This is so I really follow through on this...

madmike1

If the jets don't fire this awful coach and his entire staff aside from Westhoff I will NOT renew my season tickets.

I agree with you, I want to see that happen if the Jets don't make the playoffs. I'm willing to bet all my v-cash though that it won't happen, even if we lose to Miami, this clown and his whole crew will come back. Woody is going to have to figure out SOME way to apologize though or else next year the revenue loss will be tremendous.

I'm no fan of Mangini at all and want to see him gone in the off-season but I can't see him getting fired. I think we'll go through the same old **** for the next season or two dwindling in the realms of mediocrity before FINALLY we'll realise that Mangini isn't the guy. At that point there'll probably be very few good HC candidates available (even if there is we won't get one) and the cycle begins all over again. That's what the Jets are all about.

What I hope happens - Mangini and his partners in crime, Sutton and Schotty) get run the **** out of there and we bring in Rex Ryan or Bill Cowher.

I'm torn. Part of me feels like Mangini will show his true colors today and prove to be the worthless bum he is and have the team uninspired and unprepared to play and lose another big game. However, another part of me fears, since we are the Jets, the exact opposite of what is best for this franchise will happen and both New England and Baltimore will win to keep us out regardless, but we will find some way to win to save this piece of sh*t's job.

I hope Miami embarrases us for the overall good of the Jets' organization.

I'm torn. Part of me feels like Mangini will show his true colors today and prove to be the worthless bum he is and have the team uninspired and unprepared to play and lose another big game. However, another part of me fears, since we are the Jets, the exact opposite of what is best for this franchise will happen and both New England and Baltimore will win to keep us out regardless, but we will find some way to win to save this piece of sh*t's job.

pretty much....

pretty much....

I'm sure others feel the same way as us but are just afraid to let it be known here because they wouldn't dare admit they are rooting for the Jets to lose. God forbid they not be viewed as a "real fan."

I can honestly say with 100% certainty that the ONLY REASON I am rooting for the Jets to lose today is BECAUSE I am a real fan and will root for anything that is good for the organization as a whole and not my selfish desire to (maybe) see 1 playoff game in 2008.

Backing into the playoffs with a team and coaching staff that doesn't belong being there is not what is best for the NY Jets Football. Ditching this clueless, worthless, in-over-his-head head coach however IS what is best for NY Jets Football. Why others can't recognize, admit, and follow through with that is beyond me.

Backing into the playoffs with a team and coaching staff that doesn't belong being there is not what is best for the NY Jets Football. Ditching this clueless, worthless, in-over-his-head head coach however IS what is best for NY Jets Football. Why others can't recognize, admit, and follow through with that is beyond me.

The NY Giants beat one team with a winning record last year - the 9-7 Washington Redskins. The Jets have beat New England, Miami (hopefully x2), the Titans and Arizona (who clinched a playoff spot weeks ago). If the Bills win today they will be an 8-8 team having lost to us twice. Many people believed that the Bills were a legit team when we beat them the first time we faced them this year.

The Jets lost 4 games on the west coast against inferior competition. The Jets are 9-2 when playing anywhere but the west coast. Denver and New England are the only 2 losses against teams with a shot at the playoffs that we had this year. If the Jets make the playoffs they have already proven that they can play with the big boys. Lucky for them the craptacular teams that the Jets normally play down to do not make the playoffs.

If they can make the playoffs I believe that the Jets have a puncher's chance and I want to see them have a shot in the playoffs.

The NY Giants beat one team with a winning record last year - the 9-7 Washington Redskins. The Jets have beat New England, Miami (hopefully x2), the Titans and Arizona (who clinched a playoff spot weeks ago). If the Bills win today they will be an 8-8 team having lost to us twice. Many people believed that the Bills were a legit team when we beat them the first time we faced them this year.

The Jets lost 4 games on the west coast against inferior competition. The Jets are 9-2 when playing anywhere but the west coast. Denver and New England are the only 2 losses against teams with a shot at the playoffs that we had this year. If the Jets make the playoffs they have already proven that they can play with the big boys. Lucky for them the craptacular teams that the Jets normally play down to do not make the playoffs.

If they can make the playoffs I believe that the Jets have a puncher's chance and I want to see them have a shot in the playoffs.

Good post. If you make it you have a chance regardless.

Now I don't think we'll make it and I don't think we'll do anything if we get there. Simply because I don't trust the coach or the QB to take us all the way. That being said we'd have a chance, albeit a small one.

Mangini is still a clown though.

jets make the play-offs and mangini is outcoached.....BADLY. of course i'd like to see the jest make the play-offs and go one to the superbowl. but it's just not going to happen. we need to change the culture of this team. mangini has been a square peg in a round hole since he got here. he hasn't shown any ability to coach his players up or adapt his scheme to his players strengths. he forece-fed a 3-4 on a team that just didn't have the personell to run it.....amd now that he's got his guys, he still can't get the defense to run correctly. the guy is nothing more than a glorified ball-boy living off the coattails of bellichick. HE NEEDS TO GO.

This is by FAR the best reasoning I have seen posed for the Jets making the playoffs all week long. I can't lie and say I don't see where you are coming from, we will however have to agree to disagree. All you mentioned above is true, but you leave out how some of these wins happened, ie: Us winning these games IN SPITE OF our coaching staff and not because of them.

I will spare you the Oakland, Seattle, and San Francisco talk. I will spare you a discussion about how we got embarrassed by New England in our home opener when they were playing their first game in 7 years without the league MVP Tom Brady. I will also spare you how we barely beat the 3-11-1 Cincinnati Bengals and the 2-13 Kansas City Chiefs on our own home turf. They are all examples of terrible coaching but they have all been discussed numerous times.

The Miami victory you mention, the Arizona victory you mention, and the New England victory you mention are all games where we opened up huge leads and should have had our 3rd stringers playing in the 4th quarter. However, due to miserable, miserable coaching, we needed a last second INT in the end zone to seal the Miami victory after being up 20 points, we needed a TD with 5 minutes left to seal the Arizona game after leading the game 35-0 at halftime, and we needed an overtime FG to beat the Pats after dominating them into a 24-3 lead.

While there are no moral victories, you can surely look terrible in a win or look great in a loss. We have looked terrible in all of our losses and we have looked terrible in a lot of our wins also and it is always due to Mangini doing stupid, stupid things.

We need to move on from him. Again, if he hasn't developed a feel enough for the game after playing it his entire life (and in college), and now being a coach in some capacity for 10+ years he simply never will. That is what in-game adjustments are about, feel, and he lacks that 6th sense if you will.

This is by FAR the best reasoning I have seen posed for the Jets making the playoffs all week long. I can't lie and say I don't see where you are coming from, we will however have to agree to disagree. All you mentioned above is true, but you leave out how some of these wins happened, ie: Us winning these games IN SPITE OF our coaching staff and not because of them.

I will spare you the Oakland, Seattle, and San Francisco talk. I will spare you a discussion about how we got embarrassed by New England in our home opener when they were playing their first game in 7 years without the league MVP Tom Brady. I will also spare you how we barely beat the 3-11-1 Cincinnati Bengals and the 2-13 Kansas City Chiefs on our own home turf. They are all examples of terrible coaching but they have all been discussed numerous times.

The Miami victory you mention, the Arizona victory you mention, and the New England victory you mention are all games where we opened up huge leads and should have had our 3rd stringers playing in the 4th quarter. However, due to miserable, miserable coaching, we needed a last second INT in the end zone to seal the Miami victory after being up 20 points, we needed a TD with 5 minutes left to seal the Arizona game after leading the game 35-0 at halftime, and we needed an overtime FG to beat the Pats after dominating them into a 24-3 lead.

While there are no moral victories, you can surely look terrible in a win or look great in a loss. We have looked terrible in all of our losses and we have looked terrible in a lot of our wins also and it is always due to Mangini doing stupid, stupid things.

We need to move on from him. Again, if he hasn't developed a feel enough for the game after playing it his entire life (and in college), and now being a coach in some capacity for 10+ years he simply never will. That is what in-game adjustments are about, feel, and he lacks that 6th sense if you will.

I certainly agree that our coaching staff leaves a great deal to be desired. They have made games that would appear to be laughers at half-time close. They have let inferior talent beat us and have played down to the level of terrible teams.

They do not seem to understand the value of a pass rush and they do not seem to utilize our gun slinger or our change of pace game changer the right way. We have a legendary QB who made a living with short and mid range bullet passes and he is throwing down field to WRs who can't get seperation. We have a RB who leads the league in 40+ yard plays and he touches the ball once or twice a game on offense. They have a playmaker on defense who are playing down field and are basically out of the play before it starts. They have legitimate pass rushers who are never asked to rush the passer. The flaws are obvious and a majority are coaching related.

Regardless of a win today or a shot at the playoffs I honestly will lose complete faith in the front office and the ownership if they can't see that EM and company are currently the problem. Can EM develop into a good head coach... maybe. Do we have the talent level to be a legit contender... absolutely. You don't let a kid learn to drive in a new Corvette so you don't let a head coach learn on the job with a team that has 12 win talent.

If Tanny and Woody can't see this by now a loss here won't change their minds IMO. If they make it to the playoffs maybe they can get on a roll like they were on mid-season and anything can happen.

I'm sure others feel the same way as us but are just afraid to let it be known here because they wouldn't dare admit they are rooting for the Jets to lose. God forbid they not be viewed as a "real fan."

I can honestly say with 100% certainty that the ONLY REASON I am rooting for the Jets to lose today is BECAUSE I am a real fan and will root for anything that is good for the organization as a whole and not my selfish desire to (maybe) see 1 playoff game in 2008.

Normally I'd agree with you, but not a loss like this. Losing Sunday and having the noodle arm celebrate on our home field, losing Sunday and having the national media pick up stories of how even Brett Favre could even save this ****heel franchise is the type of loss that can bring about Kotite years..

We have to win and knock the Phins out in order to preserve some positive momentum.

I certainly agree that our coaching staff leaves a great deal to be desired. They have made games that would appear to be laughers at half-time close. They have let inferior talent beat us and have played down to the level of terrible teams.

They do not seem to understand the value of a pass rush and they do not seem to utilize our gun slinger or our change of pace game changer the right way. We have a legendary QB who made a living with short and mid range bullet passes and he is throwing down field to WRs who can't get seperation. We have a RB who leads the league in 40+ yard plays and he touches the ball once or twice a game on offense. They have a playmaker on defense who are playing down field and are basically out of the play before it starts. They have legitimate pass rushers who are never asked to rush the passer. The flaws are obvious and a majority are coaching related.

Regardless of a win today or a shot at the playoffs I honestly will lose complete faith in the front office and the ownership if they can't see that EM and company are currently the problem. Can EM develop into a good head coach... maybe. Do we have the talent level to be a legit contender... absolutely. You don't let a kid learn to drive in a new Corvette so you don't let a head coach learn on the job with a team that has 12 win talent.

If Tanny and Woody can't see this by now a loss here won't change their minds IMO. If they make it to the playoffs maybe they can get on a roll like they were on mid-season and anything can happen.

Again. Solid post. I just hold out hope that if we get embarrassed by a division rival, on our home field, in (another) must-win game, by our old QB who this coaching staff put out to pasture, that the sum of all these parts plus the need to sell PSLs will push everything over the limit and assure Mangini a one way ticket out of town. That is what is necessary for this organization to take a step forward.

If we win today's game I see no chance of it happening and that is why, as a Jets' fan, I feel I MUST root for us to lose today.

Normally I'd agree with you, but not a loss like this. Losing Sunday and having the noodle arm celebrate on our home field, losing Sunday and having the national media pick up stories of how even Brett Favre could even save this ****heel franchise is the type of loss that can bring about Kotite years..

We have to win and knock the Phins out in order to preserve some positive momentum.

I'm not calling YOU selfish, but every reason you just listed right there on why you want us to win IS a selfish reason.

- not wanting to have to see Chad, who you, I, and plenty of other Jets' fans loath celebrate on our home field

- national media printing stories about the "same ol' Jets"

Etc.

I don't give a damn about that. If that is what is necessary for this organization to move forward then so be it. Bring it on. I'll take the punishment now if it assures (at least the chance) of a brighter future.

Would you rather not see Chad celebrate, not read "same ol' Jets" stories, but then have Mangini back next year looking and acting ridiculous, not making any in-game adjustments, losing to inferior teams, giving games away when we have controlling leads, rushing 3 at inexperienced QBs, not giving Leon Washington the ball, giving into all of Laveraneus Coles' crying, publicly demeaning talented rookies, having no faith in his OLine and Kicker despite their terrific seasons, etc, etc, etc.

I'd much rather see Chad celebrate and read some "same ol' Jets" stories in the newspaper to assure that all the above is gone from plaguing this team for antoher season and beyond.

Again. Solid post. I just hold out hope that if we get embarrassed by a division rival, on our home field, in (another) must-win game, by our old QB who this coaching staff put out to pasture, that the sum of all these parts plus the need to sell PSLs will push everything over the limit and assure Mangini a one way ticket out of town. That is what is necessary for this organization to take a step forward.

If we win today's game I see no chance of it happening and that is why, as a Jets' fan, I feel I MUST root for us to lose today.

If the front office can't see what the problem is by now we have much bigger problems. You can't close out your season by letting our biggest rival win he division on our turf with a noodle arm QB that we ran out of town.

Sometimes a jockey wins a horse race and sometimes it is just the horse who wins it. Our jockey sucks donkey testicles but our horse can certainly run with the field. I am willing to see if they can continue to win despite horrid coaching in the playoffs.

If the front office can't see what the problem is by now we have much bigger problems. You can't close out your season by letting our biggest rival win he division on our turf with a noodle arm QB that we ran out of town.

Sometimes a jockey wins a horse race and sometimes it is just the horse who wins it. Our jockey sucks donkey testicles but our horse can certainly run with the field. I am willing to see if they can continue to win despite horrid coaching in the playoffs.

I understand. Thanks for the discussion.

I must admit though. If the Bills find some way to win at 1pm today, I doubt I will be able to follow through with all that I am claiming. If the Bills lose at 1pm I surely will be rooting for the Jets to lose at 4pm. If the Bills do miraculously win at 1pm though, the masochist in me will be rooting for the Jets even if I don't feel it is right. :bag:

"***** my life!" ;)

yeah but it's just this type of humiliating loss that may just get this team to move forward. what could really seal the deal is mangini making yet another retarded coaching decision en route to losing. then again maybe i'm giving that pu*sy woody too much credit.

I understand. Thanks for the discussion.

I must admit though. If the Bills find some way to win at 1pm today, I doubt I will be able to follow through with all that I am claiming. If the Bills lose at 1pm I surely will be rooting for the Jets to lose at 4pm. If the Bills do miraculously win at 1pm though, the masochist in me will be rooting for the Jets even if I don't feel it is right. :bag:

"***** my life!" ;)

y'knwo i say al this stuff. but when the bills/pats game is going i will be rooting for the pansies to lose.....which, like you say, will inevitably lead to me rooting for the jets to beat the phags.

y'knwo i say al this stuff. but when the bills/pats game is going i will be rooting for the pansies to lose.....which, like you say, will inevitably lead to me rooting for the jets to beat the phags.

At least we can admit that also. ;)

Even if that happens Mangini is not getting fired. Right or wrong, he has not even used his coordinator firing excuse yet.

Guys, be realistic. Woody has not yet fired a head coach and he ain't starting by firing his boy Eric.

He let Herm throw Cotrell under the bus after a 6-10 season with an ancient defense and he let Herm throw Hackett under the bus after a 10-6 season that we won a playoff game after.

Mangini will be given at least a year with Rob Ryan as his DC and a new OC.

Rooting against the Jets today is a futile gesture if its because you want Mangini gone.

#6 seeds-like the Giants and Steelers-have won it all. You don't poormouth a playoff berth, what ever doubts or reservations you have(and with this last 4 games, they are legion!).

If at 7:30 tonight the Jets are outside looking in, different story. Unleash Hell on these imbeciles, spare Westhoff.

I'm not calling YOU selfish, but every reason you just listed right there on why you want us to win IS a selfish reason.

- not wanting to have to see Chad, who you, I, and plenty of other Jets' fans loath celebrate on our home field

- national media printing stories about the "same ol' Jets"

Etc.

I don't give a damn about that. If that is what is necessary for this organization to move forward then so be it. Bring it on. I'll take the punishment now if it assures (at least the chance) of a brighter future.

Would you rather not see Chad celebrate, not read "same ol' Jets" stories, but then have Mangini back next year looking and acting ridiculous, not making any in-game adjustments, losing to inferior teams, giving games away when we have controlling leads, rushing 3 at inexperienced QBs, not giving Leon Washington the ball, giving into all of Laveraneus Coles' crying, publicly demeaning talented rookies, having no faith in his OLine and Kicker despite their terrific seasons, etc, etc, etc.

I'd much rather see Chad celebrate and read some "same ol' Jets" stories in the newspaper to assure that all the above is gone from plaguing this team for antoher season and beyond.

You misunderstand, I think this would be the kind of loss that sends the franchise reeling for years..

Archived