe.

Yawn. The Yankees never really do learn do they. They won't win the World Series this season and all of the spending will be for naught. Paid someone like an MVP who has never finished higher than 7th in the voting. Enjoy it now Yankees fans.

sounds like we got a cry-baby here

if the red sox get Tex, crazy carl's post looks something like this:

WOOPEE!

Yawn. The Yankees never really do learn do they. They won't win the World Series this season and all of the spending will be for naught. Paid someone like an MVP who has never finished higher than 7th in the voting. Enjoy it now Yankees fans.

So, it really shouldn't bother you then what the Yanks spend.

They just said on ESPN , the yankees outbid the Sux by 1.5 million a year. What does the RSN have to say about that ?

Sounds like he knew which team would be the real contender and went there... if you promised him a title he would take 1.5mil a year less....

Manny Ramirez is the best pure hitter in baseball. He brings a whole new dimension to the game of baseball. Like him or not the man can swing a bat. Besides this would totally screw the RedSox.

It would? I wasn't aware the Sox were planning to bring Manny back...

Plenty of teams have won without Manny. In fact, more have won without him than with. Get over it. He can hit, but he isn't a fit.

Pfft

Sox are a flash in the pan... Yanks are a long term success...

Whats the title tally for the last century?

Really? If by long term you are talking 10 years ago. Yeah.

Recent? Sox are by far more successful. The Yankees just dropped a half billion dollars (almost) and they are getting to the Sox' level. Your starting rotation is still CC, AJ, Wang and praying for rain. After the great one, you have the 5 million dollar bullpen backing up the 132 million line-up. See a problem?

Manny Ramirez is the best pure hitter in baseball. He brings a whole new dimension to the game of baseball. Like him or not the man can swing a bat. Besides this would totally screw the RedSox.

and Man-rammer also wants a 4 year deal

i'd LOVE manny for the next two years....3rd may be pushing it but possible

but 4? no

It is a good move by the Yanks.

They might finally be upto the Sox level now. Maybe.

That's funny. Well, maybe not to the younger Yankees fans, but it is to me. Your recent success is on par with the Marlins. You both have won the same amount of rings over the past 11 seasons. You have good company.

The Sox didn't improve this off season so far...Yanks did more than enough on paper to once again prove to the baseball world that they are the team to challenge the Rays in the AL East. Notice I didn't say they are the team to beat. I give the Rays that distinction since they are the reigning champs of that division.

Really? If by long term you are talking 10 years ago. Yeah.

Recent? Sox are by far more successful. The Yankees just dropped a half billion dollars (almost) and they are getting to the Sox' level. Your starting rotation is still CC, AJ, Wang and praying for rain. After the great one, you have the 5 million dollar bullpen backing up the 132 million line-up. See a problem?

The Yankees are a team that will have ups and downs but always go on runs and win titles, the red sox are not.

That's funny. Well, maybe not to the younger Yankees fans, but it is to me. Your recent success is on par with the Marlins. You both have won the same amount of rings over the past 11 seasons. You have good company.

The Sox didn't improve this off season so far...Yanks did more than enough on paper to once again prove to the baseball world that they are the team to challenge the Rays in the AL East. Notice I didn't say they are the team to beat. I give the Rays that distinction since they are the reigning champs of that division.

They haven't, but who finished ahead of who?

I am not knocking your signings. CC and Teixeria were very nice signings. CC and AJ were not additions to the team that finished behind the Sox. They replaced 34 wins in Moose and Petite.

Teixeria is a nice addition, but he is replacing Giambi's bat. Power numbers are a push, but it is an upgrade in as much as Teixera is a better hitter and provides Gold Glove Defense. I think your offense is better, but is it 60 runs better? Ehhhh.

I would agree with you though. IMHO the Rays step back, but they are the team to beat. The Yankees are better, but this is not the Yankees of 98 that were leaps and bounds better then everyone. With those sloid additions, they are getting back to the pack.

LOL

these red sox fans are silly. 5 years makes up for 85? lolz

The Yankees are a team that will have ups and downs but always go on runs and win titles, the red sox are not.

Dude..........look at the more recent and relevant scoreboard. Sox 2 Yankees 0. You can go rub one out at the Yankee Walk of Fame with Roiding Rog'ah. Your team has not won since Clinton was in the White House.

Dude..........look at the more recent and relevant scoreboard. Sox 2 Yankees 0. You can go rub one out at the Yankee Walk of Fame with Roiding Rog'ah. Your team has not won since Clinton was in the White House.

Whats the average gap between titles for the 2 teams?

The thing with the Yankees is they were historically better and will be recently better soon enough... the Sox... not so much...

You can be fairly positive that Scott Boras went back and gave the Red Sox the option of topping the Yanks bid.

He is not one to let negotiating leverage go, until someone says "no".

Boras is ALL about what is in the best interests of his player. He is one agent that would never let money get in the way of happiness. :winking0001:

I have no problem with the Yankees throwing everything in the face of the average American citizen and spending their money foolishly. And I could care less how much they are spending now. If you look over the last few winners of World Series, they are won with homegrown talent coming to fruition combined with a select crop of role players who do their jobs well. Not the best free agents and the most overpaid players. The Yankees as an organization are doing it completely backwards again (like they did with A-Rod et al) and you all are buying into it. Well you're buying into it if you can afford to take your family to a game at the new Yankee Stadium, which you're also buying into!

They haven't, but who finished ahead of who?

I am not knocking your signings. CC and Teixeria were very nice signings. CC and AJ were not additions to the team that finished behind the Sox. They replaced 34 wins in Moose and Petite.

Teixeria is a nice addition, but he is replacing Giambi's bat. Power numbers are a push, but it is an upgrade in as much as Teixera is a better hitter and provides Gold Glove Defense. I think your offense is better, but is it 60 runs better? Ehhhh.

I would agree with you though. IMHO the Rays step back, but they are the team to beat. The Yankees are better, but this is not the Yankees of 98 that were leaps and bounds better then everyone. With those sloid additions, they are getting back to the pack.

The run production should improve big time, providing Posada and Matsui are healthy. And you're right about this not being the Yankees of '98. This is a team "paid" to win...we'll just have to wait and see if Girardi is the driving force to accomplish it...I have no faith in him up to this point.

Whats the average gap between titles for the 2 teams?

The thing with the Yankees is they were historically better and will be recently better soon enough... the Sox... not so much...

The Yankees do have a far richer history. No doubt. However that history and run of titles is nearly a decade removed. 10 years. You know about a quarter as long as the Jets drought.

The Sox are the better run franchise. They have to be to compete with the Yankees. They can not just throw bad money at mistakes.

If the Yankees had a plan, they could have bagged Johan last year for Hughes and then signed CC and company. However, they flip flop between building from within and throwing money at FAs. I am glad the Yankees are continuing on their rudderless course.

Archived