Maxman

good stuff Spermy...when you talked about "the man in charge" I can still go one or two further and blame Woody Johnson for failing to get us a real NFL-caliber head coach and stadium of our own...get me Bill Cowher and I'll cross him off my list

I don't know. I had no faults with Woody for hiring Mangini. Take a look at the other coaching prospects out there at the time and tell me which new HC in 2006 you would rather have had.

Cowher is a fine HC. I don't think he's all you make him out to be, but he certainly wouldn't be Rich Kotite II.

But then again, Cowher was hardly available in 2006. He was busy bringing the Steelers to a 15-1 record...and getting bounced out of the playoffs pre-Superbowl for the umpteenth time.

Can you remember all the 2006 head-coaching hires & candidates? I can. It's a pretty sucky list.

I don't know. I had no faults with Woody for hiring Mangini. Take a look at the other coaching prospects out there at the time and tell me which new HC in 2006 you would rather have had.

Cowher is a fine HC. I don't think he's all you make him out to be, but he certainly wouldn't be Rich Kotite II.

But then again, Cowher was hardly available in 2006. He was busy bringing the Steelers to a 15-1 record...and getting bounced out of the playoffs pre-Superbowl for the umpteenth time.

Can you remember all the 2006 head-coaching hires & candidates? I can. It's a pretty sucky list.

Gary Kubiak.

I wanted Mike Tice. Oh wait, that wasn't me.

Gary Kubiak.

Yeah, he's marvelous. A 6-10 season followed by back-to-back 8-8 seasons. I'm sure everyone here would be clamoring for an extension.

And of all the HC's hired, you now name this one with the benefit of hindsight.

D.Henderson

Heimerdinger

Mangini

Herm

Kubiak

Payton

Tice

Haslett

Capers

Jauron

Marinelli

Sherman

Childress

Turner

Shell

Linehan

It was pretty slim-pickings of available HC's in 2006.

Well that pretty much sums it up. Everyone loved the Mangini hiring and it was a veritable sploogefest in here 3 years ago. Our expectations were high, but as time has proven, none of the Belichick disciples are great football minds when they don't have the benefit of the master douche standing behind them.

Yeah, he's marvelous. A 6-10 season followed by back-to-back 8-8 seasons. I'm sure everyone here would be clamoring for an extension.

And of all the HC's hired, you now name this one with the benefit of hindsight.

D.Henderson

Heimerdinger

Mangini

Herm

Kubiak

Payton

Tice

Haslett

Capers

Jauron

Marinelli

Sherman

Childress

Turner

Shell

Linehan

It was pretty slim-pickings of available HC's in 2006.

Drafted Steve Slaton, Amobi Okoye, DeMeco Ryans, and Mario Williams. Traded for Matt Schaub.

I love what he has done personnel wise.

Drafted Steve Slaton, Amobi Okoye, DeMeco Ryans, and Mario Williams. Traded for Matt Schaub.

I love what he has done personnel wise.

Mario was all Casserly. He took all the heat for the pick when it was "stupid" - at least give credit where it's due now that it's been proven a "smart" pick.

And I wasn't aware that Kubiak is also the GM there making all their draft picks. And Schaub has hardly proven worth what they gave up for him.

Further, if he's assembled such a talented team, how come they can't finish any better than 8-8?

The point is that just because Mangini sucked doesn't mean that others wouldn't have also sucked. Personally, I was in favor of the Mangini hiring and I was in favor of the firing.

I'm just saying - even if he was a better coach than he has been, your preference would have been more meaningful had you said so right before & right after Mangini was hired.

Gary Kubiak. lol. Let me know when the date arrives that he has a better winning percentage than Mike Tice...or Eric Suckgini.

Mario was all Casserly. He took all the heat for the pick when it was "stupid" - at least give credit where it's due now that it's been proven a "smart" pick.

And I wasn't aware that Kubiak is also the GM there making all their draft picks. And Schaub has hardly proven worth what they gave up for him.

Further, if he's assembled such a talented team, how come they can't finish any better than 8-8?

The point is that just because Mangini sucked doesn't mean that others wouldn't have also sucked. Personally, I was in favor of the Mangini hiring and I was in favor of the firing.

I'm just saying - even if he was a better coach than he has been, your preference would have been more meaningful had you said so right before & right after Mangini was hired.

Gary Kubiak. lol. Let me know when the date arrives that he has a better winning percentage than Mike Tice...or Eric Suckgini.

Kubiak is an offensive coach and the Texans have a pretty effing great offense. Before he took over, they had no running game and the QB was getting the **** knocked out of him every play. Watching that offense pisses me off, I guess because I've been watching the Jets rotting vagina for so many years.

Kubiak is an offensive coach and the Texans have a pretty effing great offense. Before he took over, they had no running game and the QB was getting the **** knocked out of him every play. Watching that offense pisses me off, I guess because I've been watching the Jets rotting vagina for so many years.

2008 NYJets = 405 pts (9th in NFL)

2008 Texans = 366 pts (17th in NFL)

I'm just saying - he's not all that. Slaton is an exciting player, as is Andre Johnson. And David Carr sucked with Houston and after he left Houston. But I don't know how much that translates into Gary Kubiak being some kind of great head coach.

And who gives a crap anyway - this is about Suckgini. Not about which <.500 win percentage HC you would take in hindsight 3 years after the fact. And you're a penis.

2008 NYJets = 405 pts (9th in NFL)

2008 Texans = 366 pts (17th in NFL)

I'm just saying - he's not all that. Slaton is an exciting player, as is Andre Johnson. And David Carr sucked with Houston and after he left Houston. But I don't know how much that translates into Gary Kubiak being some kind of great head coach.

And who gives a crap anyway - this is about Suckgini. Not about which <.500 win percentage HC you would take in hindsight 3 years after the fact. And you're a penis.

405 points? **** that arena league bull****.

I hate you.

Well that pretty much sums it up. Everyone loved the Mangini hiring and it was a veritable sploogefest in here 3 years ago. Our expectations were high, but as time has proven, none of the Belichick disciples are great football minds when they don't have the benefit of the master douche standing behind them.

Mangini was more a Mike Tannenbaum hiring IMO, and yea at the time I liked the eidea of the Y-generation guys taking over...this time (I think) will be a Woody Johnson hire-1st and foremost...

Groh was a get-the-best-we-can-since-the-guys-I-REALLY-wanted-said-screw

Herm was throwing the league a bone hire

and Mangini was a OK-let's-see-what-you-can-do-Mr. New GM

Archived