Stuff I wanna see in the NL this year

vanDoug

1) Cubs slide behind Cincy. Maybe we'll get some changes if we "really" stink the joint out.

2) All teams in the NLE finsish above .500 - Great division

3) All teams in the NLW finish below .500 - Not sure of history but..Could this be the 1st time a sub .500 team makes the postseason?

4) This pains me but....I wanna see St. L make the series again. I think they're the best team in the NL

Now about that other league..........

:wink:

d

1) Cubs slide behind Cincy. Maybe we'll get some changes if we "really" stink the joint out.

2) All teams in the NLE finsish above .500 - Great division

3) All teams in the NLW finish below .500 - Not sure of history but..Could this be the 1st time a sub .500 team makes the postseason?

4) This pains me but....I wanna see St. L make the series again. I think they're the best team in the NL

Now about that other league..........

:wink:

d

all of these things except #1 will happen.

all of these things except #1 will happen.

Maybe you're right.

But last night they slipped to 5th behind the Reds.

I think if they really pull together and keep going the way they have, they'll stay there.......maybe even challenge the Pirates for the basement.

Hendry, do something!!! Clean house, then fire yourself!!

d

Then, quarterbacks should play defense. It's the way the game "was meant to be played."

what are you a fuking moron? this analogy is incredibly asinine. The beginning of the NFL saw seperate teams mainly for defense and offense. The DH was just an added provision in the 1970s to bolster ticket sales, because apparently everyone loves to see juiced up fat guys hit a ball a million yards.

Hey, asswipe - among the many things you've got wrong, there's no "z" in "Queens."

Glad to help. Now run along. Your afternoon cartoons are on, and I think Mom made brownies!

I could be wrong, but it appears you did not refute the argument Jermaine just made. The DH was ADDED to the game, and only 30 years ago.

Offensive and defensive units were ADDED to the game of football, too. What difference does the time period make? Either it's how the game is played, or it isn't.

I can't wait until you numbnuts kids go back to school. At least we'll get a few hours of peace.

The DH was added because the AL couldn't keep up with the NL in terms of runs scored. The DH was created because the now "superior" league was inferior.

Doug, man, how can you root for the Cardinals? I don't care how good they are. I hate those bastards and I hope they get swept by the Nationals.

Offensive and defensive units were ADDED to the game of football, too. What difference does the time period make? Either it's how the game is played, or it isn't.

I can't wait until you numbnuts kids go back to school. At least we'll get a few hours of peace.

yeah, YA Tittle was a great linebacker...

your a moron, instead of spewing garbage as a result of losing an argument you could just say "I apologize, and retract my statement".

The DH was added because the AL couldn't keep up with the NL in terms of runs scored. The DH was created because the now "superior" league was inferior.

Doug, man, how can you root for the Cardinals? I don't care how good they are. I hate those bastards and I hope they get swept by the Nationals.

Troll,

Didn't exactly say I was rooting for the Cardinals, but I think they're the best team in the NL.

Yeah, I know, the Cubs Cards thing goes back a long way. This year I feel really cheated by our Cubbies.

Guess I kinda like the best team to advance. And it aint us.

d

Troll,

Didn't exactly say I was rooting for the Cardinals, but I think they're the best team in the NL.

Yeah, I know, the Cubs Cards thing goes back a long way. This year I feel really cheated by our Cubbies.

Guess I kinda like the best team to advance. And it aint us.

d

Just re-read my posts on this thread and I'm making no sense whatsoever.

#-o

Sorry.

Call me a frustrated baseball fan right now.

d

yeah, YA Tittle was a great linebacker...

your a moron, instead of spewing garbage as a result of losing an argument you could just say "I apologize, and retract my statement".

I did not lose any argument. In fact I completely kicked your ass. You're just too stupid to realize it.

Unlike you, I spelled all of the words correctly too.

Just re-read my posts on this thread and I'm making no sense whatsoever.

#-o

Sorry.

Call me a frustrated baseball fan right now.

d

Guys,the saddest part of the whole 05 Cub turd drop is Hendry is talking like toothpick boy will be back for 06. The man (Baker) is a legal imbicile. I can't and won't cheer for the Card's - but I'll find somebody else to follow till they can his ass.

I did not lose any argument. In fact I completely kicked your a$$. You're just too stupid to realize it.

Unlike you, I spelled all of the words correctly too.

actually you came off sounding like an idiot.

in the history of the NFL offensive players for the most part never played defense.

only 30 years ago was the DH created.

Me > You.

=D>

Hey, you spelled all the words correctly! =D>

Let's work on punctuation, next. Middle school is just a few days off, you know.

Bob, ripping on the youth of America, the people who are going to be taking care of your generation, is juvenile and not recommended. Comparing the pitcher hitting to a QB playing defense is not only irrelevant but could also be argued as being a semi-retarded statement. If you want to say that pitchers shouldn't bat because they suck, all right. But look at it like this: why should someone hit but not play the field? Would you want to raise your son to be a fat-ass designated hitter? I think not.

I beg to differ 80. You and I are from the same generation. I am assuming Bob is a baby boomer. WE WILL NOT BE TAKING CARE OF THEM AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. We will invent some method to load their 75-year old asses onto a giant space shuttle never to be heard from again.

After all, that generation (the disgusting, amoral late-60's aging hippie douchebags) is holding onto their relatively high-paying jobs they walked ass backwards into thanks to the blood and sweat of the WWII generation. They have all the wealth and they aint parting with it...regardless of the phoney "idealism" of their youth. So young people like you and I strive to get through an arduous academic schedule and strive to pay off an expensive college education only to be railroaded into a low-paying job in an effort to curtail the cost of student loans. And the Boomers are the ones not hiring us because they refuse to retire out of incessant greed (ie desire for a new 911 Carrera, 3-story house in the Poconos and tuition for little Tucker and Connor to attend Dartmouth)

F the Boomers! Elitist scum! I cant wait til theyre retired and looking for me to support them!

C'mon, Zippy. Claiming that you and 80 are contemporaries is laughable. You managed to milk college on mommy and daddy's dime until you were almost 30. 80, on the other hand, is clearly about 12.

Hell, he may be one of the brain-dead zombies to whom you're spewing disinformation in history class.

Jermaine's English teacher is obviously a talented educator, much like yourself.

C'mon, Zippy. Claiming that you and 80 are contemporaries is laughable. You managed to milk college on mommy and daddy's dime until you were almost 30. 80, on the other hand, is clearly about 12.

Hell, he may be one of the brain-dead zombies to whom you're spewing disinformation in history class.

Jermaine's English teacher is obviously a talented educator, much like yourself.

It's a shame you have to resort to terrible age-based insults, just because you cant refute my argument.

It's a shame you have to resort to terrible age-based insults, just because you cant refute my argument.

Your "argument" has been thoroughly dismantled.

Thanks for taking that queer picture out of your avatar, though. That improved the board tremendously.

Check out the fan photo ssection if you want some huge comedy!

...said the coward who is WAY too big a pussy to put up his own mug.

Not to come to the defense of the insane - YOU JBF! -however, I don't think posting a picture of yourself in a fan photo section is exactly a sign of machismo. To each his own, I say. However, there are plenty of folks here who choose not to - me included. Am I a p---y?

Yes, JBF - you are a fine looking young man. Someday you may actually be old enough to grow some facial hair.

I don't think posting a picture of yourself in a fan photo section is exactly a sign of machismo. To each his own, I say. However, there are plenty of folks here who choose not to - me included. Am I a p---y?

Busting on other peoples' appearance while hiding your own is the very definition of pussy behavior.

You don't do that. Zippy the gutless bitch does.

Besides, 'Banza, I HAVE a picture of you.

Ah, he's a kid. A very opinionated, arrogant and - I'll give him this - pretty intelligent kid. Very misguided, obviously, but I think he just busts chops because he's on Tom Shane's payroll.....or his lap. That is yet to be determined.

As far as busting on someones apperance. Ah, people do that sort of thing 'round here all the time. Maybe he's just jealous 'cause he probably can't grow a mustache. :wink:

Anyway, the season is one week away. So, screw both of yah!!! :lol:

Not to change the subject back to baseball :roll: But I am listening to Peter Gammons on the radio right now. Boy, he really is a Sox suck-up, eh? Anyway, he said 1) he admires the Sox toughness and 2)this could be the year that a team can win the title with its bats instead of its pitching in reference to the Red Sox's team pitching ERA of 5-something - are you kidding me???!!

Not to change the subject back to baseball :roll: But I am listening to Peter Gammons on the radio right now. Boy, he really is a Sox suck-up, eh? Anyway, he said 1) he admires the Sox toughness and 2)this could be the year that a team can win the title with its bats instead of its pitching in reference to the Red Sox's team pitching ERA of 5-something - are you kidding me???!!
My take on Gammonsis that he throws rumors out there, and whatever sticks, he milks for all it's worth. His columns for ESPN are pretty good, but his predictions are way off, IMO.

Bob, the next time you insult my work ethic will be your last. I work two jobs to help pay the bills and go to class (sporting a 3.4 GPA and Dean's List nominations) continuously. Not only that, but I am at the head of the legislature for the UNCW Student Government Association (an UNPAID position) and will be beginning efforts to work with the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I also do not drink and have never touched a cigarette or any drug not prescribed by a doctor in my entire life.

But go ahead, "sir", spit on the youth of America, if that will make you feel better about being a middle-aged, bitter man. We're good for nothing after all.

Bob, the next time you insult my work ethic will be your last. I work two jobs to help pay the bills and go to class (sporting a 3.4 GPA and Dean's List nominations) continuously. Not only that, but I am at the head of the legislature for the UNCW Student Government Association (an UNPAID position) and will be beginning efforts to work with the Red Cross for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I also do not drink and have never touched a cigarette or any drug not prescribed by a doctor in my entire life.

But go ahead, "sir", spit on the youth of America, if that will make you feel better about being a middle-aged, bitter man. We're good for nothing after all.

UNCW? Drew Nicholas?

Sorry... Couldn't resist.

Archived