Eric Mangini- Browns New Head Coach!!!!!!!!

hell we thought Chad was gonna stink up the joint in Miami and he lead them to the playoffs ( albeit a swift exit), the same may happen with Mangini. Time will tell.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro- this is the last thing I'll say to before I continue my practice of posting ultimate warrior pics. Want to know why it's open season? Cause you don't' talk with people, you yell, you scream,

So are we gonna have Garb in here to admit she was wrong those million times she said that Eric Mangini would never get another job even as a DB coach in this league because her team got caught cheati

Yeah, Spygate really hurt Mangini's future job chances alright. I feel bad for my boys at dawgbones.com, best of luck, but it probably will end badly for the Browns.

Prisco's take:

http://peteprisco.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/12787590

What are the Cleveland Browns doing?

Eric Mangini?

He wasn't successful in his three seasons with the New York Jets. Even his good buddy, general manager Mike Tannenbaum, sent him packing because he felt the team needed a change. Or at least he was forced to relieve him of his job and yet the Browns gave him a four-year deal to be their coach Wednesday.

I just think Mangini is too soft of a presence. He plays the tough guy, but he isn't. Does that chubby face look imposing. I don't think he has what it takes to be a successful head coach.

Not only that, the players hated him in New York. Word is his coaches didn't like him.

That's a bad combination: A tough-guy wannabe who isn't well liked. Bill Belichick, the man Mangini copied, has a presence. His players fear him. Bill Parcells' players feared him. Jimmy Johnson's players feared him.

Would you fear Mangini?

There are too many good candidates out there. I think Randy Lerner was snowed by the idea he will be getting another Belichick.

He isn't.

The Browns made a mistake.

The Browns play a 3-4 and they do have some good pieces. Rogers is a great NT and has the potential to be even better. Mangini seemed to do a good job with Jenkins (I'm convinced he was just worn down/hurt by seasons end). Rogers is a good option for him. Don't expect another D-Rob situation.

Prisco's take:

http://peteprisco.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/12787590

What are the Cleveland Browns doing?

Eric Mangini?

He wasn't successful in his three seasons with the New York Jets. Even his good buddy, general manager Mike Tannenbaum, sent him packing because he felt the team needed a change. Or at least he was forced to relieve him of his job and yet the Browns gave him a four-year deal to be their coach Wednesday.

I just think Mangini is too soft of a presence. He plays the tough guy, but he isn't. Does that chubby face look imposing. I don't think he has what it takes to be a successful head coach.

Not only that, the players hated him in New York. Word is his coaches didn't like him.

That's a bad combination: A tough-guy wannabe who isn't well liked. Bill Belichick, the man Mangini copied, has a presence. His players fear him. Bill Parcells' players feared him. Jimmy Johnson's players feared him.

Would you fear Mangini?

There are too many good candidates out there. I think Randy Lerner was snowed by the idea he will be getting another Belichick.

He isn't.

The Browns made a mistake.

Pete Prisco = Dribbling spastic

I'd value the opinion of a French mentally retarded blind guy as much as I'd value his.

hell we thought Chad was gonna stink up the joint in Miami and he lead them to the playoffs ( albeit a swift exit), the same may happen with Mangini. Time will tell.

Let me try to follow this logic.

The Jets cut Chad loose and he had a dream season with another team so Mangini will automatically do the same?

Yeah, that makes sense.

The initial reaction in the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

The Browns hired Eric Mangini

To believe Mangini is the best ride on the coaching carousel and not just the first seat filled requires more than acknowledging his two winning seasons out of three with the Jets.

Or belief that he's the necessary bad cop after four years of Romeo Crennel.

Or that "genius" would've attached itself to him even if his name were Smith.

It requires much more.

For instance it helps if you believe most of the following:

1) Randy Lerner's football instincts don't often fail him.

2) Mangini wowed Lerner in the interview for good reason.

3) For better reasons than Crennel wowed him.

4) That the process of seeking a head coach was exhaustive and included a meeting or phone call with Mike Shanahan.

5) That Mangini was among the top candidates on other lists, too.

6) That Mangini learned from his mistakes in New York.

7) That he learned without any time between head coaching jobs to consider them.

8) After watching Lerner visibly perk upon hearing that Mangini was available, that the owner still put the coach through a serious vetting by people who know football better than the owner.

9) That the Browns' process is even half as deliberate as Baltimore's was when Ozzie Newsome went coach hunting and found John Harbaugh.

10) That the limo taking you to football paradise after so many years of thankless fandom will sport a bumper sticker that reads "Mangini-Kokinis '09 -- Change You Can Believe In."

The Browns play a 3-4 and they do have some good pieces. Rogers is a great NT and has the potential to be even better. Mangini seemed to do a good job with Jenkins (I'm convinced he was just worn down/hurt by seasons end). Rogers is a good option for him. Don't expect another D-Rob situation.

that's all great except one fact, he sucks as a coach.

Let me try to follow this logic.

The Jets cut Chad loose and he had a dream season with another team so Mangini will automatically do the same?

Yeah, that makes sense.

I never said it was gonna happen, I said he might surprise us and actually coach better in Cleveland, just l;ike Chad surprised most of us when he went to Miami. Everyone is saying him going to Cleveland is a sucky move, but you never know. they actually have to play the games first to see if he sucks or if he's any good. Whats with you guys always trying to correct someone when your own comprehension skills are lacking...

Edited by DLJ
I never said it was gonna happen, I said he might surprise us and actually coach better in Cleveland, just l;ike Chad surprised most of us when he went to Miami. Everyone is saying him going to Cleveland is a sucky move, but you never know. Whats with you guys always trying to correct someone when your own comprehension skills are lacking...

to be quite honest i will be shocked if he wins 4 games

we all saw the SF, OAK, KC, BUFF, and SEA debacles

we saw us blow a huge lead vs AZ as we hung on for dear life

i broke my first remote during NE collapse

he has no skills, seriously it took a 1 hand catch by coles in last minute to beat hermie!!!

Haha.. What a chump. Guys like that who just blatantly troll are worthless. Nothing wrong with opposing fans ripping on our sadsack franchise a bit, but something like this blatantly exposes their intentions

You dope. Mangini turned on Belichick. Thats been documented.

In your dreams.

Nothing changes the fact the Lord Favre is still in Jersey and Mangini down the road. If it was Manginis idea to bring Favres old tired arm to NJ then why isnt he gone as well?

Stop defending Mangini. You lost. You are making him a sympathetic figure for no other reason then to be a d00sh. What's well documented is your hatred for Mangini. Deal with the pwnage like a man.

it will be funny if mangini wins the division next year with the browns. i know 124 and montrealjet will be ****ting crow.

He will have a tough time keeping out of the cellar. The Browns will not finish ahead of the Steelers or Ravens. The Bengals were ravaged by injuries and should be healthy next year including having a healthy Carson Palmer.

Don't be shocked if the Browns have the best record next year, not because Mangini is the coach but because he was the Jets coach before that.

Our luck and another reason why this team is cursed.

Don't be shocked if the Browns have the best record next year, not because Mangini is the coach but because he was the Jets coach before that.

Our luck and another reason why this team is cursed.

The Browns are playing a last placed schedule next year. When Mangini took over the Jets they also played a last placed schedule and went 10-6 the next season.

The Browns are playing a last placed schedule next year. When Mangini took over the Jets they also played a last placed schedule and went 10-6 the next season.

Pittsburgh x2

Cinci x2

Baltimore x2

San Diego

Denver

Kansas City

Oakland

Minnesota

Green Bay

Chicago

Detroit

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Stop defending Mangini. You lost. You are making him a sympathetic figure for no other reason then to be a d00sh. What's well documented is your hatred for Mangini. Deal with the pwnage like a man.

GFY

Mangini never had a chance with the INT leader on board. He deserved at least 1 more season.

If any of the Browns opponents watch game film from the last 5 weeks of the Jets season, the Browns will be 0-16. Just keep throwing it to the tight end or the slot receiver and you're guaranteed to march up and down the field. Just keep an eye out for the safety blitzing from 30 yards away.

man, this thread really gives me the vibe that many people here are PISSED that Mangini got a new job and this quickly.

They will be the same people rooting for him to fail next season and will be pissed when he wins games. And he will win them games.

This isn't Herm we just got rid of fellas. Say what you will about Mangini, but he prepares his teams very, very thoroughly.

man, this thread really gives me the vibe that many people here are PISSED that Mangini got a new job and this quickly.

They will be the same people rooting for him to fail next season and will be pissed when he wins games. And he will win them games.

This isn't Herm we just got rid of fellas. Say what you will about Mangini, but he prepares his teams very, very thoroughly.

LOL u serious:D

Of course I'm rooting against him, I hated Mangini as a coach. This team had arguably the worst collapse in franchise history under him after we had established ourselves as a legit Super Bowl contender. Our GM got us Brett Favre, and it went to waste. Our GM drafted and signed several Pro Bowlers, and it went to waste. Our fanbase showed up and got excited like never before, and it all went to waste.

Why? Mangini, that's why. I'm not rooting for him at all, the dude sucked the life out of me for several years and helped the Jets reclaim the stigma of "same ol' Jets," after we'd just gone through a decade where we were on the verge of dispelling it. Eff Mangini. Eff him in the ear.

What grinds my gears is the fact that he's getting so much credit for interviewing well. OF COURSE he was going to interview well. He got hired in the largest market in the country as the youngest head coach ever at the time, and he's already been through the process before. The dude knows how to interview. He just doesn't know how to coach, and unfortunately I had to see this while he was doing it on my team. And all of a sudden, there's this revisionist history because he landed a job quickly? Give me a break. Mangini sucked balls.

I do pity Browns fans though. God forbid he gets 9 to 11 wins next season and gets their hopes up, because he never comes through.

Edited by RutgersJetFan
You dope. Mangini turned on Belichick. Thats been documented.

Documented ? Where? In your dreams troll ? You're so full of ****. The only thing documented is the fact that you've been pwnd fool.

Edited by Thai Jet
GFY

Mangini never had a chance with the INT leader on board. He deserved at least 1 more season.

I agree that Mangini should have been given another year but what's with the GFY ? Because he told you to man up ? Comments like that is why people hate trolls like you .

Of course he's serious. My question is: Are you ? You said you'd be "shocked if the Browns won 4 games" then you predicted they'd go 5-11 ! What's up with that ? ;)

saw schedule..i admit 5-11 is pushing it...i could be enticed with 3-13 as

well

detroit is a win as is KC and maybe cinn once

yeah change it to 3-13