New or Less Know Bands

New York Mick

Though not new, this tune--Your Beauty Divine--by the Norwegian band Extol is one of the best pieces of rock music I have heard in a long time. I love their use of harmony and counterpoint over that sledge hammers-meet-shotguns sound. (The section of the song at approx. 2:48 in is just unbelievably uplifting and soaring. I plug in my axe every time I hear it.) Especially when you consider that they are in the Christian (Death/Thrash?) Metal genre, whatever the f**k that is. LOL. They broke up a few years ago, but you might want to check out some of their stuff.

eZrNP223tK4

Five Finger Death Punch - I like this band, good find.

Stone Roses - Not really my style of music but if I was in the right frame of mind I'd would listen to them.

Van Canto - I love this style of music (Epica, Nightwish, Kamelot, Theatre Of Tragedy, ect). I wish more American bands would do this.

Your Beauty Divine - Good musicians but I don't really listen to death metal unless I'm at a show, hard to get good sound out PC speakers.

You might like VOLBEAT... Hard to describe the style, Metal and Roll comes closest, I think.

They are heavily influenced by 50's Rock and Roll and the likes of Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash, but also bands like Metallica among others.

They tour The States starting in May and will be in New York @ The Nokia Theater May 2nd, 2009.

You can find a most of the tracks from their 2 albums so far, on Youtube.

Here's a tribute to Cash and his Folsom Prison Blues...

5mV_HHL-h6g

The Redwalls , have a stones/kinks/beatles/dylan thing going on.. couldnt find any good videos of the songs I wanted to show you so here's "Hangman"

BKv57ukdvbE

I just got into this brand new band.. more of a beach boys sound, Hacienda - Officer

im474N_7H7E

Been listening to this really great band for a few months: Buffalo Killers - SS Nowhere

ziOu16T7CMc

Archived