NFL DRAFT 2009

KINGDIRK

From what I can tell these are the guys who look to be around by the time we pick Chris Wells (RB), William Moore (S), Eben Britton (OT), Rey Maualuga (LB), James Laurinaitis (LB), Knowshon Moreno (RB) and Brandon Spikes (LB)

Also a few WR a OT, DE and CB

So unless a young QB declares i'd like to see Barton get replaced by someone with speed and a lot of agression..

can any draftniks please let me know who to watch in the bowl games

I am shopping for;

WR - speed demon at least 5'10"

CB - smart and willing to tackle

DE - that can play in a 3-4

txs !!!!

No more short wide recievers please. Someone 6'2" or taller... We need a big target with body and speed.

can any draftniks please let me know who to watch in the bowl games

I am shopping for;

WR - speed demon at least 5'10"

CB - smart and willing to tackle

DE - that can play in a 3-4

txs !!!!

We need another NT as well. Jenkins got tired as hell. He should have a backup who can do a better job than Pouha.

jeremy macklin. coles aint gettin any younger or faster and this team has long missed a deep threat since the days of santana moss. macklin can stretch the field, home run threat type of WR. I also feel like david clowney is practically a bonus draft pick for us with him returning in good health for 2009, so if not macklin we get rey mauluga, the guy is a terror at ILB, good replacement for an aging barton.

jeremy macklin. coles aint gettin any younger or faster and this team has long missed a deep threat since the days of santana moss. macklin can stretch the field, home run threat type of WR. I also feel like david clowney is practically a bonus draft pick for us with him returning in good health for 2009, so if not macklin we get rey mauluga, the guy is a terror at ILB, good replacement for an aging barton.

Question is- do you think Mauluga will be available that late?

Question is- do you think Mauluga will be available that late?

depending on our pick which looks to be somewhere between 17-19, i think we may be within range, its happened before that guys slide a few picks from where they were projected and the jets have shown before they arent afraid to trade up in the first round.

Adding to the depression of today's performances were the guys some of us were so high on playing well. A TD for Merling and Langford starting for Miami - those were two guys we liked for 3-4 DE. MacLain scoring away for Baltimore. Those weren't particular weak spots this year, but it still hurt to see.

So true. Merling and Langford will be solid pros for many years for Parcells. Either or both would have been great additions for the Jets. And Merling slipped into the second round (though Landford was picked higher than projected). But the larger point is that Parcells was able to find relatively inexpensive solutions to his roster issues while the Jets broke the bank in attempting to find answers. So, going forward Miami is gonna have flexibility whereas the Jets are tied to some nasty contracts to older players.

Even the acquisition of Jenkins has to be questioned. The guy has a history of injury issues, which I am convinced ended the 'pro bowl' portion of his season. Its unclear if he can sustain for a full NFL season. He cost a ton of money and two draft picks. Parcells got Ferguson for NT, a solid player, for virtually nothing.

Bottom line: You have to respect the draft picks and use them wisely to consistently stay ahead at every position. Parcells understands this so well. I'm not so sure the Jets do.

From the looks of it between 13 and 17

We went 9-7. There are 16 teams with a record of 8-8 or worse (assuming SD goes on to win tonight). That would mean we don't pick any higher than 17, and as low as 20. Arizona was also 9-7, but they made the playoffs, so they pick behind the other four 9-7 teams (Chicago, Jets, Tampa Bay, Dallas).

After that, I think it's only based on SOS, so Jets pick between 17 and 20 based on the win %age of their opponents. I can't remember, but unlike playoff scenarios, head-to-head records & other tie-breakers don't count. I think it's only SOS and then coin-toss after that. But I'm not totally sure.

I am sure that there is no way in hell the Jets can pick 13th without trading up.

Based on what I've seen this year, Malaluga could replace Harris too.

Was he hurt again today? Trusnik played most of the second half.

Adding to the depression of today's performances were the guys some of us were so high on playing well. A TD for Merling and Langford starting for Miami - those were two guys we liked for 3-4 DE. MacLain scoring away for Baltimore. Those weren't particular weak spots this year, but it still hurt to see.

Merling was a steal for the Phins. Should've been a top 10 pick if healthy.

Anyone else see this Nicks kids from NC? He had a great game against West Virginia, and has been making amazing catches all season.

Archived