having a hard time hating the dolphins.

JerryK

This will get me flamed, but in an odd way I'm sorta happy for them.

They didn't push us out of the playoffs, we failed to win...and we failed to win games we should have won. Games that were not against the Dolphins.

And they denied the Patriots a postseason. How can you not love that?

Chad won't be a Superbowl QB, but he's capable on a team that doesn't need to hoist 40-yd passes. Glad to see he has a gig and that his career isn't over. With a little luck they'll make it all the way to the Indy game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will get me flamed, but in an odd way I'm sorta happy for them.

They didn't push us out of the playoffs, we failed to win...and we failed to win games we should have won. Games that were not against the Dolphins.

And they denied the Patriots a postseason. How can you not love that?

Chad won't be a Superbowl QB, but he's capable on a team that doesn't need to hoist 40-yd passes. Glad to see he has a gig and that his career isn't over. With a little luck they'll make it all the way to the Indy game.

I still don't like the Fins, but I wish Pennington well, as long as it doesn't affect the Jets.

I actually pity them. They've been duped into believing they now have one of the best QB's in the league due to the stat-sheet and playoff berth. Poor, poor Dolphins fans. Been there.

Lol.. This is exactly my feeling..

A small part of me is rooting for them but it has nothing to do with Chad and everything to do with the fact they were 1-15 last season and in the playoffs this season. You have to love stories like that. For this same reason I'll be rooting hard for the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC.

I always pull for the underdog. That is probably what made me a Jets' fan when I grew up 15 minutes from Giants Stadium, my father is a Giants fan, and everyone I know is a Giants fan. :bag:

I actually pity them. They've been duped into believing they now have one of the best QB's in the league due to the stat-sheet and playoff berth. Poor, poor Dolphins fans. Been there.

Basically. I keep telling two of my close friends "Congrats, enjoy it, talk to me in 3 years." I have also said that I will 100% admit that Chad Pennington is an elite QB if he beats the Ravens.

Basically. I keep telling two of my close friends "Congrats, enjoy it, talk to me in 3 years." I have also said that I will 100% admit that Chad Pennington is an elite QB if he beats the Ravens.

Pining a whole career to 1 game is kind of silly. They could play that game 5 times and the Ravens would win 4 of them, but that doesn't mean they'll win the 1 time they play on Sunday...

If he plays well against Baltimore and Pitts, then we have to start considering that the Jets are indeed cursed..

Lol, I live in Baltimore, and I've been telling everyone at work that they have nothing to worry about. Chad in the postseason vs that defense? No problem guys, start gameplanning for Tenn or Pitt already, you'll be just fine. Trust me.

Pining a whole career to 1 game is kind of silly. They could play that game 5 times and the Ravens would win 4 of them.

Did you see that game this past Sunday? It's the same Chad. Nothing different from what we haven't seen. They could play that game 5 times and I'm convinced that Baltimore would win all 5 of them.

Did you see that game this past Sunday? It's the same Chad. Nothing different from what we haven't seen. They could play that game 5 times and I'm convinced that Baltimore would win all 5 of them.

Yea, I've seen plenty of their games somehow, it's just like 2006 except his coordinator is getting guys wide open a lot. In terms of Sunday, had Barton held on to that gift wrapped pick 6, we'd have won the game by 20 points imo. I predicted it was coming after the fumble and even said "i hope we hold onto it when it comes". If they had been playing Baltimore it would've been ugly..

Still, Pennington and the fins seem to have luck on their side right now and they are playing a rookie QB at home. They have a shot imo, however small it is..

I also suspect Sunday against the Jets was their SB, much like ours was against TN. Even their fans are already talking the "it's been a great season regardless" talk...

Pining a whole career to 1 game is kind of silly. They could play that game 5 times and the Ravens would win 4 of them, but that doesn't mean they'll win the 1 time they play on Sunday...

If he plays well against Baltimore and Pitts, then we have to start considering that the Jets are indeed cursed..

I just can't see Chad beating them. I like to consider myself fairly level headed and I think I know the game pretty well, there is no part of me that I think that Chad COULD pull it out. An LB corps that good to stop the over the middle stuff... and a ball hawk safety who just PREYS on floaters. Chad threw 1 TD against them first time around with 1 pick, I just can't see them doing ANY better. Plus Flacco is twice the QB he was then.

Lol, I live in Baltimore, and I've been telling everyone at work that they have nothing to worry about. Chad in the postseason vs that defense? No problem guys, start gameplanning for Tenn or Pitt already, you'll be just fine. Trust me.

The other thing IMO that is huge is you REALLY REALLY have veteran leadership on that Ravens team, Ray Lewis is playing like he fresh came off a murder and I can just see the vet experience vs. young team being yet another advantage for the Ravens.

I dont' think the Ravens will pound them 48-3, I just think they'll win.

Only a Jets fan would pity a Dolphins team who won the division after their team choked it away... I Love all of you!

I just can't see Chad beating them. I like to consider myself fairly level headed and I think I know the game pretty well, there is no part of me that I think that Chad COULD pull it out. An LB corps that good to stop the over the middle stuff... and a ball hawk safety who just PREYS on floaters. Chad threw 1 TD against them first time around with 1 pick, I just can't see them doing ANY better. Plus Flacco is twice the QB he was then.

The dolphins defense has become quite adept at hold teams under 17. If they do that, the Phins will have a shot and they've been winning a lot of close game this season.

Make no mistake, I don't think it's likely, but if Chad plays conservative and the Wildcat opens up a big play or two while the defense shuts downs Flacco, I wouldn't say that qualifies as moving Chad into the elite ranks..

Only a Jets fan would pity a Dolphins team who won the division after their team choked it away... I Love all of you!

I know it's been awhile for you, but it's worse to be so close, yet so far away then it is to be out of it by November. We've had rotating instances of each for the last 6 years and I can promise you that years we were good, but not good enough stung a hell of a lot more then then the years we flamed out early..

The dolphins defense has become quite adept at hold teams under 17. If they do that, the Phins will have a shot and they've been winning a lot of close game this season.

Make no mistake, I don't think it's likely, but if Chad plays conservative and the Wildcat opens up a big play or two while the defense shuts downs Flacco, I wouldn't say that qualifies as moving Chad into the elite ranks..

That's a valid point but Cam Cameron seems to have found a system that works for his offense. I'm pretty sure like the last 7 games or something they are all 20-30+ in points except vs. the Steelers.

But I agree, if one of their two RB's breaks a run they have a chance. And I LITERALLY meant if "Chad beats the ravens" if I see him put up two TD's, for like 250-300 yds, against this team, then I think he's elite. But watching him for as long as we were all "blessed" with watching him I just CANNOT see it.

Yea, I've seen plenty of their games somehow, it's just like 2006 except his coordinator is getting guys wide open a lot. In terms of Sunday, had Barton held on to that gift wrapped pick 6, we'd have won the game by 20 points imo. I predicted it was coming after the fumble and even said "i hope we hold onto it when it comes". If they had been playing Baltimore it would've been ugly..

For me it comes down to coaching. Harbaugh is awesome, really. He's why I have no qualms about bringing in another coordinator going into his first HC gig. After last week's win, he was on local radio, and when asked if he was happy with how the season's gone due to how they finished last year, his answer was: "No, I'm still pissed about the 5 we lost. We all are."

Ravens are really good man. Wouldn't shock me at all if they made it to the SB this year.

Im happy for pennington. thats it. he deserved it after how he got kicked outta here, and he did a fine job. id rather have a class act like chad get a division shirt, then an arrogant belli, NE fanbase, and a soon to be arrogant cassel continue to get division shirts. if only miami fans were classy I would be happy for the whole organization. anywho congrats chad.

For me it comes down to coaching. Harbaugh is awesome, really. He's why I have no qualms about bringing in another coordinator going into his first HC gig. After last week's win, he was on local radio, and when asked if he was happy with how the season's gone due to how they finished last year, his answer was: "No, I'm still pissed about the 5 we lost. We all are."

Ravens are really good man. Wouldn't shock me at all if they made it to the SB this year.

Agreed on both, they are one of the best teams in the league imo, but I'm a believer in Any Given Sunday and a road playoff game with a rookie QB is no gimme...

Question, which coordinator do you want, and why has Rex Ryan never landed a gig? Is it the Marvin Lewis stink?

The other thing IMO that is huge is you REALLY REALLY have veteran leadership on that Ravens team, Ray Lewis is playing like he fresh came off a murder and I can just see the vet experience vs. young team being yet another advantage for the Ravens.

I dont' think the Ravens will pound them 48-3, I just think they'll win.

I do, I think they're going to win by at least 21. Lewis has been awesome this year, but Reed and Suggs (not to mention Ngata) have been playing out of their minds lately, not to mention that entire offensive line. Reed's going to have relations with Chad and those recievers. Miami's done a great job of gameplanning despite not being that talented...that's not going to work against the Ravens. They're too smart and too experienced, and by a large enough margin to make up for any shortcomings that a rookie QB might bring to the table.

Agreed on both, they are one of the best teams in the league imo, but I'm a believer in Any Given Sunday and a road playoff game with a rookie QB is no gimme...

Question, which coordinator do you want, and why has Rex Ryan never landed a gig? Is it the Marvin Lewis stink?

I will bet you 1 billion dollars that Baltimore wins. And I'll even give you 1000/1 odds.

I do, I think they're going to win by at least 21. Lewis has been awesome this year, but Reed and Suggs (not to mention Ngata) have been playing out of their minds lately, not to mention that entire offensive line. Reed's going to have relations with Chad and those recievers. Miami's done a great job of gameplanning despite not being that talented...that's not going to work against the Ravens. They're too smart and too experienced, and by a large enough margin to make up for any shortcomings that a rookie QB might bring to the table.

I think what it boils down to is if you have two similar teams, with similar strengths, it's who has the better players/more experienced in those positions. Advantage goes to the Ravens. Plus we all know what could happen if the Ravens go up by 2 TD's early.

I will bet you 1 billion dollars that Baltimore wins. And I'll even give you 1000/1 odds.

Lol, Hey I might actually get paid since you're done funding the War on Christmas ;)

I think you missed my question about the coordinators, here it is again:

I don't get it. Maybe it's me being a conspiracy theorist but why pay him HC money when you can keep in in your organization by telling other places he would suck as a HC and keep a money D-coordinator.

I'm positive it's not as silly as that. But who knows, it does concern me though.

Archived