****THE OFFICIAL BIG EAST BBALL THREAD****

gangreenman

I would hope so. I just think the heels match up well w/ duke, remember that the only loss in the last 5 games against duke came when Ty lawson was out.

ya, and LOTS of inside the program chatter is going on and it looks like Zeller will definitly be back sometime this season

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya, and LOTS of inside the program chatter is going on and it looks like Zeller will definitly be back sometime this season

He has been cleared to practice, supposedly it's up to him and his family to decide if they want him to play and give up a year. He's probably not a 4 year guy anyway so losing the redshirt wouldn't be a big deal.

Point is... JB assistants by far have the most success. Just look at Rick Pitino, Louis Orr, and Tim Welsh.

Not to mention Pitino, after his 1st coaching job as a 4 yr stint under Boeheim, went on not only to become a great HC...But he also mentored Billy Donavan and Tubby Smith.

Thats one pretty damned good coaching tree.

Four Big East schools are in the new AP top-10.

'Cuse didn't drop too far in either poll. 'Nova is up to 13 in both, with a big re-match with Marquette coming tomorrow at the Pavillion. This Villanova team is playing a lot better now than they were on New Year's Day.

'Cuse didn't drop too far in either poll. 'Nova is up to 13 in both, with a big re-match with Marquette coming tomorrow at the Pavillion. This Villanova team is playing a lot better now than they were on New Year's Day.

sagarin updated..

pac10 closin in on u ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc0809.htm?loc=interstitialskip

UL gets tharshed at home and barely moves, Marquette loses to a dreadful UAF team(and MU hasn't beaten anyone good all year) and they don't frop out of the top 10? Come on.

You shouldn't move a lot when your losses are in-conference in the Big East. Sorry dawg. And UL got "thrashed" by the #1 team in the country. You're supposed to lose when you are the underdog.

Marquette is going to drop from the top-10 next week. Don't worry. Though, you won't be happy with the Philly-based Big East team that is going to take their place.

And SouthernJet: NOBODY cares about Sagarin. Put it in the Hater thread, if you want to discuss BS computer rankings. The guy had Villanova and Richmond in his football top-50 for a while this year too. His ratings are fun to play with, but nobody should put any serious weight in them.

You shouldn't move a lot when your losses are in-conference in the Big East. Sorry dawg. And UL got "thrashed" by the #1 team in the country. You're supposed to lose when you are the underdog.

Marquette is going to drop from the top-10 next week. Don't worry. Though, you won't be happy with the Philly-based Big East team that is going to take their place.

And SouthernJet: NOBODY cares about Sagarin. Put it in the Hater thread, if you want to discuss BS computer rankings. The guy had Villanova and Richmond in his football top-50 for a while this year too. His ratings are fun to play with, but nobody should put any serious weight in them.

:rl:

If that makes you happy,,his ratings SURE do come closer than polls when Big Least screws the pup every year in NCAAs :bwahaharoll:

UL gets tharshed at home and barely moves, Marquette loses to a dreadful UAF team(and MU hasn't beaten anyone good all year) and they don't frop out of the top 10? Come on.

Okay, now you are being unfair and rather biased.

UL got thrashed by the current #1 team in the nation. No matter what your ranking, when you lose to the #1 ranked team, you're ranking is not going to drop all that much. Secondly, Marquette has beaten Nova and Wisconsin this season, and they're ranking in one poll dropped to 12, and in one poll stayed at 10. Meanwhile Wake Forest has lost three games recently to three very inconsistent and mediocre teams in UMiami, Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech, and got absolutely thrashed by Miami and are still 7 and 8 in the two polls. Duke also got absolutely thrashed last week by a talented, yet very up-and-down Clemson team and still remain 5th and 6th in the two polls.

Don'tcha think that you're argument may be a little twisted here?

Okay, now you are being unfair and rather biased.

UL got thrashed by the current #1 team in the nation. No matter what your ranking, when you lose to the #1 ranked team, you're ranking is not going to drop all that much. Secondly, Marquette has beaten Nova and Wisconsin this season, and they're ranking in one poll dropped to 12, and in one poll stayed at 10. Meanwhile Wake Forest has lost three games recently to three very inconsistent and mediocre teams in UMiami, Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech, and got absolutely thrashed by Miami and are still 7 and 8 in the two polls. Duke also got absolutely thrashed last week by a talented, yet very up-and-down Clemson team and still remain 5th and 6th in the two polls.

Don'tcha think that you're argument may be a little twisted here?

That same 31 team struggled to beat a mediocre Michigan team at home a few days later. Marquette beat Villanova and Villanova only has 1 quality win all year(beating Pitt) and Wisconsin stinks so that's nothing to crow about.

Duke should have dropped a few more spots.

That same 31 team struggled to beat a mediocre Michigan team at home a few days later. Marquette beat Villanova and Villanova only has 1 quality win all year(beating Pitt) and Wisconsin stinks so that's nothing to crow about.

Duke should have dropped a few more spots.

Its a long season Nyjunc, now matter how good you are you're not going to win every game you are supposed to 'easily'. The fact is they played an ugly game and still found a way to pull out the W. In fact, a lot of coaches will say "every team has its great blowout games and every team has its terrible blowout losses. Its whether or not a team pulls out the close ones that make or break a season." I think saying Uconn is overrated because they ALMOST lost to Michigan is grasping for straws a bit.

'Nova also beat Syracuse on Saturday. Yes, Syracuse is in a funk right now, but they're still a top 25 team and it was a big win for them.

Both Duke and WF should be out of the top 10, according to the logic you are using with BE teams.

Its a long season Nyjunc, now matter how good you are you're not going to win every game you are supposed to 'easily'. The fact is they played an ugly game and still found a way to pull out the W. In fact, a lot of coaches will say "every team has its great blowout games and every team has its terrible blowout losses. Its whether or not a team pulls out the close ones that make or break a season." I think saying Uconn is overrated because they ALMOST lost to Michigan is grasping for straws a bit.

'Nova also beat Syracuse on Saturday. Yes, Syracuse is in a funk right now, but they're still a top 25 team and it was a big win for them.

Both Duke and WF should be out of the top 10, according to the logic you are using with BE teams.

UConn also barely beat Buffalo earlier, does that excuse apply for every close game?

SU wouldn't be ranked if they weren't in the overrated BE. It took them weeks to get rid of ND and GU too.

Duke was 3/4 last week, they should have fallen to around 8/9. Wake should be around 10-12.

UConn also barely beat Buffalo earlier, does that excuse apply for every close game?

SU wouldn't be ranked if they weren't in the overrated BE. It took them weeks to get rid of ND and GU too.

Duke was 3/4 last week, they should have fallen to around 8/9. Wake should be around 10-12.

Keep in mind Syracuse did beat a now streaking Memphis team earlier in the season on the road and a Kansas team that is back in the top 25 in what was essentially a road game as well. ND and GU were both top 10 teams a few weeks ago. Nobody's dropping from the top 10 to out of the rankings completely after 3 or 4 losses. The fact that it took weeks doesn't really prove anything.

WF has lost 3 of its last 5, and none of those losses were against currently ranked teams. They beat Duke who got thrashed by Clemson (who lost to FL St.), and barely escaped Miami in OT (UC/UMICH never got there). If that happened in BE play, you would be here crying about how overrated and overhyped that conference is.

It seems as if you're trying to drive both ways on a one way street...doesn't work like that.

Keep in mind Syracuse did beat a now streaking Memphis team earlier in the season on the road and a Kansas team that is back in the top 25 in what was essentially a road game as well. ND and GU were both top 10 teams a few weeks ago. Nobody's dropping from the top 10 to out of the rankings completely after 3 or 4 losses. The fact that it took weeks doesn't really prove anything.

WF has lost 3 of its last 5, and none of those losses were against currently ranked teams. They beat Duke who got thrashed by Clemson (who lost to FL St.), and barely escaped Miami in OT (UC/UMICH never got there). If that happened in BE play, you would be here crying about how overrated and overhyped that conference is.

It seems as if you're trying to drive both ways on a one way street...doesn't work like that.

Kansas and memphis teams that struggle din the non-conf but are having their way in their weak conferences.

Wake had 1 bad loss- Ga tech. The others were to decent teams. It wasn't like losing to USF and they ahd 2 huge wins to balance those losses.

Kansas and memphis teams that struggle din the non-conf but are having their way in their weak conferences.

Wake had 1 bad loss- Ga tech. The others were to decent teams. It wasn't like losing to USF and they ahd 2 huge wins to balance those losses.

Virginia Tech?

Miami?

So WF gets a pass for losing to UMiami and VT in your eyes but Uconn is overrated because they ALMOST lost to Michigan?? I mean, I hate Uconn with a passion, but that may be the most circular argument I've ever seen or heard in my lifetime following college basketball. Also, you say Lville should drop out of the top 10 for getting thrashed by UConn (the #1 ranked team), but WF and Duke should stay for getting thrashed by Miami (UNR) and Clemson (10 at the time) respectively. I mean, c'mon...Your logic makes zero sense.

Virginia Tech?

Miami?

So WF gets a pass for losing to UMiami and VT in your eyes but Uconn is overrated because they ALMOST lost to Michigan?? I mean, I hate Uconn with a passion, but that may be the most circular argument I've ever seen or heard in my lifetime following college basketball. Also, you say Lville should drop out of the top 10 for getting thrashed by UConn (the #1 ranked team), but WF and Duke should stay for getting thrashed by Miami (UNR) and Clemson (10 at the time) respectively. I mean, c'mon...Your logic makes zero sense.

Where did I say UConn was overrated? When did I say they didn't deserve to be ranked #1 right now?

I dind't say UL should drop out of the top 10 but they should have dropped. How does a team get thrashed at home(doesn't matter if UConn was #1) then play poorly against a bad SJU team and not frop a spot in either poll? Duke dropped 2 spots(should have been about 4 spots though) and Wake dropped 2 in the coaches poll(should have dropepd mroe and should have been around 10 instead of 7/6).

Instead of perceiving what I am saying actually read the posts please.

Where did I say UConn was overrated? When did I say they didn't deserve to be ranked #1 right now?

I dind't say UL should drop out of the top 10 but they should have dropped. How does a team get thrashed at home(doesn't matter if UConn was #1) then play poorly against a bad SJU team and not frop a spot in either poll? Duke dropped 2 spots(should have been about 4 spots though) and Wake dropped 2 in the coaches poll(should have dropepd mroe and should have been around 10 instead of 7/6).

So we can agree that there is just as much ACC bias in the pollsters as there is BE biased then?

Thats the point I was trying to make.

So we can agree that there is just as much ACC bias in the pollsters as there is BE biased then?

Thats the point I was trying to make.

No. ND, GU and SU all should have been dropped from the polls earlier. Marquette has no business being in the top 10.

No. ND, GU and SU all should have been dropped from the polls earlier. Marquette has no business being in the top 10.

Marquette isn't in the top 10 in one of the polls and is #10 in the other. GU and ND were dropped from the rankings two weeks ago. They were both top 10 teams about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Syracuse is 22/23 and was #8 3 weeks ago. Syracuse also hasn't done as poorly in conf as either of those teams. Syracuse is over .500 in the BE and has wins over Seton Hall (who beat GTown), Rutgers, USF, and Depaul. Neither ND or GTown have beaten teams they were supposed to beat. Syracuse only lossed one game to a non-ranked opponent at the time and that was @PC, with only 2 starters available.

How was it that in 05-06, when Villanova (then #2) beat the #1 team in the country, that Duke moved up from 3 to #1 in the next poll, and Villanova stayed at #2?

Its a poll. **** happens. Villanova should have been #1 that week.

Now THAT was a great game. Villanova is firing on all cylinders now!

Ummm... Marquette has beaten NOBODY, they're not in the ACC, and they're not top 5. 'Nova still sucks and has zero quality wins. And dont say its the strength of the BE... They're weak when the lower seed wins. Its the ACC thats strong when the bottom teams win the "up" games. Just ask Lunardi, he agrees with me, so I must be right.

Archived