Shanahan fired/I want Shanahan [Merged eleventy billion times]

jetsman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say this much: the possible choices are a lot better than they were in 2006.

Shanahan, Cowher, Parcells, Spagnola, Ryan...

beats the hell out of Mangini, Tice, Haslett, Linehan, Shell...

I didn't even include Parcells but he is EASILY my number one. I'd love to get him back here. Let him finish the job he started.

Forget what happened the last three years in Denver- this guy is right at the top of the veteran coach list. You want a young QB to look better than he is, this is the guy to do it. You want a mediocre vet to have a career season, this is the guy to do it. He should be right near the top of the list.

He's also the godfather of double TE packages and getting the most out of TE's in general. He taught Dinger.

Honestly I'd be a little concerned that our D wouldn't get developed - but if you put enough points on the board - who cares?

He's also the godfather of double TE packages and getting the most out of TE's in general. He taught Dinger.

Honestly I'd be a little concerned that our D wouldn't get developed - but if you put enough points on the board - who cares?

I do. Shanahan, though I want him SOOOO BAD (no homo) only one his two superbowls because he had a Defense to compliment that Offense.

3 things we need to do for certain.

#1. Get Shanahan if we can.

#2. Draft the best available WR with our 1st pick in the draft.

#3. Make sure that Defense of ours is a SHUTDOWN D...including Gholston.

Now, this is intriguing. Shanahan's zone blocking schemes might work very well with the Jets o-line. They all have quick feet and are agile. On plays this year where the run blocking broke down, it usually seemed to be someone missing an assignment and a defender getting in the backfield free vs getting physically overpowered. Zone blocking simplifies things and allows guys to use their quickness. Instead of Thomas Jones getting 2 yards, 12 yards, nailed at the LOS, you would see more 4, 6, 5 yard combos. And Jones's style does remind a little of Terrill Davis. A little. ;)

And, Shanahan would be great with the young QBs. Just get a good DC, and this could be terrific for the Jets.

SHANAHAN HAS SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 30, 2008, 7:51 p.m. EST

The immediate speculation in some league circles when word broke of the termination of long-time Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is that Shanahan has something else cooking, and that he forced his firing by refusing to agree to changes that owner Pat Bowlen wants to make.

According to Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News, part of that speculation is right on the money.

Per Legwold, Shanahan was fired because he refused to fire defensive coordinator Bob Slowik, whose unit surrendered 52 points in a Week Seventeen loss to the Chargers.

Said Bowlen, in a release issued by the team:

Maybe Big Al will welcome him back to Oakland.:D

HAHAH.. My wife and I are watching the holiday bowl, and they showed on the bottom that the Raiders were interviewing coaches, and she said, "Do you think Shanahan would go there?" I bursted out laughing and she got mad, and I had to explain.

Maybe Big Al will welcome him back to Oakland.:D

LOL. What would you give to be at a surprise birthday party for Al Davis and have a drunken Shanahan (not knowing who its for) jump out of the cake. It would be a full year before I would snap out of my douche chill/laughing jag. I might actually need to be committed.

3 straight tank jobs by the Broncos and they get 52 points hung on them in the division deciding game last Sunday. Denver tosses him into the trash and we gotta have him. He hasn't won squat since 1998 but he will win the SB here??? I must be missing something. :confused:

Why?

I don't honestly think we have the right personnel for his zone-blocking. I also don't think Favre would thrive in his system as well as he will do under Cowher, and I think there is a decent chance Favre will come back.

Shanahan also is a 4-3 guy, and we just got ourselves into a somewhat believable 3-4.

Honestly, the best thing he has going for him is that he's routinely owned Belichick, prior to this year atleast ..

IMO...that's the litmus test for our next HC among fired/retired HCs. Shanahan was 5-2 vs BB's Pats, and Cowher was 1-4 vs BB's Pats. If I had to choose between those two, it would be Shanny(5-2) over Cowher(1-4) For the Jets HC...For me...it's all about the AFCE.

IMO...that's the litmus test for our next HC among fired/retired HCs. Shanahan was 5-2 vs BB's Pats, and Cowher was 1-4 vs BB's Pats. If I had to choose between those two, it would be Shanny(5-2) over Cowher(1-4) For the Jets HC...For me...it's all about the AFCE.

I like your thinking brother. Belly owns Cowher, I bet he's got his rosary beeds in between his fingers right now praying that it's not Shanny that we hire. He's saying a prayer for Cowher to come here because he knows he can outsmart/outcoach him. No thanks! Gimme Shanahan!!!!

3 straight tank jobs by the Broncos and they get 52 points hung on them in the division deciding game last Sunday. Denver tosses him into the trash and we gotta have him. He hasn't won squat since 1998 but he will win the SB here??? I must be missing something. :confused:

Amazing isn't it?

Post Elway has been laughable.

Shannahan is a glorified offensive coordinator. He never paid any attention to the defensive side of the balll, even his two super bowl teams were very mediocre on D, but their O was so good and were able to control the clock that it didnt matter. But as soon as all that hall of fame talent left town it caught up to Shanny. Yea, he'd make a trade for Champ Bailey but whats the point when you cant stop the run and have a pedistrian pass rush?

I want no part of this guy.

Archived