****THE OFFICIAL BIG EAST BBALL THREAD****

gangreenman

I've heard many commentators and read many articles claiming that Jonny Flynn and Ty Lawson are the two best PG's in the nation, and there's a big drop off from there to whoever the third best is. Jackson may be one of the better (top 5) in the Big East, but I would take Jonny Flynn, AJ Price, and Fields on my team before I take Ty Jackson.

As for 'Gody winning the POTY award, the award is sort of like an MVP award... It goes to the most influential player on a great team. It is yet to be seen if Notre Dame is a great team. As you mentioned, they lack in both athleticism and depth compared to many BE teams, and that definitely has potential to cause damage later on in the season. There's a chance he gets it, as he is a really good player, but I doubt ND finishes high enough in the BE for him to receive it, IMHO.

Link?

And Gody is the best player in the Big East. That's why he'll win POTY. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link?

And Gody is the best player in the Big East. That's why he'll win POTY. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/The-Jonny-Flynn-interview-Cuse-s-super-soph-ta?urn=ncaab,125502

First sentence reads:

Jonny Flynn may be the best point guard in America

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=462857

I also read a Q&A thing on ESPN a month or so back, and the question was asked who, in the reporters opinion was the best PG in the NCAA. The reporter said that the top 2 in her eyes are Flynn and Lawson, the difference being that Lawson plays for a better team than Flynn.

Lost to G'Town. Will lose to ND.

Not to sure about that, playing a team coming off a loss like that at their place is never easy. Syracuse did suck tonight, and you can bet that they'll be licking their chops to get back out with a shot against another ranked opponent in front of a home crowd.

Not to sure about that, playing a team coming off a loss like that at their place is never easy. Syracuse did suck tonight, and you can bet that they'll be licking their chops to get back out with a shot against another ranked opponent in front of a home crowd.

ND is coming off of a loss too, so it'll be a battle.

Syracuse played really well. ND shot horribly. I was impressed.

I didn't think Notre Dame shot so horribly. I cant remember too many open looks that weren't made. I think Syracuse did a great job playing man to man...Arinze Onuaku and Rick Jackso REALLY stepped up on both ends of the court yesterday. Harangody got maybe one easy look from the key all game. Other then that it was all floaters and runaways. On offense, both Jackson and Onuaku were too strong for either Harangody and Zeller, and they both got to the paint for an easy layup or dunk whenever they wanted.

Oh, and I thought it was pretty clear that Tory Jackson in no way, shape, or form, is on the same level as Jonny Flynn. Just Sayin'

I didn't think Notre Dame shot so horribly. I cant remember too many open looks that weren't made. I think Syracuse did a great job playing man to man...Arinze Onuaku and Rick Jackso REALLY stepped up on both ends of the court yesterday. Harangody got maybe one easy look from the key all game. Other then that it was all floaters and runaways. On offense, both Jackson and Onuaku were too strong for either Harangody and Zeller, and they both got to the paint for an easy layup or dunk whenever they wanted.

Oh, and I thought it was pretty clear that Tory Jackson in no way, shape, or form, is on the same level as Jonny Flynn. Just Sayin'

Flynn vs. Fields should be very interesting tonight. I'm pumped ...again :P

How are Georgetown, Villanova and ND still ranked? Enough w/ the overhype of the BE.

Georgetown should be out. Nova I haven't followed at all. ND has been beaten by some really good Big East team, but will still drop out.

Big East teams beating Big East teams doesn't mean that the teams are overhyped.

Georgetown should be out. Nova I haven't followed at all. ND has been beaten by some really good Big East team, but will still drop out.

Big East teams beating Big East teams doesn't mean that the teams are overhyped.

When they weren't great in non-conf it sure does mean they are overhyped. Villanova beat nobody in non-conf and has lost 4 games including a game a week the last 3 yet they are still ranked. ND had 1 good win over UT but lost to OSU and St. John's.

Georgetown has 1 decent non conf win over memphis(though they beat no one in non conf and are beating up their weak conf now) but lost by double digits to UT and has lost 3 in a row including at home to WVU and at SH.

The BE is good but their teams are getting way too much respect in the polls.

When they weren't great in non-conf it sure does mean they are overhyped. Villanova beat nobody in non-conf and has lost 4 games including a game a week the last 3 yet they are still ranked. ND had 1 good win over UT but lost to OSU and St. John's.

Georgetown has 1 decent non conf win over memphis(though they beat no one in non conf and are beating up their weak conf now) but lost by double digits to UT and has lost 3 in a row including at home to WVU and at SH.

The BE is good but their teams are getting way too much respect in the polls.

Polls don't really matter. I wouldn't put much stock in them. Not for college basketball anyway.

100 points to Providence...? Really?

This Syracuse team will not go far in the tourney unless they fix up this abysmal defense.

This team misses Rautins when he's not there, and Onuaku. I guess just shake off this loss and come back strong next game. This conference is :box::box::box:

100 points to Providence...? Really?

This Syracuse team will not go far in the tourney unless they fix up this abysmal defense.

This team misses Rautins when he's not there, and Onuaku. I guess just shake off this loss and come back strong next game. This conference is :box::box::box:

We lost both the TO battle and OREB battle AGAIN tonight. JB seriously needs to get his head outta his ass and stay away from that putrid ****ing 2-3 "sit back and let them do what ever they want" (lack of) defense.

We lost both the TO battle and OREB battle AGAIN tonight. JB seriously needs to get his head outta his ass and stay away from that putrid ****ing 2-3 "sit back and let them do what ever they want" (lack of) defense.

More man, the teams have figured out the zone, and you're right the 2-3 allows the defense to do whatever they want, hence giving up 88 to G'Town & 100 to Providence.

More man, the teams have figured out the zone, and you're right the 2-3 allows the defense to do whatever they want, hence giving up 88 to G'Town & 100 to Providence.

Not to mention we dont get any turnovers out of the zone, nor does it help out Defensive Rebounding. THats why we lost the 4 past games in which it was our primary defense.

Archived