****THE OFFICIAL BIG EAST BBALL THREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UL gets thrashed for the 2nd week in a row and for the 2nd week in a row doesn't move in the ESPN poll. Villanova loses badly against an unranked team and MOVES UP!

Nova also had a really good win against a top-10 team. Eat me.

Besides, there is NO reason why Duke or Wake should be in the top-10. They never seem to drop.

I've been told that I'm supposed to be rooting for UConn in case 'Nova needs a tiebreaker over Pitt for the Big East Tournament.

I'm going to root for Pitt anyway.

I don't root for the Red Sox ever. I won't root for UConn ever.

I cant stand that Thaebeet asswipe. Maybe the dirtiest player in the history of the conference, and considering the Big East is known for being a "dirty" or "tough" conference, that really is saying something.

I dunno man...

Oklahoma might get their chance at #1, but I have a feeling that Pitt will move up more than one spot after that.

UConn prob. won't fall as far either.

Lets let the week play out anyway. I thought Villanova was bound for a top-10 ranking on Friday morning.

PS:

Check out the "conference power ranking" at the end...

I dunno man...

Oklahoma might get their chance at #1, but I have a feeling that Pitt will move up more than one spot after that.

UConn prob. won't fall as far either.

Lets let the week play out anyway. I thought Villanova was bound for a top-10 ranking on Friday morning.

PS:

Check out the "conference power ranking" at the end...

Pitt does not deserve to move past UNC, UNC does deserve to move past OU but there's no way they drop OU if they don't lose.

Nova also had a really good win against a top-10 team. Eat me.

Besides, there is NO reason why Duke or Wake should be in the top-10. They never seem to drop.

Both duke and Wake have better resumes than Villanova, Marqutte and UL.

So beating a fraud top 10 in Marquette counts over losing to an unranked team badly? At worst they should have remained the same, you can't get beat by 21 points to an unranked team and move up.

St. John's loses to Duke.

Rutgers and Villanova in an unexpectedly close game

Well, if Duke is as good as their ranking, they damn well better beat SJU...

Rutgers has some talent. Chandler and Rosario are good.

'Nova is still going to win though.

and lets not forget that it's Senior Night for Villanova.

Frank Tchuisi has been playing... TCHUISI... he STARTED!

i have a good feeling about Villanova this year..

even though rankings dont say so, I think Nova goes further in NCAAs than any other BE team..IMHO

i have a good feeling about Villanova this year..

even though rankings dont say so, I think Nova goes further in NCAAs than any other BE team..IMHO

:rl: NO WAY! Farther than Pitt & UConn? They are too small, if the 3-ball is off on any given day, they can be beat.

:rl: NO WAY! Farther than Pitt & UConn? They are too small, if the 3-ball is off on any given day, they can be beat.

False. Nova doesn't rely on the 3-ball a all. We won't hit 100+ without it, though.

We play good defense.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we made it deeper than Pitt and UConn, but I won't bet on it either.

i said not based on ratings,,just afeeling...

there are always upsets,,the final 16 arent always seeds 1 thru 16 ...duh.....

I know that. I just feel that Nova is a fraud. I think they start to decline with a loss at SU tomorrow.

Apology accepted.

Syracuse gave me a fright today. Your boys stayed in the game. Good luck with the rest of the schedule.

February 24at St. John's7:30 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel March 1Cincinnati2:00 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel March 3Rutgers9:00 PM ET networkLogo_espnu.gif Tickets | Travel March 7at No. 11 Marquette2:00 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel

I say, W, W, W, L.

The St. John's & Marquette games could go either way though IMO. I'm not worried about Cincy & RU at home. Win 2 of the next 4 and we're in for sure.

I take back this statement. Nova = legit.

Why b/c they beat your struggling team? SU is 3-7 in the last 10 games and if not for a few early good wins they'd be on the outside looking in as of now.

February 24at St. John's7:30 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel March 1Cincinnati2:00 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel March 3Rutgers9:00 PM ET networkLogo_espnu.gif Tickets | Travel March 7at No. 11 Marquette2:00 PM ET networkLogo_fullCourt.gifTickets | Travel

I say, W, W, W, L.

The St. John's & Marquette games could go either way though IMO. I'm not worried about Cincy & RU at home. Win 2 of the next 4 and we're in for sure.

You couldn't ask for an easier sched to end the season. 2 bad teams, 1 mediocre team and one "top 10" team that isn't near;y as good as a legit top 10 team.

If you go 2-2 w/ one of the W's over Marquette you will be ok but if you lose 2 to RU,SJU or Cincy then you are in trouble.

Ouch... 'Cuse got dropped from the rankings. I didn't think yesterday's loss was a bad one, to be honest. If I were voting, I'd have kept them at #25 at least one more week.

They shouldn't have been ranked the last 2 weeks, how many losses do they need to have before they drop? They lost to a good team but did lose at home and for the 7th time in 10 games. They don't belong in the top 25 and they are playing themselevs out of the Tourney but luckily for them they have a creampuff end of reg season sched. They better take advantage.

Archived