Shanahan fired/I want Shanahan [Merged eleventy billion times]

jetsman

I like Marty-he's a Jets fan, but clearly Shanahan is the best guy out there post-Cowher. All I know is one thing; I want a coach that has won something on his own, not an offensive or defensive coordinator, not an Asst. HC, not an O-line coach, not an ex-ball boy, not a Special teams coach, and NOT somebody from the Bill Parcells "tribe"-not this time. We've done that for the past 9 seasons under this owner and look what it's gotten us

Agreed, they talk about continuity...how about 14 years with denver...like I said before, Marty has been around, had to be a reason why he was fired after a winning season last year. Anyone heard anything about the DC from Philly....Jim Johnson, he was a candidate a few times for diffrent teams.....he knows how to run a blitzing D real well..........

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Groh is really the only example of that.

Herm had no business getting a HC gig, and Mangini was only slightly more qualified. And most of his qualification was that Bill Belichick had said some nice things about him in the past and promoted him to DC for one season. But then there weren't really any good options that year anyway. At least we didn't let that one drag out for 5 years also.

Ryan and Spagnola have resumes that put Herm's & Mangini's to shame.

yea and so did Marvin Lewis SE-another guy I wanted instead of Herm.....

HC - Marty Schottenheimer

OC - Brian Schottenheimer/ Callahan keeps his "Running Game Coordinator" Role

DC - Wade Phillips (once Jones cans him for Shanahan).

That's essentially the 14-2 Chargers coaching staff except for that idiot Cam Cameron who blew the playoff game!!!

I'm trying to be optimistic here. I'm embracing this set up now.

That's essentially the 14-2 Chargers coaching staff except for that idiot Cam Cameron who blew the playoff game!!!

I'm trying to be optimistic here. I'm embrassing this set up now.

I posted the same last night, I'd like to run the Phillips 3-4, but I wish Schotty JR. didn't come along with that package..

I'm trying to be optimistic here. I'm embrassing this set up now.

You seemed to have used some halfway hybrid word of "embracing" and "embarrassing" here. Coincidence? I think not.

Sign me up for some Shanny.

you see Gen X? There are actually a lot of good points to a Shanahan hire and who knows if Cowher (without Dick Lebeau) would be able to duplicate his defenses here anyway. We know that YOU could probably put on a Jets jersey and run for 1000 yards with Mike S as coach hell, Jehuu Caulcrick would look like Terrel Frickin' Davis

I posted the same last night, I'd like to run the Phillips 3-4, but I wish Schotty JR. didn't come along with that package..

I don't mind Mini-Schott. The problem with the offense and defense was Mangini.

This is from Cimini's article yesterday:

Too hands-on. Mangini didn't call the offensive or defensive plays, but he was heavily involved in all aspects of the operation.

"The biggest thing I heard from upstaires (the front office) was that he didn't trust anyone," one player said. "He wouldn't let his coaches coach. He had his hand in everything."

Former Jets assistants have complained over the years that Mangini, known for his rigid rules and cloak-and-dagger paranoia, created a difficult working environment.

Amazing isn't it?

Post Elway has been laughable.

1 playoff win since 1998. I'm sure Mangini could have gotten more than that in the next 7 years. Denver dumped him because he has been mediocre without Elway, yet everyone calls him a genius. Apparently the bar has been lowered for genius status.

1 playoff win since 1998. I'm sure Mangini could have gotten more than that in the next 7 years. Denver dumped him because he has been mediocre without Elway, yet everyone calls him a genius. Apparently the bar has been lowered for genius status.

We are complaining about our collapse and we want to bring in a guy that had a worse one than us?

As evidenced by the term: Mangenius.

Whats wrong with Woody Johnson.

You give Cohwer FULL control (if wants Favre gone, hes gone....if he wants Tanny gone, goodbye). Give him an obscene contract and see if he bites. This love fest with a 40 year old QB and a lawyer named Mike Tennenbaum is a joke. WTF is going on here?

Would LOVE that staff if Jerry Jones does indeed fire Wade. A moron of a Head Coach, but a very good 34 Defensive Coordinator.

For all we know Eric Mangini kept handcuffs on Brian Schott. Under his Dad he would be able to open it up and we could see what Brian Schott really is. The guy we had the last three seasons under Mangini (meaning Mangini didn't handcuff him, but I think he did, personally) or the guy who can make some interesting, effective play calls like he did for a little period of time in 2006.

Whats wrong with Woody Johnson.

You give Cohwer FULL control (if wants Favre gone, hes gone....if he wants Tanny gone, goodbye). Give him an obscene contract and see if he bites. This love fest with a 40 year old QB and a lawyer named Mike Tennenbaum is a joke. WTF is going on here?

Cowher doesn't wanna coach. Tanny already said he'll work with him in a lesser role. THE GUY DOESN'T WANNA COACH.

if this is the case i am going on the record I prefer Rex Ryan over Marty

Archived