****THE OFFICIAL BIG EAST BBALL THREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but all the conference RPI is BS.

uh no,,,its whats also used by committee to gauge competition..if a conf RPI is high it helps teams on bubble..logic is they play tougher games day in and day out..

if logic says indiv RPI is OK, then the sum of parts must be used also..u cant look at Top 5 teams and say this conf better..cause u play all 12 or 16 teams in a conference,,so the whole has to counted in the end..

Um... but SJ, your team RPI accounts for strength of schedule already. Sooo what does USF's out-of-conference schedule have to do with whether or not Providence or WVU gets into the tournament (for example)?

What I'm getting at is: Conference RPI is kind of lame, and if the committee gives it any real weight at all, I'd be very disappointed.

Um... but SJ, your team RPI accounts for strength of schedule already. Sooo what does USF's out-of-conference schedule have to do with whether or not Providence or WVU gets into the tournament (for example)?

What I'm getting at is: Conference RPI is kind of lame, and if the committee gives it any real weight at all, I'd be very disappointed.

if 2 teams on bubble and RPI very close they will favor the team with a stronger RPI conf, figuring they had a tuffer go of it over course of year

yes..

both sons went there for undergrad...

Cool, I root for Syracuse cause my older bro went there & I visited him 3+ times and went to see games in the Carrier Dome. I saw them play Wichita State, (the year after they made the Sweet 16) and they were down 20+ in the second half & they came all the way back to tie & then some douchebag on the Orange blew a wide open layup with 30 seconds left. They would have won. :( Just saying, it was the most amazing sports environment I have ever been in. Syracuse is where I want to go to school as well, so I have always just pulled for them.

ND pushed UConn to the limit, but couldn't get it done. Have to take the next two at home and get on a run in the BE tourney.

I found it funny that Thabeet was too hurt to take those free throws but he was in there not too long after. Joke.

And I hope everyone now knows Clark Kellogg wants to perform fellatio on the big guy as well. Wow.

ND pushed UConn to the limit, but couldn't get it done. Have to take the next two at home and get on a run in the BE tourney.

I found it funny that Thabeet was too hurt to take those free throws but he was in there not too long after. Joke.

And I hope everyone now knows Clark Kellogg wants to perform fellatio on the big guy as well. Wow.

Tough loss. I was pulling for ND. I hate UConn.

That game was HUGE for ND, I think the bubble may have burt barring a deep run in the BE Tourney.

Even though G'Town beat Villanova yesterday, I think their bubble has burst too. Too little too late.

GOOD BYE :yahoo:

hahaha...Back in the rankings now?

Possibly, but dont think so. If I had a guess Id say we're around 27 or 26. We might sneak in as #25 in one of the polls. We have to beat Rutgers on Tuesday and if we pull out an upset vs Marq on Saturday we'll be headed into the BET as possibly a top 15 team. Would be nice.

Syracuse is where I want to go to school as well, so I have always just pulled for them.

You should go to Villanova. The student section in the Pavillion is way more fun than the Carrier Dome. Also, 'Nova is not in the boonies of upstate NY and we've got good academics 'n' stuff.

Even though G'Town beat Villanova yesterday, I think their bubble has burst too. Too little too late.

GOOD BYE :yahoo:

I HOPE G-Town's bubble is burst... or all the Villanova fans chanting "N-I-T! N-I-T!" at the Georgetown students in the 200-level are going to look silly.

That was a horrible game. It was like both teams were trying to lose.

We have to beat Rutgers on Tuesday and if we pull out an upset vs Marq on Saturday we'll be headed into the BET as possibly a top 15 team. Would be nice.

Please beat Marquette. PLEASE.

Also it would be helpful if Pitt beats them too. Really, either way is good. If MU loses to both though, even better.

hahaha...Back in the rankings now?

Probably but the 2 teams you beat aren't good, you took care of business so you deserve credit for that but I don't think you deserve to be back in the rankings yet but you probably will be.

You should go to Villanova. The student section in the Pavillion is way more fun than the Carrier Dome. Also, 'Nova is not in the boonies of upstate NY and we've got good academics 'n' stuff.

Hell no.

Probably but the 2 teams you beat aren't good, you took care of business so you deserve credit for that but I don't think you deserve to be back in the rankings yet but you probably will be.

I know they aren't good. They took care of business and beat the crap out of both of them by 20+. I'm really looking forward to the next two games, ESP. Marquette on Saturday, a very winnable game.

Nice bounceback win for 'Nova, I thonk ND's bubble has officially burst. They need to win the BE Tourney to get in.

Haha, after last night...Bubye Gtown as well.

Well, thats 2 teams that will be fighting for their tournament lives in the BE Tourney next week.

Archived