Why Cowher and Not Billick

piney

Who even knows if I am spelling these names right...

personally, my first choice is Billick...

this is a guy who has had success with some of the worst QBs in the NFL and he would be a perfect fit....

He would come in here and have no problem with either Favre or a young QB.

What is this boards thoughts on Billick?

this is a guy who has had success with some of the worst QBs in the NFL and he would be a perfect fit....

:puke:

You are joking...right

This is a guy who was hired to bring an offense to a team t hat already had a good defense.

What did he do for that offense? Absolutely nothing.

He's an offensive coach who couldn't get anything going with his offense in Baltimore. QB failures and bottom of the league offenses year after year. He had a terrible relationship with the Baltimore media...it could be a complete disaster in NY.

I'll pass.

I think you guys are over valuing Cohler and under valuing Billick..

I think Billick has the personality to survive NY.

I think he had more to do with the success of that team than people are giving him credit for....

Billick is an arrogant prick.

I will NOT be happy if Billick is even considered.

I think he had more to do with the success of that team than people are giving him credit for....

Possibly, but I would say that Marvin Lewis and the defense were MUCH bigger factors in Baltimore's success. Billick is definitely an offensive minded guy, and the Balitmore's offenses under him were pitiful. There is no getting around that.

He's not the worst candidate in the world, but there are many others I would pick over him.

Possibly, but I would say that Marvin Lewis and the defense were MUCH bigger factors in Baltimore's success. Billick is definitely an offensive minded guy, and the Balitmore's offenses under him were pitiful. There is no getting around that.

The irony, of course, is that defensive minded Lewis went to Cincy and couldn't get anything going on that side of the ball there.

He's not the worst candidate in the world, but there are many others I would pick over him.

eh..Lewis isn't exactly doing a bang up job with his defense in Cincy...and the Ravens..even with personnel changes have still had one of the better defenses in the league year in and year out.

To me, it shows how a guy can adapt his style of coaching to fit the team he is stuck with. His offense has always had for the most part below average players.

He was able to adapt..something I would like to see in a coach coming here...I am sick of waiting two years for a coach to fix the team to fit his vision.

Billick understands the short shelf life of a playoff team and doesn't waste time trying to fit square pegs in round holes, he just tries to win however he has to.

Cohler on the otherhand will be in a power play and try to shape the Jets to fit his vision.

Billick won't waste time doing that.

Cohler on the otherhand will be in a power play and try to shape the Jets to fit his vision.

While I'm not 100% sold on Cowher, this argument against him doesn't work. The Jets are already a 3-4 defense, and have an offense designed around the running game and physical receivers. The team already fits his vision.

The irony, of course, is that defensive minded Lewis went to Cincy and couldn't get anything going on that side of the ball there.

Very true, but you can't deny that there is a complete lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and there are dysfunctional criminals literally all over the roster. Some of the blame has to go to the GM.

Lewis seems like the kind of coach who is much better suited as a coordinator.

To me, it shows how a guy can adapt his style of coaching to fit the team he is stuck with. His offense has always had for the most part below average players.

He was able to adapt..something I would like to see in a coach coming here...I am sick of waiting two years for a coach to fix the team to fit his vision.

He didn't seem very adaptable when he gave Kyle Boller chance after chance to prove himself after it became very clear that he had no business being an NFL QB.

His stubbornness actually reminds me of Mangini.

He didn't seem very adaptable when he gave Kyle Boller chance after chance to prove himself after it became very clear that he had no business being an NFL QB.

His stubbornness actually reminds me of Mangini.

where else was he going to go...QBs got hurt there all the time..

it wasn't as if he passed on a QB in favor of Boiler..they brought in other players....

McNair, Redman (right? I forget) Boiler was sort of all he had...

i take it my hint of sarcasm wasnt strong enough?

Please forgive my transgression, Jetsman. I am still reeling, and in a virtual state of shock, from our abysmal collapse. The comedy and sarcasm radar will be down for, at least, a few more days. How the f**k are we not in the playoffs? (Rhetorical question alert. No response necessary.) You friggin' mush moron Mangini and "coaches".

Archived