What Do We Do With The 17th Pick?

New York Mick

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have to disagree with you on that. Our Oline and Dline gets pushed around and has no depth. Our DBs flat out suck and have second stringers starting. Our QB is either 40 years old or an unproven second stringer. Our LBs again have second stringers starting and again has no depth. But I agree we need a WR because we don't have a true first stinger, Coles plays when he wants to. We have OK second and thirds.

Then how do you disagree with me? you're right in regards to us needing different players in different positions, but we only have one 1st round pick. We dont have a downfield threat at all. We

We have 1 shutdown CB (We have NO downfield threat)

As of right now we have Brett Favre with Ratliff ready to take his job "IMO" (We have NO downfield threat)

We just drafted Vernon Gholston (We have NO downfield threat)

My point is, when are we going to draft a WR that can take the place of Coles? Coles is no longer a threat to the defense anymore. Cothery is not that threat, Clowney could be from what I've seen but he's been on the bench. Maybe he could be our #1/#2 but in regards to what we Havent seen I simply cant say that.

We need a WR

I am in favor of this rule because it is bad for the Patriots this year.

At least you are honest. But you know that I know that the Pats will trade that pick for a 2nd rounder in 2009 and then a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2010. That's what the Pats do.

Part of the reason for the crappy pass rush was Mangini being scared sh*tless about our crappy secondary so he sent 7-8 guys into coverage so often. Not saying it was the right move; just that I understand it.

Nnamdi is a pipe dream. There are about 31 other teams that would want him, and most have more cap room than we do.

I don't think we need to burn the $12M/yr he'll probably command on another elite corner so much as to have someone merely adequate opposite Revis, plus some depth that isn't total dogsh*t.

I don't think Davis is letting him go anywhere he used an exclusive franchise tender on him and to my knowledge they where the only team that did that this past year. He clearly doesn't want him leaving, not that we could ever probably afford him with our cap but that is a dream secondary

Then how do you disagree with me? you're right in regards to us needing different players in different positions, but we only have one 1st round pick. We dont have a downfield threat at all. We

We have 1 shutdown CB (We have NO downfield threat)

As of right now we have Brett Favre with Ratliff ready to take his job "IMO" (We have NO downfield threat)

We just drafted Vernon Gholston (We have NO downfield threat)

My point is, when are we going to draft a WR that can take the place of Coles? Coles is no longer a threat to the defense anymore. Cothery is not that threat, Clowney could be from what I've seen but he's been on the bench. Maybe he could be our #1/#2 but in regards to what we Havent seen I simply cant say that.

We need a WR

A WR being a down field threat to stretch the field can be picked up in the second IMO, also I just think a first round pick spent on a WR is a waste for this team. We have ok WR getting a speed demon in the second could help. We have more pressing needs IMO.

I don't think Davis is letting him go anywhere he used an exclusive franchise tender on him and to my knowledge they where the only team that did that this past year. He clearly doesn't want him leaving, not that we could ever probably afford him with our cap but that is a dream secondary

I'm sure he doesn't want to let him go. But he definitely wants out, I guess unless Davis gives him $15M/yr. Less than that he can get from someone else.

The franchise tag for him would be just under $12M and then he's a free agent again in 2010. Unless Oakland seriously thinks they're competing for a superbowl in 2009, it makes little sense. But then again, Al Davis is Al Davis.

Archived