Yankee fans make me puke re: Giambi

TomShane

TWO curtain calls for a guy who should be in PRISON!?? Just gross. Seriously. Have you people no shame at all? Especially considering all of the other CLEAN hard-working Yankees who go out and are professionals who have actually tried to uphold the integrity of the game like, well, I'm sure there's at least one. But no, you go out and giving TWO standing o's to a criminal. Disgusting.

TWO curtain calls for a guy who should be in PRISON!?? Just gross. Seriously. Have you people no shame at all? Especially considering all of the other CLEAN hard-working Yankees who go out and are professionals who have actually tried to uphold the integrity of the game like, well, I'm sure there's at least one. But no, you go out and giving TWO standing o's to a criminal. Disgusting.

I for one have gone on record as saying the Giambis lifetime stats should be wiped clean from the record books despite the fact that WHAT HE DID WAS NOT AGAINST LEAGUE RULES AT THE TIME THAT HE DID IT. In no way shape or form am I saying that what he did was right, or admirable. The guy was 100% dead wrong for doing what he did. However, compared to the others who are clearly using (Bonds, Palmeiro) Giambi has been through more riddicule and observation than any other player. He TOLD THE TRUTH under oath UNLIKE Barry and Raffy in testimony that he was told would not be leaked. He's a di*k for using but until he tests positive while the substance is actually banned then people need to STFU. If he does test positive again (and no, it would not shock me if he did) I'd be the first person to say kick his a** out of the game. Until then, he's a guy who did a stupid thing but has NEVER broken a rule set forth by MLB.

Now while possessing roids is a crime in itslef, that is a different issue as far as MLB is concerned. They cannot lock a guy up for finding out that he once used illegal substances. If he's a "criminal" then thats up to each person to decide the severity/seriousness of his crime.

We all speed, many people on this board have probably smoked weed, and at some point I'm sure the majority of people in our daily lives have done SOMETING that could technically warrant prison time. Victimless crimes however? GET OVER IT!!!!!

I completely agree. Curtain Calls? Lol?????

Giambi is not a great "athlete". He is some juiced up braindead moron who swings for home runs every time up.

Honestly have you seen any interviews with him? the guy must have an IQ of 30. It's time for guys like Giambi, Sosa, and Manny to go. (Note: Not Bonds) I dislike these fat idiots who cant play the game of baseball worth a ish, but instead just swing hard. guys like Bonds and Sheffield get a pass because they can actually play the field.

Giambi is not a great "athlete". He is some juiced up braindead moron who swings for home runs every time up.

Honestly have you seen any interviews with him? the guy must have an IQ of 30. It's time for guys like Giambi, Sosa, and Manny to go. (Note: Not Bonds) I dislike these fat idiots who cant play the game of baseball worth a ish, but instead just swing hard. guys like Bonds and Sheffield get a pass because they can actually play the field.

So tune in to ESPN and TIVO the national spelling bee, those kids are brilliant

Or I can just tune into MSG and watch guys like David Wright and Jose Reyes and Cliff Floyd who can field their position well, run bases with some intelligence and speed, and still hit?

Since I started watching the game when I was 11 years old, there are some guys that can do some things and not others. Thats why they have roles on the team.

Giambi doesn't get paid to study physics, win gold gloves, steal bases, or win the nobel peace prize. Reyes, Floyd, and Wright are very good players. Congrats. Giambi gets paid to mash the ball. When he does his job Yankee fans clap, when he does not do his job they boo him. Seems pretty logical to me.

Since I started watching the game when I was 11 years old, there are some guys that can do some things and not others. Thats why they have roles on the team.

Giambi doesn't get paid to study physics, win gold gloves, steal bases, or win the nobel peace prize. Reyes, Floyd, and Wright are very good players. Congrats. Giambi gets paid to mash the ball. When he does his job Yankee fans clap, when he does not do his job they boo him. Seems pretty logical to me.

that just strikes me as pretty boring and depressing... i dont think anyone really wants to watch a team where players are just paid to "do their job"

that just strikes me as pretty boring and depressing... i dont think anyone really wants to watch a team where players are just paid to "do their job"

Depressing to watch a team thats paid to do it's job? Please explain that to me. I'm not being a smartass at all. I honestly believe that players are paid to do the most that they can with the ability they have. Should I expect them to do something other than what they're capable? Should I be upset that Tanyon Sturtze is not in the Cy Young running or that Tony Womcak isn't among the league leaders in HRs?

I'm not sure how old you are man but the Mets have had plenty of well paid teams that were double digits out of first place with many miserable months of baseball still to be played.

I for one am far from depressed watching the Yankees play their asses off for a post season spot.

And before we go down the old "but look at thier payroll" BS, need I remind you that the Yankees were not the highest paid team in baseball in '96 and '98 but they still won it.

payroll guarantees nothing. Watch the game for a few more years, look at it's most recent history and you'll see what I mean.

Depressing to watch a team thats paid to do it's job? Please explain that to me. I'm not being a smartass at all. I honestly believe that players are paid to do the most that they can with the ability they have. Should I expect them to do something other than what they're capable? Should I be upset that Tanyon Sturtze is not in the Cy Young running or that Tony Womcak isn't among the league leaders in HRs?

I'm not sure how old you are man but the Mets have had plenty of well paid teams that were double digits out of first place with many miserable months of baseball still to be played.

I for one am far from depressed watching the Yankees play their asses off for a post season spot.

And before we go down the old "but look at thier payroll" BS, need I remind you that the Yankees were not the highest paid team in baseball in '96 and '98 but they still won it.

payroll guarantees nothing. Watch the game for a few more years, look at it's most recent history and you'll see what I mean.

First of all dont ever try to pull rank on me or educate me because your old. I'm not interested in your life experiences and do not assume you have been watching the game any longer than I have. With that out of the way let me continue.

The Mets have certainly had some terrible overpaid teams in the past, and this years team is to a slight extent overpaid as well. However a certain incentive to watch and root for a team is created when the players play with the motivation of bringing respect to their team and their fans, as opposed to themselves and their fat contracts. When the "Giambino" steps up to the plate I think myself, as well as many others feel that he is simply up there trying to earn some of his money and go back to the dugout. he's not too interested in whether the team wins a title as much as clearing his own name and getting the boo-birds off of him.

On a sidenote, I just find it sad and funny that the guy hits a few homers and comes out for a curtain call. At Shea stadium we call Mike Piazza out for a curtain call when he plays well. Why? because he's been a huge part of the soul of this team for a long time now, and has the respect and admiration of all the fans. Giambi on the otherhand is just some juiced up "hired gun" who's been playing for the team for 3 years.

When the "Giambino" steps up to the plate I think myself, as well as many others feel that he is simply up there trying to earn some of his money and go back to the dugout. he's not too interested in whether the team wins a title as much as clearing his own name and getting the boo-birds off of him.

Okay, so because you and "many others" (mets/sox fans) get this feeling, that makes it so?

I prefer posting and discussing with facts and even well founded opinions, not in "feelings I have when I see a guy" thats baseless and warrants no real discusssion.

In addition, this is a messge board. Dont take it so personal when I site a statistical fact and say that you'll see what I mean over time. I am in now way insulting you or putting you down. Trying to have a respectful, informative discussion. This board could use some of that at times.

When the "Giambino" steps up to the plate I think myself, as well as many others feel that he is simply up there trying to earn some of his money and go back to the dugout. he's not too interested in whether the team wins a title as much as clearing his own name and getting the boo-birds off of him.

Okay, so because you and "many others" (mets/sox fans) get this feeling, that makes it so?

I prefer posting and discussing with facts and even well founded opinions, not in "feelings I have when I see a guy" thats baseless and warrants no real discusssion.

In addition, this is a messge board. I don't see why you would take it personal when I site a statistical fact and say that you'll see what I mean over time. I am in no way insulting you or putting you down. Trying to have a respectful, informative discussion. This board could use some of that at times.

Air Force;

Nice responses. Giambi is not paid to be a speed devil running the bases. He is not paid to make dazzling plays in the field. He is paid to get on base, mash the ball, and drive in runs. While he is not doing this nearly as well as he did in the early 200s, he is clearly back on track.

And until he fails a test, we can't say he is back on the 'roids.

Reyes is a very exciting player. IMO, he should not be a leadoff hitter, as he does not have a very good OBP, but there is no denying his excitment.

Wright is fun to watch in another way.

Having these types does not mean that the Mets are back, or the Yankees are dead, since they don't have these types. I consider it fun to watch a guy challenge for the triple crown, which A-Rod is doing right now. He leads the league in HRs, is 3rd in avg., just 7 points behing the leader, and is 3rd in RBIs. That, to me, is fun.

Air Force;

Nice responses. Giambi is not paid to be a speed devil running the bases. He is not paid to make dazzling plays in the field. He is paid to get on base, mash the ball, and drive in runs. While he is not doing this nearly as well as he did in the early 200s, he is clearly back on track.

And until he fails a test, we can't say he is back on the 'roids.

Reyes is a very exciting player. IMO, he should not be a leadoff hitter, as he does not have a very good OBP, but there is no denying his excitment.

Wright is fun to watch in another way.

Having these types does not mean that the Mets are back, or the Yankees are dead, since they don't have these types. I consider it fun to watch a guy challenge for the triple crown, which A-Rod is doing right now. He leads the league in HRs, is 3rd in avg., just 7 points behing the leader, and is 3rd in RBIs. That, to me, is fun.

Nice to have you around mbn...not many people on this board (especially in this forum) to offer an impartial opinion of other teams players. I agree 100% on Reyes and Wright. Both very good young players and it makes me wonder how much better the Mets future would look if they hadn't dealt Kazmir. I went to see him pitch last week vs. Texas and the kid is just nasty. The Mets FO has done a very good job though of putting a good product on the field and their fans are getting to enjoy watching. To the few rational fans who can sit down and talk about the game like an adult I say congrats

Even leaving the questionable ethics out of the equation, JonEJet is the only one who should be allowed to cheer Giambi here on out. The rest broke their ankles jumping off, and then back on, the bandwagon.

I for one have gone on record as saying the Giambis lifetime stats should be wiped clean from the record books despite the fact that WHAT HE DID WAS NOT AGAINST LEAGUE RULES AT THE TIME THAT HE DID IT. In no way shape or form am I saying that what he did was right, or admirable. The guy was 100% dead wrong for doing what he did. However, compared to the others who are clearly using (Bonds, Palmeiro) Giambi has been through more riddicule and observation than any other player. He TOLD THE TRUTH under oath UNLIKE Barry and Raffy in testimony that he was told would not be leaked. He's a di*k for using but until he tests positive while the substance is actually banned then people need to STFU. If he does test positive again (and no, it would not shock me if he did) I'd be the first person to say kick his a** out of the game. Until then, he's a guy who did a stupid thing but has NEVER broken a rule set forth by MLB.

Now while possessing roids is a crime in itslef, that is a different issue as far as MLB is concerned. They cannot lock a guy up for finding out that he once used illegal substances. If he's a "criminal" then thats up to each person to decide the severity/seriousness of his crime.

We all speed, many people on this board have probably smoked weed, and at some point I'm sure the majority of people in our daily lives have done SOMETING that could technically warrant prison time. Victimless crimes however? GET OVER IT!!!!!

Uh... just to let you know, MLB rules do not superceed the Government's rules and regulations. So, despite it not being against MLB's rules, it was against the law of this country. So, what Tom said, in this case, is true. Dude should be in prison.

Uh... just to let you know, MLB rules do not superceed the Government's rules and regulations. So, despite it not being against MLB's rules, it was against the law of this country. So, what Tom said, in this case, is true. Dude should be in prison.

Uh....I know that...thats why I made the point of saying that MLB can not put him in jail. That would be up to actual law enforcemnt folks. When I watch the news I see a lot of people walking the streets who commited crimes that actually hurt people. I could really care less about some guy using a drug to give himself big muscles. Not a real threat to society in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure that you can lock somebody up for admitting that they used drugs in the past otherwise the guy would be in jail. They got him testifying that he did it. If he made a plea bargain to avoid any conviction and help with the BALCO case then guess what, he doesn't belong in jail. Not saying its right, just saying it's so.

Uh....I know that...thats why I made the point of saying that MLB can not put him in jail. That would be up to actual law enforcemnt folks. When I watch the news I see a lot of people walking the streets who commited crimes that actually hurt people. I could really care less about some guy using a drug to give himself big muscles. Not a real threat to society in my opinion. Also, I'm not sure that you can lock somebody up for admitting that they used drugs in the past otherwise the guy would be in jail. They got him testifying that he did it. If he made a plea bargain to avoid any conviction and help with the BALCO case then guess what, he doesn't belong in jail. Not saying its right, just saying it's so.

So...using your twisted, and might I say selectively pro-Yankee, logic; if one is to commit a crime that doesnt actually hurt somebody, he or she doesnt belong in jail?

Couldnt agree more...why dont you pm me your credit card number. I gotta buy this stretch Hummer with suicide doors sold seperately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-20-Pass-Limo-2003-H2-Raised-Roof-Limo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43913QQitemZ4570110122QQrdZ1

Awwww c'mon, nobody is getting hurt!?!?!?!?!

FACE IT, Giamboo belongs in the slammer. Garroid also, he can shack up with uncle Dwight for all I give a sh*t.

The Yankee fans are a national disgrace based on this latest display of treachery.

So...using your twisted, and might I say selectively pro-Yankee, logic; if one is to commit a crime that doesnt actually hurt somebody, he or she doesnt belong in jail?

Couldnt agree more...why dont you pm me your credit card number. I gotta buy this stretch Hummer with suicide doors sold seperately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hummer-H2-20-Pass-Limo-2003-H2-Raised-Roof-Limo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43913QQitemZ4570110122QQrdZ1

FACE IT, Giamboo belongs in the slammer. Garroid also, he can shack up with uncle Dwight for all I give a sh*t.

The Yankee fans are a national disgrace based on this latest display of treachery.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude, maybe you live in a world where pumping roids is a huge offense but in the real world where people work for a living and worry about being harmed by actual criminals who are worth locking up, a roid head isn't a real big deal. It's not like he's using coke and keeping crack houses in business to ruin lives and terrorize neighborhoods.

quote]

Why am I not surprised that JBF would ask for a handout. "I don't want to work, I just want free stuff to sit on my ass" Shocking, somebody from Boston with a welfare mentality :roll:

So, Tom was right by saying that he should be in jail, which was the crux of the arguement. Just so we're clear?

So, Tom was right by saying that he should be in jail, which was the crux of the arguement. Just so we're clear?

I'm not saying I don't understand where you guys are coming from as jealous Yankee haters, what I'm saying is that LEGALLY I don't know that you can lock somebody up if you as a law enforcement agency have granted the immunity or if they claim to have used an illegal substance. As I said, if he belongs in jail and confessed to it then why is he not locked up? They've got a taped/documented confession.

If he did in fact get immunity (which is the best explanation I can think of) then based on the laws of the country we live in (I'm assuming you're in the US) then NO he does NOT belong in jail.

there is no reason to be jealous of a boring, aging, overpaid team.

Right, and I was referring to this season and this season only. Your jealousy would have nothing to do with the fact that the history of the Yankees puts any other MLB to shame. It's a joke to even compare the Yankees greatness and history of winning to the Mets or Sox (one year wonders) and admit it or not, you know it and it kills you inside. :lol:

Wow, brilliant post. :roll: Bonds and Sheffield are not exactly great fielders.

Holy crap do you even realize what you wrote? What exactly in your warped view does someone get paid for? As far as I know the only thing people get paid for is to do their job. Giambi's not a great fielder, but he's not paid to win gold gloves. Kaz Matsui sucks, but they still pay him way too much money, and he's not good at anything. Utility infielders are payed to a solid job of playing defense, not to hit 40 homeruns. That post is almost comically stupid.

Dude, maybe you live in a world where pumping roids is a huge offense but in the real world where people work for a living and worry about being harmed by actual criminals who are worth locking up, a roid head isn't a real big deal. It's not like he's using coke and keeping crack houses in business to ruin lives and terrorize neighborhoods.

I disagree AirForce, the gang known as the "Roid Ragers" are a huge problem in my neighborhood. They go around stealing everybody's VCR's, breaking people's car windows, oh man I can't tell you how horrible it is. :roll: I think this nation's law enforcement have a lot bigger fish to fry than people shooting roids up their ass to hit more homeruns.

Archived